• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've been eating Greek yogurt my whole life. Until recently I tried French style yogurt.

It was an epiphany moment for my mouth. I don't think I've had better yogurt my life. So light and fluffy. Not as sour.

I'll be replacing Greek yogurt with French yogurt, even when cooking Mediterranean.

Go to your local Trader Joe's and the following asap.
Trader_20Joes_20French_20Village_20Yogurt.jpg

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like goat cheese, people have shit taste with this stuff

AKA different ones from me

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's almost like taste... is subjective?

p.s. Greek coffee is supreme. I like my coffee resembling a thick sludge.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Most "Greek" Yogurt outside Greece is made with cow milk instead of goat milk which makes it not as good imo.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have you been to the Mediterranean? Greece and Lebanon know their fucking yogurt, I can promise you.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Er, there are a gazillion types of French and Greek Yogurts, but okay.

I'll say I went to Cambodia once, and we had some food at the side of the road in Poi-pet (colloquially known as Toi-let), so I was projectile vomiting for three days straight (and not infrequently my vomit would sail inches past military guards holding Kalashnikovs), couldn't even eat as much as one piece of pineapple before unloading everything again. And then we stumbled (or my fellow travelers walked and I literally stumbled) onto an old colonial French restaurant, and they had fresh French homemade yogurt which was absolutely divine. It was the softest, sweetest, most heavenly substance sliding past my tongue and it all stayed inside wonderfully.

Which is all to say, no actually Greek yogurt is better.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Which country invented the yogurt in a tube? You guys looking pretty dumb with your non portable yogurts.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Is Oui considered French, cuz my mom loves that stuff. And they come in glass jars so when I was taking the trash out for her once it sounded like an alcoholic lives there.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
It's like goat cheese, people have shit taste with this stuff

AKA different ones from me
You talking French Goat Cheese, the one with the wax coating or Greek Goat Cheese? Cause any of those not being considered delicious is a wrong opinion.
since we are talking about greece let me just say. american gyros > greek gyros
American Gyros is just Doner labeled as Greek Gyro. While it IS delicious and I was alienated when moving to Greece that Doner is not Gyros, you probably ate Gyros somewhere down south. Gyros in the Peloponnese or Attica region ain't worth shit, come up north and try out our Gyros, its just sublime.

As for Greek Yogurt, you probably haven't had the good stuff. Unfortunately as a good it isn't PDO so 99% of the time its watered down bullshit. Try to see if their is a Greek Food Store that imports proper Greek products, Mevgal and Koukaki are excellent examples of what you should buy. Even easier, just look for Proveio Giaourti of you can't find those brands

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
French person here. I love greek yogurt, and the creamyness for 0% fat is amazing.

But this, this is the stuff of gods.

say-oui-with-the-perfect-flavor-for-you-770x500.jpg

Not 0% fat by any measure though.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Greek person here. You may prefer a milder taste, OP, but in terms of quality greek yogurt is incredible.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest: Yogurt is shit. Tastes like shit, looks like shit, horrible texture. I just eat them for my gut bacteria.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I didn't realise that we Greeks declared our yogurt infallible and forced you to eat it. Apologies about that.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
That Oui stuff is on another level. Best yogurt.
Nah, too much added sugar.

Let's be honest: Yogurt is shit. Tastes like shit, looks like shit, horrible texture. I just eat them for my gut bacteria.
You disgust me.

you've been waiting for this moment for years. So glad Its finally here for you
Thank you. Yogurt is my one true fandom.