• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Explore uncharted new lands as you set foot on a remote island seeping with magic, and filled with riches, lost secrets, and fantastic creatures.

Forge this new world's destiny, as you befriend or betray companions and entire factions. With diplomacy, deception and force, become part of a living, evolving world - influence its course and shape your story.

• Engage in a core roleplaying experience – achieve quests and complete objectives in a multitude of different ways – through combat, diplomacy, deception, or stealth.
  • Complete freedom in character progression – play as a male or female, customize your appearance, and freely choose your abilities, spells and skills.
  • Delve into a mysterious world of magic – begin a grand journey and uncover ancient secrets protected by supernatural beings, manifestations of the island's earthly magic.

In case you missed it, here's 10 minute of gameplay footage from E3:

Also, there's a lot of info from Czech, google translated. It's kind of old, but I just remember I saw this for a brief moment before.
  • Baroque / fantasy RPG inspired by the 17th century (and painters like Rembrandt).
  • the whole island is divided into 16 zones (large open maps) with different environments (inspired by Scotland, Ireland, Iceland). The environment is hilarious and stylized in autumn colors, but not for all locations.
  • Fireplaces allow you to travel quickly like Tomb Raider.
  • a novelty is the choice of sex (it wasn't in Martian RPG).
  • The name of the game is probably allusion to Silverfall, which was the RPG's first film by the founders of Spiders, and it has a major role in the fight against technology. Surprisingly, we will also encounter this issue in Greedfalle.
  • 80+ quests that have more classic solutions - violent, diplomatic, thieving. Day / night rotation is also confirmed, affecting the availability of tasks and the composition of enemies.
  • companions influence your dialogues - for example, when you visit a governor of a nation accompanied by a companion from a hostile nation, the conversation will take a different direction.
  • Real-time combat with the possibility of slowing down, a new system of "critical effect" for companions.
  • Classically, you can switch between two sets of weapons that allow different combinations of two weapons at the same time, eg two pistols or a gun and another weapon. Hammers break through armor, daggers cause bleeding.
  • 100+ abilities, including social skills, science, or Light magic (allegedly a specific light form of magic).Combat skills are tied to several types of weapons - apparently cutting weapons, crushing, daggers, pistols and muskets. We know about 3 trees (probably 4) - Magic, Fighter (Close Combat), Trapper (Shooting and Traps).
  • 200+ things. Armament technology will not be 100% historically accurate, you will also encounter various experimental and "cool" looking weapons. With crafting, you can give them additional effects or use poisonous bullets.
  • There are 3 bigger cities on the island, each one belonging to one main faction (religious, scientific, business).Navigators are an important guild, managing ports in all cities, and all factions need their sailors for long voyages. Mercenaries practice and supply soldiers to all the main factions and have their bases in towns (this idea that all troops are trained by a military guild, I do not consider it entirely convincing, but it will be explained in the game and gives them more the possibilities of the diplomacy, agreements and betrayals mentioned above. Diplomacy should have more space than usual - Farflame. The natives live in villages on the island and are divided into different tribes.
  • For those who have a strong bond with natural magic, different leaves and shoots grow on the body - like the shaman in the video.
  • The outfit is mainly inspired by Baroque fashion, some garments work as light armor, but you will also get various aboriginal masks or hats (trio).
  • The island is called Teer Fradee (in Yecht Fradí or Yakt Huladi) and Malichor (Malichor plague) virus.
  • NEW - The hero is called De Sardet, has the rank of Legate of the Congregation of Merchants. His / her cousin is Constantine De Sardet (or D'Orsay), governor of the colony of New Serene.
  • NEW - In a brief introductory prologue, you are rescuing the above-mentioned brothers who were imprisoned (apparently for some drunken disturbances) in the tower. You can do it in different ways. If you have sufficient charisma, you will deceive the guard. Or bribe her. Or, as a thief, you penetrate secretly inside and pry the locks, or steal the key guard. Or pierce a hole in the wall. The success of these events is sometimes affected by the time of day (day / night).
  • NEW - after the introductory prologue you can go in any direction, but according to your actions and where you go, certain events will start sooner or later. So the story unfolds gradually according to what you do - you can wander for some time and not fill it. There are a few places that will be available later in the story (such as dungeons).
  • NEW - the game does not have level scaling as well as Piranha Bytes RPG.
  • NEW - you encounter several types of puzzles (it wasn't in the previous RPG Spiders), eg manipulating symbols (natives?), Mostly not to be complicated.
  • NEW - A professional linguist has created a native language for the game. It was based on the Proto-Celtic language, sometimes Welsh or Breton spells. Then they named all the animals, places, things in the language. They have also made various phrases and greetings that make sense (it's not just one word that means "hello"). E.g. one village is called Vígnámrí, meaning "village of royal bones". And if a player wants, he can try to figure out why his name is so. Another village is named after its geography "village on the cliff." Even the island has a name - Tir Fradi (Teer Fradee) means "a land blessed by the blessed" (something in the sense). So far, I do not know if you will have to learn as a player as a player (it may not be necessary to play the game, but not everything you meet will be translated, so it will be a plus for perfectionists who like to explore things in depth) ).
  • NEW - The island and the natives have a complex lore, which the authors devoted a lot of time. Every clan, village and important place has a past. They studied the colonization of North America and Australia for this, but the story of Greedfall is not an attempt to imitate their history.
  • NEW - This time the English scriptwriter Kurt McClung is in charge of the English translation, which they are already working with (not at the end as with Technomancer). They promise better English from it.
  • Issue 2019.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Props to this team, this is quite interesting to me, i love me some 7/10 Eurojank RPGs (i am not using the term in a negative way, mind you :p). It seems like they are growing nicely into an AA studio.

And of course nice job from Focus Home, they have a really nice line up that gives them a solid position among AA publishers imho.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've been keen for this since the reveal trailer. They have grown so much when you consider Mars: War Logs.

Yeah me too. This dev is like a guilty pleasure of mine. The games are janky as hell and really rough around the edges, but I love them all the same. I've got my pre-order in for this game too. Can't wait.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
This has potential, loving the art style. Flemish painterly aesthetics? Sign me right the hell up for that.

Never played Bound by Flame, but my pre release hype for that was dashed by the reality of its critical reception. This looks like a major step forward from that title.

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot all about this. Spiders might not make the most competent games, but I find them more interesting than most AAA games.

I don't know if I'm getting it at release since the second half of 2019 is packed, but it's tempting after watching that trailer. It's hitting all my buttons and I love the 17th century aesthetic.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Looks interesting. Will pick it up when I return from my holiday if the reviews are good.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the few original things to come out these days. Art style looks really good and the game seems really full of ways to customize your character.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
I hadn't heard of this till today.

Looking at the gameplay and trailers, it looks very good. The gameplay and world are intriguing, and I like their dedication to deep side missions

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Busy period but I think this looks absolutely great. Really looking forward to playing it. It'll certainly have an uphill battle releasing at that time though.

Oct 29, 2017
Moderately intrigued by this; I've been turned off of previous games like Technomancer and Bound by Flame because of reports that they were super difficult. Hopefully they include an easy setting or something this time. I like Eurojank but I don't want to struggle to complete it.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Spiders with a proper budget and time continues to look really good.

I'm slotting this game in at the top of my early September list, Borderlands be damned.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I was intrigued when the game was first announced. It looks like a pleasant mix between Fable and Bloodborne. I am still on the fence at the moment though.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Moderately intrigued by this; I've been turned off of previous games like Technomancer and Bound by Flame because of reports that they were super difficult. Hopefully they include an easy setting or something this time. I like Eurojank but I don't want to struggle to complete it.
Exactly where I'm at. I find the worlds and settings of Spiders' games really appealing, but am always turned off by the difficulty. I'm not coming to these kinds of games for stiff challenge and grueling combat.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks interesting, will wait for df because in my experiencing the smaller devs are alot of times focusing the optimization on pc and I don't support that.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Love this teams games and I'll definitely be there for Greedfall. They make solid RPGs and most people overlook them all the time.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin

Technomancer was a bit harder than I expected but Bound by Flame was no problem I died a few times throughout it but nothing more than usual unless comparing to like Skyrim where you could go the whole game without dying unless you killed yourself on accident. It has difficulty options if I remember right. I usually play whatever normal is. Maybe give Bound by Flame a chance if you ever can.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible, terrible release month. Looks really interesting, but I pretty much have to wait on it, likely until December or beyond. It's a shame they couldn't have made early-mid August, but Sept-Nov are a no-go

Oct 29, 2017
Exactly where I'm at. I find the worlds and settings of Spiders' games really appealing, but am always turned off by the difficulty. I'm not coming to these kinds of games for stiff challenge and grueling combat.

You wouldn't think it would be THAT hard to add in a casual setting for those of us who just want to cruise through the story like it's Fable or Skyrim. But here we are.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
This game did a sharp turnaround for me once they started showing actual gameplay for it. I remember the intial CGI trailer a few years back and being largely uninterested, but actually being able to see the game proper has been a huge boon. Also, them confirming being able to make a female character instead of just a stock white dude was a huge plus. I also love that aesthetic with the flowing capes and rapiers, right up their with Victorian fashion a la Bloodborne for me.

September's stacked, but I'm definitely down to support the AA space over some other Mainstream hits, though it sucks this is the same day as Indivisible as well. Definitely gonna have some competition for my focus that week.

It also really helps that there's not really anything competing in the Fable/Dragon Age space right now. Fable was a favorite of mine growing up until 3.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Sept is already stacked, but I'll give this a shot. It looks great and I kinda miss my Eurojank games.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in!

I love some AA games. I hope the RPG mechanics are not too convoluted (inventory stuff particularly)

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so yearning for a game like this to play right now and the atmosphere/tone here really connects with me as well...art direction looks great too. With Borderlands 3, Gears 5, and a Destiny expansion my gaming time in September is going to be under siege to say the least.

That said, GreedFall and Remnant: From the Ashes (August 20 release date) are two games I'm increasingly looking forward to by the day.

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely looking forward to it. Everything except the combat continues to look fantastic (combat continues to look like jank, but I guess that's to be expected by now).

You wouldn't think it would be THAT hard to add in a casual setting for those of us who just want to cruise through the story like it's Fable or Skyrim. But here we are.
They made the easy difficulty in Technomancer pretty forgiving in a patch.

But most of the difficulty in the game comes from the jank. It's like they went directly from prototyping the combat to releasing the game, without any iteration or polish (makes sense for a team of 20 people). It's sad, because a few more patches could have smoothed things out greatly with some balance adjustments, bug fixes, and QoL features, but they only ever did the one.

Once you learn how to deal with the jank, the game's not actually that hard. If you can play something like Dragon Age or Witcher, you can play Technomancer. The story, setting, characters, and music are honestly really good for a game of that scope (well worth putting up with the gameplay IMO).

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
This, Monster Hunter Iceborne and Trails of Cold Steel 3 is going to leave me broke in September....

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of that info has increased my hype by a lot.

This and Borderlands is going to make September a really fun month.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Looking forward to this. Spiders don't make the most polished games, but they always make something interesting

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Got super fable 2 vibes from this. looking forward to this. i really enjoyed Bound By Flame early in the gen as a cool AA jank rpg. This looks like a more polished version of that.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
They have a webseries introducing the lore and mechanics of the game.

Previously, they've released the first one focused on world building.

A few days ago, they also released the episode. This time, it's about RPG mechanics.