• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wednesbury

Apr 10, 2018
Could just be English being her 2nd language combined with a combination of feeling proud but sad she's finished working on the game. Might be leaving game dev after it.

Ya maybe. Even if she meant "latest" instead of "last", the "pain and grief" is unfortunate, specially since the game is being well received.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I think I had a visual bug? At the start when the mother hands me the family heirloom, her hand is completely empty, and then my character takes it and her hand is also completely empty, but obviously open/contorted in such a way that an object is supposed to be there.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I lol at how annoying the homing charging attacks are. If the starting dodge was better or hit boxes weren't as big they'd be a non issue but God damn. I wish the game had incentives to block at the last second or dodge right before the hit. Does it fill up the special attack faster?

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I think I had a visual bug? At the start when the mother hands me the family heirloom, her hand is completely empty, and then my character takes it and her hand is also completely empty, but obviously open/contorted in such a way that an object is supposed to be there.

Looked like a big medallion without a chain for me. Made of blackened silver or polished iron, with some kind of engraving on it. Maybe the family Seal

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
What are the issues on Xbox? I did a few google searches but only see comments about how the game will support HDR and 4k on Pro and X.

On the X people are experiencing that the game won't boot and turns the xbox off. Workaround is boot with 4k turned off, load save and then when in game recheck 4k and its fine.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Still playing, still loving it. I do have a question:

Other than equipment, do you have ANY control over companions? I don't see an option to control them in battle, or skill trees for them etc?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100%. I live next to france an we all latin language speakers have just one word for last/latest, so I interpreted her last as latest.

But it's the hurt, pain and grief that bothers me. Maybe a french speaker can shwd some light into that.

Optimistically I'm hoping it's just odd phrasing.

Still playing, still loving it. I do have a question:

Other than equipment, do you have ANY control over companions? I don't see an option to control them in battle, or skill trees for them etc?
Nope just let then do their thing

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
On the X people are experiencing that the game won't boot and turns the xbox off. Workaround is boot with 4k turned off, load save and then when in game recheck 4k and its fine.

There have been a few games that had that problem. I remember reading online that Gears 5 was doing the same thing to some people. Seems like a rare random glitch for the system.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Optimistically I'm hoping it's just odd phrasing.
Her English is pretty awkward.

She's saying that she's sad to let the world go (because they're done, and they don't do DLC or anything—they're already moving on to their next game). So unless they ever come back for a sequel, her time with her creation is over.

She was the CEO. Now she just gets to be purely creative as a project director/lead writer. She's not going anywhere AFAIK.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Everything outside of combat is very solid, and I think combat (magic) will improve. I unlocked the double dodge move, so that should help create distance.
Companions drop quick on hard, and guns can rock my face. I'll have to use a respec item and see how melee plays, not using all your mana constantly, then just reload.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
You know a game is good when you go back to work and are still thinking about it, or what you're going to do next ;)
Really enjoying the game. The initial area alone kept me busy for a while. Still haven't left Serene's port.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Everything outside of combat is very solid, and I think combat (magic) will improve. I unlocked the double dodge move, so that should help create distance.
Companions drop quick on hard, and guns can rock my face. I'll have to use a respec item and see how melee plays, not using all your mana constantly, then just reload.

Idd, you have to kill the gunners fast. Stasi helps by either freezing him and killing the other guys or the other way around

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
I had a little shagging with Vasco already, it was pretty cute but it definitely feels like romances aren't a big part of the game because of how quickly I was able to clear the personal quest and romance arc (granted there isn't more to Vasco that I haven't experienced yet).

Also, do note that there are no real indicators to what a romantic dialogue choice is when talking to your companions. If the other companions are anything like Vasco, if you rack up enough approval/friendship, eventually they'll hit on you and ask to share a night with you. Though in all fairness some of the dialogue choices that rack up their approval with you are pretty clearly romantic, and there are other dialogue choices that aren't very romantic in tone that net no approval. So if you are not looking to break anyone's heart, don't try to always net approval with your dialogue choices.

Maybe there is a hidden system regarding the romances I don't know about though, and every companion is unique. But this is my experience with Vasco.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Do you get more than 1 reset crystal in the game? Want to reroll to focus more on melee/ranged instead of magic.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are people spending so long in the prologue area, below are the quests I found there and completed. Did I miss a lot? I did not see any others

Charlatan
Cabin Boy
Getting the Coin Guards weapons through
Main quest

I may have done some others I'm forgetting but I think they were all part of those chains

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
How are people spending so long in the prologue area, below are the quests I found there and completed. Did I miss a lot? I did not see any others

Charlatan
Cabin Boy
Getting the Coin Guards weapons through
Main quest

I may have done some others I'm forgetting but I think they were all part of those chains

Heretics?

It's actually my last quest, heading there now

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Sooo, the stars seem to be aligning this week:
  1. Game pre-ordered and ready on Steam
  2. New laptop arriving today
  3. New monitor arrived yesterday
  4. New keyboard and mouse ready and waiting
  5. New desk on its way
  6. I am feeling sick, *gasp*, must takes several days off
  7. Did I just jinx everything with this list?
What could go wrong brother!

Liking the impressions as well.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a black coin. Can't really make out much on it.

Oct 27, 2017
This feels kind of embarrassing but I can't for the life of me figure out how to assign hot-keys or change weapons with M/KB as I don't see it in the key bindings and I've pressed every key to no avail. I see the option (change weapons) when using a controller.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Couple of tips I discovered after a few hours. Just got to the main island.

If the camera feels "floaty" on PC, turn down sensitivity 2-3 notches.

Take your first skill in lockpicking since there are some chests that require it and i don't believe you go back to the starting town. Nothing major in those chests, but I hate leaving them behind. Alternatively your first companion has a chest with +1 lockpicking on it that you can equip when needed.

You can craft abilities like lockpicking, crafting, science onto gear if you get lucky with drops (ruby, obsidian, etc). Though you still have to select those abilities in order to progress into that tree.

You can pause in combat which pulls up a sub menu to choose actions. I haven't used it much, but it's implemented well.

The first town has lots of fire and ash floating so you may miss the sparkling chests that contain loot as I did initially. They look similar to fire sparkles.

Just found a combat arena in the Coin Guard barracks in the new island. Appears to be a gauntlet of foes for some easy XP. Found it just by exploring the area (you get sent there for a quest).

There is some fast travel and a campfire option to organize your party of 2 others with a shared stash similar to Dragon Age.

Block.Block.Block. That seems to be the key to combat. On PC the right mouse is a quick block depending on what weapon you have. It appears to mitigate all damage and cost no resources to use. The only factor is timing since you can't hold a block, so you just have to time it which is not that hard or twitchy. So far it appears you can block ALL attacks. Haven't fully tested for AOE damage yet.

If you run into doors you don't have to press the door open button.

All these tips have been great so far. Thanks, man!

Also, this game is 100% JAF, but I love it.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
This feels kind of embarrassing but I can't for the life of me figure out how to assign hot-keys or change weapons with M/KB as I don't see it in the key bindings and I've pressed every key to no avail. I see the option (change weapons) when using a controller.

Middle mouse button then the number key while in the pause menu, and V to swap weapons.

Oct 27, 2017
Middle mouse button then the number key while in the pause menu, and V to swap weapons.
Thanks, I had just noticed the V key changes your melee weapons. Is that really how ranged weapons work though, in that you just hot-key it and it just fires automatically (no aiming involved?)

Was there a tutorial I skipped/missed that explained how to hot-key ranged weapons and items?

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I had just noticed the V key changes your melee weapons. Is that really how ranged weapons work though, in that you just hot-key it and it just fires automatically (no aiming involved?)

Was there a tutorial I skipped/missed that explained how to hot-key ranged weapons and items?

Have no idea how guns work. I'm using magic, then switching to a weak mace to smack things with I'm out of mana.

Tutorial didn't seem very helpful. Had to go into keybinds myself and see what things did. Putting dodge on space rather than pause seems better for me.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still only in the opening section of the game, doing all the side quests before departure. But I am really liking this game. The "balance" system, and the ability to chain stun/knock people over is fun. And it is a really specific system that I feel like you would rarely see in a AAA game. Stunlocking an enemy against a wall while they fall on their ass repeatedly looks clunky and awkward as hell, so despite being good gameplay I think most AAA games would avoid it.

I was also very pleasantly surprised by how the whole port area is one map. All the doors and buildings are interconnected, you seamlessly open and keep going. In many other games, even ones with significantly higher budgets, there would be a quick loading screen to enter a nobles house, and then another quick loading screen when you leave the house.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Had to work this morning so the 40 mins or so I played last was just enough to take the three paths through the combat tutorials and futz around with character creation. Definitely going Magic when I start for real tonight.

I do wish the creator was more in-depth, but there are 2-3 female faces I like so it'll get the job done.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The game has that lovely air of jank around it - subtitle spelling errors, strange animations & transitions, quite bad lip sync, etc...

But god damn am I enjoying myself - made it to the island and did a couple of quests and I just want to see where this all goes. After initially being turned off by the character designs they are growing on me every moment.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow

There should be a tactics button. I play with controller, but for me it's l1. THere you can map potions/spells/traps and flasks and your fire arm. It just auto shoots at whoever you are locked onto.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Playing all day lol.

So I did not take lockpicking at character creation but honestly I would recommend not at this point. There is armor early game that gives +1 to it and after opening a few, they are just normal loot like everything else.

I am however having a hard time with stats and talents as a mage. You need both magey stats abs I've picked the one that gives you more mana but the other stat is waft governs wearing better rings which are my main weapon so I'm using the starter ring 8 hours in lol.

And talents. Man
Most sound useful and you get few points so I have 1 science and 1 intuition. No idea where I should put points!!

I've run into more small things like misspelled words, an npc having their eyes closed a whole cutscene during a quest, some weird blur on the whole screen that fixed after loading out and back in. Nothing crazy, no crashes yet on PC.

Greedfall continues to be gorgeous, with layered sidequests that are substantial, things to loot all over, and a seemingly large world.

Still highly recommended!

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Has anyone managed to find a new ring so far? I'm 13 hours in and still using the starter ring, which just isn't good anymore.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone managed to find a new ring so far? I'm 13 hours in and still using the starter ring, which just isn't good anymore.

The traveling merchant when going to a new area had rings with nearly double the attack power (+66) for...350 or 360 gold/coins. One of the shops in the first real town had a couple cheaper ones, too.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized this game is structured a lot like Summoner from the launch ps2 days. You had large hub areas with camps and fights in between each one. Only in this case i guess they are loading the next area in the background or something?