• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So the remaster is Switch only or what?

Been waiting for a sale on the gold edition of black flag on PS4 but haven't seen one recently

Did get rogue already though few weeks ago

Plum

May 31, 2018

Been waiting for a sale on the gold edition of black flag on PS4 but haven't seen one recently

Rogue already received a current-gen remaster, so this would just be porting that to Switch with the regular Black Flag alongside it.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Black Flag probably isn't getting a true remaster. My guess is the "Remaster" part of the title is either referring to Rogue, or the fact that BF on Switch will be closer to the PS4/XB1 versions than the Wii U version. Would be silly for them to actually remaster a game that originates from the current console generation.

I hope they resolve the audio situation from the AC3 port. Poor quality audio just sucks.
They fixed that a few weeks ago.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Please let both of them be on the cart. I only had few hours in Rogue but Black Flag remains my favourite AC game in the series.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rogue is one of the best games in the series. Assuming it doesn't run like garbage I'll double dip.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Hy shit an actual leak from The Console Club? This is hilarious and awesome, these guys are good people and one of the best resellers for used games in the country. Genuinely impressed that they had the knowledge and I love that they got their moment in the spotlight.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Please let both of them be on the cart. I only had few hours in Rogue but Black Flag remains my favourite AC game in the series.
AC3R had both games on the cart I believe (though The Tyranny of King Washington was a separate and free download), so fingers crossed it's the same case here. If they do that though, the audio in one (or both) of the games will probably be compressed to hell again. In that event, I hope they have a day one patch ready to address it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I was saying in the other thread before seeing this that the only more boring possible announcement than a Borderlands port would be an Assassin's Creed port. Should sell pretty well though, I know people like BF.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they remastered it to remove all the boat stealth sequences.

BOAT STEALTH. Why, Ubisoft.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
In for Black Flag. I started playing it on PC but then drop it at some point due to the lack of time. Would pick it up again during my travels.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never played Rogue but BF is my second favorite AssCreed game so I'm super excited!!!!!

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I posted this yesterday or the day before and got told everybody already knew.

Thread grumping aside, this is awesome news and a must buy for me

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see Rogue get some love -- it's vastly superior to Black Flag (and every other post-Ezio, pre-Origins AC) in almost every way.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Black Flag was by far the best Assassin's Creed game. I have not played Rogue; so I can't wait to give that a try.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see Rogue get some love -- it's vastly superior to Black Flag (and every other post-Ezio, pre-Origins AC) in almost every way.
Rogue is really good, yeah. Its story is a really nice finale to the American trilogy (and also doesn't feel bloated just for the sake of length-- it's as long as it needed to be for the story it told), and the way it ties into Unity is really damn cool.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
If this is true then Switch players are in for a treat. Black Flag is a top 3 Assasin's Creed game IMO alongside Brotherhood and Origins. Rogue was decent, but it doesn't match Black Flag. Still worth playing though.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Black Flag probably isn't getting a true remaster. My guess is the "Remaster" part of the title is either referring to Rogue, or the fact that BF on Switch will be closer to the PS4/XB1 versions than the Wii U version. Would be silly for them to actually remaster a game that originates from the current console generation.

They fixed that a few weeks ago.

Wasn't that fixed in a patch?

I blame my vacation for missing this. Did they resolve the lower bitrate audio, or just the crackling issues? I found AC Odyssey even suffered from low quality bitrate audio which is a real bummer, AC3 on Switch was notably worse though.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I blame my vacation for missing this. Did they resolve the lower bitrate audio, or just the crackling issues? AC Odyssey even suffers from low quality bitrate audio which is a real bummer, AC3 on Switch was worse though.
I started playing AC3 on Switch for the first time over the weekend and haven't noticed any issues with the quality of the audio. No crackling, and also no obvious compression (nobody sounds like they have a lisp, for example). Things more than a few feet away from Connor could be a bit louder, but otherwise it's fine.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue was never on Wii U at least. But based on how AC3 for Switch turned out, Black Flag probably will be similar to its Wii U version, just with a resolution boost and somewhat better performance (and all DLC included).

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Black Flag is my favorite AC so this is cool, not sure I need to buy it again, though.

I've never played Rogue and have always wanted to, though, so this time I might!

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll include the Aveline DLC for Black Flag that was exclusive to PlayStation and PC. I hope this is the complete package.

Black Flag is my favorite AC so this is cool, not sure I need to buy it again, though.

I've never played Rogue and have always wanted to, though, so this time I might!
You should! It's almost identical to Black Flag in gameplay, but the setting feels like a nice blend of AC3 and Black Flag (the wilderness and towns are more like the Frontier and Boston/New York from AC3, but you still get to freely sail and do the naval stuff from Black Flag), and the story has some really nice ties to BF, AC3, and Unity, while also offering a unique perspective since it follows an Assassin-turned-Templar. If you like the series or even just Black Flag, it's totally worth playing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
How was Black Flag on the Wii U? Hopefully we'll see some nice improvements.
According to Digital Foundry, it was worse than the PS3/360 versions:

Those hoping for the Wii U version to slip somewhere in between the PS3/360 and PS4/XO experience are in for a disappointment though. Ubisoft has created a two-tier product and the Nintendo version is very definitely pegged at the lower level. Native 720p resolution is standard here, and the same in-house post-process anti-aliasing solution is also in effect, delivering similar results to Xbox 360 and PS3. In fact, the only points of difference revolve around slightly reduced texture filtering in some scenes, and a cooler overall colour balance that doesn't quite covey the warm glow of the tropical sun quite as well as the other platforms. Both of these things are small nitpicks though, not harming the overall presentation in any meaningful way.

There is GamePad integration but it's nothing to write home about, amounting to a relocation of the map screen and the rather more welcome off-TV play. More alarming is that while multiplayer is included, DLC content won't be released on Wii U. Disappointing.

In terms of the actual shipping product, while image quality is largely a match, performance is a genuine issue, providing an overall experience that comes across as distinctly sub-par when compared against the last-gen releases, let alone the vastly superior PS4 and Xbox One versions.

The Wii U version consistently falls 6-10fps behind the 360 and PS3 releases, resulting in a jerky, often uneven update and a profound, unsatisfying reduction in controller response. Combined with the GamePad's twitchy analogue sticks, the low frame-rate makes frantically running across rooftops and chasing down targets a frustrating affair, the net result being that we'd often have to repeat some missions multiple times - something that wasn't much of a problem on 360, and with no issues at all when playing at 60fps on the PC version of the game.
AC3 on Switch has a framerate and resolution boost over the Wii U version, so hopefully the Switch version of AC4 will also be better than the Wii U version. (Also, it's worth pointing out that while the second DF article I linked mentions poor audio quality in AC3 for Switch, that has since been fixed in an update.)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Grr, i wanted the Ezio Trilogy on Switch!

I did play the shit out of Black Flag and I'll totally get this if only for Rouge which I haven't gotten around to playing yet (would love to have it portable).

But I think the Ezio trilogy would be particularly great on Switch. 3 games that I loved and they're older so they'd probably look and perform better than the newer ones.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
The Remastered version of Rogue is pretty much just the PC version with settings on max, at least on PS4 Pro. I highly doubt a Switch version will be superior to the PC version. I would say Rogue is better than Black Flag, though, so if you liked that you should definitely play Rogue one way or the other.
I say it's the "superior version" because I think the Switch version is always the superior version, because it's the only one that I can play everywhere.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Hey I've ordered from them before(Greek here), I'm 90% sure they don't know shit and saw a rumor and posted it on their website. Not saying it's not happening but don't think this is definitive proof.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I've ordered from them before(Greek here), I'm 90% sure they don't know shit and saw a rumor and posted it on their website. Not saying it's not happening but don't think this is definitive proof.
I originally had it tagged as a rumor in the thread title because I have no familiarity with the retailer, but ZhugeEX posted in here saying the release is real. Like you said though, that doesn't mean that they knew for a fact the game is coming. There have been plenty of instances in the past of stores putting up listings for rumored games, but there have also been plenty of instances where those listings turned out to be real.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they removed the page from their website.