• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

f2bnp

Mar 16, 2019
Lol, this store is like a couple of blocks from where I live. Used to go there all the time as a kid, so funny to see it here!

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
this will be a really fun one for handheld. I hope the ezio collection makes it to switch one day though

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The first one on switch ran bad, right?
I started playing AC3 for Switch over the weekend and feel that it's fine. Could be better, could be worse. The framerate does seemingly go into the low 20's during large battles when a lot is going on, but I guess I'm kind of used to that from how the game originally was on 360 and PS3; at no point does it feel unplayable or anything like that. It does have a few annoying bugs though.

For what it's worth, Digital Foundry said in their analysis that the Switch version runs better than the Wii U version, even with the increase in resolution. So hopefully, Black Flag for Switch will also perform better than its Wii U counterpart. If it's at least on the same level as AC3 for Switch, I'll be content with it.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
How long before we get Assassin's Creed Unity on Switch?

Then we will start seeing that Digital Foundry clip come full-circle (...you know the one).

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I told myself I wouldn't get any more ports of old games for the Switch but I never played Rogue. Might just have to get that.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The Switch stays winning. I'm so glad Nintendo finally made a modern system that's getting as much third party love as the competition.

Black Flag is a dope ass pirate game. Sometimes I'd just sail around listening to an audiobook. Good times.

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue was a great swan song for the PS3/360, the last of the less-than-100% scale environments (we were climbing around basically as very tall people before Unity) and the sum of lessons learned from the Ezio-Desmond-era gameplay. The frontier was the start of their dynamic encounter system, and the game had not one but two large sailing maps, and then lower Manhattan as another separate area.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Keen for Black Flag but cautious of how this will turn out...

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
That's two of the mysterious GS 18 from tomorrow's direct. what else we got
/
This ought to just be one of the entries. Rather than each game being a separate release, this seems to be a double-pack like they did with Assassin's Creed III Remastered.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I wish Ubisoft would get off it's high horse and port AC Odyssey or Origins to switch. This year Odyssey has become one of my top 10 games of all time. Just amazing (hit box) mechanics, nice storyline, and a giant amount of content; it needs to come to the undisputed best console ever, Switch.

Black Flag was the only other AC game I owned when PS4 came out, and it's one of my few purchased games on the PS4 that I haven't finished or even gotten past 10% of the game's progression.

It's plain to see Switch can effortlessly handle games like DOOM and Witcher 3; Ubisoft needs to bring the goods to the GOAT platform, not old PS4 shovelware.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I wish these games would recieve what is essentially just resolution bumps (and I think 60fps right?) with DLC included. Seeing a game like 2 or 3 remade for current hardware would be breathtaking.

That being said....im down for 4.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Ubisoft would get off it's high horse and port AC Odyssey or Origins to switch. This year Odyssey has become one of my top 10 games of all time. Just amazing (hit box) mechanics, nice storyline, and a giant amount of content; it needs to come to the undisputed best console ever, Switch.

Black Flag was the only other AC game I owned when PS4 came out, and it's one of my few purchased games on the PS4 that I haven't finished or even gotten past 10% of the game's progression.

It's plain to see Switch can effortlessly handle games like DOOM and Witcher 3; Ubisoft needs to bring the goods to the GOAT platform, not old PS4 shovelware.

Uhhh, i wouldnt call the heavily compromised witcher and doom ports effortless, or even ideal ways to experience those games. I think getting those ac games to run on switch would require so many cut backs that it might not be worth it, but idk for sure, how does origins and odyssey run on base xbox one?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
this will be a really fun one for handheld. I hope the ezio collection makes it to switch one day though
With this release rounding off the North American games in the series, an Ezio collection release next year seems like a good bet.

ahh makes sense. Impressive if they're able to fit both games on a single cartridge with all their DLC (or simply 2 cartridges in one box).
It should fit onto one card. Looking at the European PlayStation Store, the PS3 versions of ACIV and Rogue total up to about 16GB. There's quite a few assets shared between the two games so a single pack could be lower than 16GB even without much optimisation. Higher-quality assets might bring the size back up, but could potentially still fit on one card.

If it doesn't fit on one card you'll be downloading Rogue, have no doubts about that. They won't have two cards in one box.

Do they know they have an IP called far cry?
Probably the key thing that they know is that they have the AnvilNext engine running on Switch due to last year's port of ACIII. That makes ACIV easier to port to Switch than something like Far Cry 3.

I wish these games would recieve what is essentially just resolution bumps (and I think 60fps right?) with DLC included.
You definitely shouldn't expect 60FPS for this. No AC game on console has been 60FPS, even when remastered. The best thing to hope for in terms of framerate would be a solid 30FPS and not the unlocked framerate of the original.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
With this release rounding off the North American games in the series, an Ezio collection release next year seems like a good bet.

It should fit onto one card. Looking at the European PlayStation Store, the PS3 versions of ACIV and Rogue total up to about 16GB. There's quite a few assets shared between the two games so a single pack could be lower than 16GB even without much optimisation. Higher-quality assets might bring the size back up, but could potentially still fit on one card.

If it doesn't fit on one card you'll be downloading Rogue, have no doubts about that. They won't have two cards in one box.

Probably the key thing that they know is that they have the AnvilNext engine running on Switch due to last year's port of ACIII. That makes ACIV easier to port to Switch than something like Far Cry 3.

You definitely shouldn't expect 60FPS for this. No AC game on console has been 60FPS, even when remastered. The best thing to hope for in terms of framerate would be a solid 30FPS and not the unlocked framerate of the original.
yeah I wasnt sure if the remasters on Xbox or PS got to 60fps or not. Honestly id take redone visuals @ locked 30 tbh

Jan 2, 2018
I wonder if that means we're also going to see 'remastered' version of AC4 and Rouge for Pc& home consoles. Would be pretty weird consider the fact that AC4 was also current gen game.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I got Black Flag for free from Amazon at PS4 launch. I wasn't all that interested in it, but I ended up really loving it. The sailing/pirating was the hook for me. I will consider picking it up for Switch if it is a solid port.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if that means we're also going to see 'remastered' version of AC4 and Rouge for Pc& home consoles. Would be pretty weird consider the fact that AC4 was also current gen game.
If AC3 on Switch was any indication, this probably won't really be much of a remaster. AC3 on Switch was closer to the last-gen releases than the current-gen ones from earlier in the year, just with a higher resolution and a somewhat improved framerate compared to the Wii U version. Iirc, Digital Foundry found that almost none of the graphic improvements from the other versions of the remaster made it in on Switch. All of the QOL improvements did make it in, however, as well as gyro aiming and some touch controls.

I wouldn't expect these games to get much of a remaster treatment. They'll be a bit better than the last-gen versions, with a few bells and whistles added for the controls.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the "Remastered" portion of the title would only be meant to apply to Rogue, but yeah, Ubisoft occasionally give their games strange names so maybe they will label ACIV as a remaster as well.

I really doubt there'll be a separate release on PS4 and Xbox One.

FayaEmblaimu

Alt account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
already done it at 100% (both Black Flag and Rogue) on PC.

Great for them to sell ACIV and ACIV-2 on switch. The whole Kenway trilogy