• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What score do you predictt

• 9-10

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • 8-9

Votes: 96 15.7%
  • 7-8

Votes: 375 61.3%
  • 6-7

Votes: 117 19.1%
  • 5.9 or below

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Low 70s. You would know by now from early impressions if it was groundbreaking in anyway. People love to gush over games that are actually really good before release date.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be optimistic and say 81.

I think it will definitely have tons of jank but I think it will be forgiven because large Western AAA full-fledged RPGs are getting harder and harder to come by with the decline of Bioware this gen, and people want a new game like that.

Though I've never played a Spider game so maybe I don't really understand how bad they are.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Most Spiders games are pretty terrible but this looks like a big turnaround for them so I think 78 meta and a very solid game with just some slight jank.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
60-70 probably. Their last 3 games were around 50's to late 60's. I'm expecting an improvement, but nothing too major.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really really want this to be in the 80s. I havent seen much about it, but did watch some dude on twitch play it last night and it really intrigued me.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its Spiders, it aint breaking out past the 70 barrier. People that haven't played their games underestimate the ways in which they cut corners and will bore people not dedicated to the genre.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping in the 80's but I feel like anything 74 and above would be great for them.

I enjoyed Technomancer but can understand why the rough edges and shortcomings turned some people away so I probably wouldn't bet he best at predicting it.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I could see it doing low 80s. It's a solid RPG so far and all the different systems work well. I haven't run into any glaring flaws or anything that would tank the score.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The biggest criticism I would make based on the footage I have seen is that it looks kind of...boring? I hope it manages to stay interesting. Anyone else feel the same way?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i absolutely love their titles, and i believe it'll be in the 7-8 range. While completely fair to do so since a game should stand on its own, I imagine many reviewing and forming their opinions on this will do so while mentally comparing it to similar AAA RPGs since there aren't many AA titles of this type being released. Once they manage to get out of sub-80s it is likely when they make it big.

See those of yall who are playing it in the OT.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I estimate a solid 7 or just below. Hoping for an 8 and an AA breakthrough.

Had a lot of fun with Euro AA games like Vampyr, Shadow Tactics, Surviving Mars, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, ...

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It will do much better than the most recent "gaming revolution" from Bioware, that's for sure. I'd say between 75 and 80?

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Reviewers are much less forgiving of euro jank this gen, so i'm expecting a 75.

Spiders are such a talented studio that consistantly improves with each game, and they deserve a publisher that can give them a budget and support them properly.

Yes, I'm still salty that they were bought by Big Ben.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Why is the developer called Spiders? I can't stand spiders
tenor.gif

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What shortcuts did they take with previous games?

This looks amazing but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger so early on an unknown game

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
There are quite a few people who got this game early (here and on Reddit) and everyone says that Greedfall is a marked improvement over all previous Spiders' games. I believe that most mainstream review sources have a bit of a negative bias towards the so-called "euro-jank", so I would be surprised if Greedfall breaks 75 on Meta/Opencritic. Still, with a bit of luck it might do that. My hope is for an 80+ score, but that's probably unlikely.

I've studied quite a few early impressions and from them I expect this game to be a solid 9 for me personally (if its quality is consistent throughout). I've already preordered it, as I know that I want to play it in any case to try it out for myself, even if it reviews poorly after all.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
There are quite a few people who got this game early (here and on Reddit) and everyone says that Greedfall is a marked improvement over all previous Spiders' games. I believe that most mainstream review sources have a bit of a negative bias towards the so-called "euro-jank", so I would be surprised if Greedfall breaks 75 on Meta/Opencritic. Still, with a bit of luck it might do that. My hope is for an 80+ score, but that's probably unlikely.

I've studied quite a few early impressions and from them I expect this game to be a solid 9 for me personally (if its quality is consistent throughout). I've already preordered it, as I know that I want to play it in any case to try it out for myself, even if it reviews poorly after all.

IMHO there is considerably less jank than previous titles. I had some issues with the camera but adjusted it in the settings to calm the thing down, I've also had issues with the game crashing in 4k but worked around it. Other than that, it's been great so far. Admittedly I'm on level 5 and have only done about 3 hours or so (playing Astral Chain and Gears 5 ate my time) but so far, this aint a 6 game for me at all.