• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely very much in the market for a bioware style game, so I'll be playing close attention to impressions for this game.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

From out of nowhere.
Something about this GIF got me more excited for this game than any of the other gameplay I've seen

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
To those playing, how have the dialogue options/quest choices been? Black and white "be a saint vs a jerk", or more gray and subtle, more personality-defining a la Planescape Torment (ie being able to lie, or choose the tone of a response)

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Really liking the game so far after 7 hours on a base PS4. Looks and runs quite well. Can't decide for a build, though. Reminds me of KOTOR and Risen (1), it's great.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it reviews well, looks like Spiders put a lot of work on this title, hopefully it gets rewarded.

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome OT! However, the top image is making me queasy and triggers mild motion sickness symptoms I've never had until now. That's...interesting.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
To those playing, how have the dialogue options/quest choices been? Black and white "be a saint vs a jerk", or more gray and subtle, more personality-defining a la Planescape Torment (ie being able to lie, or choose the tone of a response)

I'm only 7 hours in, but the quest choices I've had so far have been good. It's not comparable to a good vs bad system, it's a little more grey. But the dialogue choices themselves aren't that varied. It's mostly charisma skill check vs bribe vs errand.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it reviews well, looks like Spiders put a lot of work on this title, hopefully it gets rewarded.

I think it'll review pretty well, but will docked some points for Eurojank.

Although everything they've shown so far has looked much more polished than I typically expect from Spiders, so maybe this will be the their breakout hit.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lovely OT! About eight and a half hours until the game unlocks in my area, can't wait to tinker with the character creator.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tbh it doesnt look any jankier than a bioware game for example.
Bioware jank has been hurting them a lot more than usual lately (insert Andromeda memes here). If anything, I'd say Bethesda games are the ones that get the biggest pass for their nearly non-stop "it's not a glitch, it's a feature!" jankiness.

If the game is solid at launch, I'll be thrilled. Given the size and history of the studio, them releasing a game with QA quality even comparable to modern Bioware or Bethesda would be very impressive.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
The game really isn't janky at all. It's quite polished and combat feels good after you get the shadow dodge/roll talents.

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
I've been playing this since Saturday. Really enjoyable once when adjusts - it has a fairly slow pace, fairly dull combat (as a magic user), lots of walking / running and talking, a buffer zone in place for fast travel which eliminates long loading screens (game is not true open world). On the plus side, lots of scope for customisation and knowledge that you will never become a Jack of all trades, different ways to achieve success in quests (which are reasonably heavily signposted), very interesting setting and context, good British voice acting distinguishing the groups by accents (can't quite place the native one - is it Southern African?) music by THAT man. Lots to like and feels like a real step up from earlier work.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Had this on the X since Saturday and it's not janky at all. Reminds me a little of Vampyr graphically in places, with a little bit of Witcher thrown in.

Known issue on the X (for some) game crashes when booting or in main menu when 4k is ticked in your xbox settings. Turning it off to load game and your save stops the problem, then when in game put 4k back on. Devs are aware and are looking into the issue.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Any word on console performance from early copies? specifically PS4 base

Mighty tempted, but upcoming guess reviews might have some indication on how well it runs

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
I saw some screen tearing on the Xbox X so would imagine that's present on base consoles.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Too many damn games are coming out in September. I was told this was a slow release year.

This looks great, might be a month or two before I dive in though.

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
At the risk of upsetting French forum members, this shares the same look I have come to identify with other recent French games - Vampyr, The Council, A Plague Tale come to mind immediately (all of which I really enjoyed). There is something about the aesthetic, and I guess sharing a common musical genius also helps. Nothing as exaggerated as The Council and with voice acting 1000% better than that, but all the same there is something which ties them together (maybe it's only an effort to root the game in a particular historical milieu and to have realistic rather than "shiny" characters).

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
At the risk of upsetting French forum members, this shares the same look I have come to identify with other recent French games - Vampyr, The Council, A Plague Tale come to mind immediately (all of which I really enjoyed). There is something about the aesthetic, and I guess sharing a common musical genius also helps. Nothing as exaggerated as The Council and with voice acting 1000% better than that, but all the same there is something which ties them together (maybe it's only an effort to root the game in a particular historical milieu and to have realistic rather than "shiny" characters).

All of these games were produced by the same publisher (also French), so I'm not at all surprised by that. Focus Home knows what they like, and clearly they are finding an audience- both Vampyr and Plague Tale were cited to be commercial successes, and both Dontnod and Asobo already have new, as of yet unrevealed, projects with Focus.

I feel it's cool that we're getting another type of aesthetic. Most Eastern European games have common features; Japanese games obviously share one; why not French?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How's the story? Is the protagonist a blank-slate empty shell character or do they actually have a real personality?