• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I'm loving how excited I've become for this game in the matter of weeks. Went from not even knowing it existing to it becoming one of my most anticipated games almost overnight.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Bioware killer.... hurray. Looks awesome getting this day one. The initial PS4Pro thread here got me even .more hyped
I cant believe AA is now producing more hyped games than AAA (at least for me)

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Looks really good! I'm going to pre-order. I'm off work next week as well so will have some time to get stuck in. Fair play for Spiders for really trying to raise their game. I really hope it puts BioWare to shame.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it me or does the lypsync improved compared to earlier stuff?

Yeah, the lip syncing looks majorly improved compared to previous trailers. Good stuff!

The chromatic aberration, on the other hand ... 🤢

Also, I'm almost certain the soldier at 1:13 has the same voice actor as Caleb Menge in The Witcher 3. Really distinctive voice.

Last edited:

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still going to wait for reviews and a digital foundry but this looks like an easy buy from me. Great to see some new games killing it :)

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Great trailer.. and I'm sure that the voice at 1:10 I heard somewhere before.. probably in a Witcher game? Maybe the voice of Dijkstra?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting trailer but bad release date. I will add it to the list of games to pick up down the road.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
He didnt make a statement, He just asked a question. There is a difference

The difference is that some people have this weird expectation that every game under the sun is going to be just given to them and that's all the value they bring to these discussion threads. Instead of generating hype it just sours them with give me free stuff! It just goes against the grain, for me in any case.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Man I cannot wait for this I'm skipping Borderlands 3 because of this! Done with looter shooters BRING ON THE MASSIVE SINGLE PLAYER.

Also please fix the cape frame rate.

Can't believe I'm buying a fucking Spiders game.

Fix your combat engine next Piranha Bytes!

I know right?

Launch day 00:01 Paris time (which is also the launch time, for those of you curious)

This is Focus standard, by the way. I believe codes are being sent out at the moment, so a few folks have it in hand and absolutely won't be posting any thoughts or impressions before then, am I right folks? ;D

Did you guys fix the cape frame rate? Also why no Collector's? Or even a T-Shirt been massively following this game... :(

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Did you guys fix the cape frame rate? Also why no Collector's? Or even a T-Shirt been massively following this game... :(
Looking into it on the cape.

Collector's and other merch is just a heavy committment we didn't make this time. I don't know the specific decision process on this myself - but if you want to give us more money, buy a copy for a friend too? :D

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Launch day 00:01 Paris time (which is also the launch time, for those of you curious)

This is Focus standard, by the way. I believe codes are being sent out at the moment, so a few folks have it in hand and absolutely won't be posting any thoughts or impressions before then, am I right folks? ;D

So it unlocks globally at 00:01 Paris time? Sweet, that's like 6pm EST on the 9th here.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
So it unlocks globally at 00:01 Paris time? Sweet, that's like 6pm EST on the 9th here.
Depends on platform. Our lovely community guys just passed me this and said I could post it early (will be going out on our channels, alongside some more specific info, later today):

svwDRo6.jpg

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
Now the question is if I should try to play nice with all factions so maybe there's a good ending or shall I go full crazy bastard for more fun...

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Wow, a launch schedule that's actually accommodating to us folks from the eastern side of the world.

We can finally play a game at the intended launch date, not the next day.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Looking into it on the cape.

Collector's and other merch is just a heavy committment we didn't make this time. I don't know the specific decision process on this myself - but if you want to give us more money, buy a copy for a friend too? :D

Thanks!

Are you able to comment on Pro and X enhancements please?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Great stuff! Looking forward to getting my copy.

Thanks!

Are you able to comment on Pro and X enhancements please?

ChaosSmurf mentioned in the gameplay thread :

Could set my watch by this question. Yes, and here's the details from our official PR on the subject:

"HDR and 4K support will be available for GreedFall on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. HDR-only will also be available as an option on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S."

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if it's the same guy in Greedfall, but Richard Hawley was the English VA for both Dijkstra and Menge.

Oh, no kidding? I always thought they sounded quite similar, but didn't think they were voiced by the same actor.

It sounds like Alastair Parker who was Blackwall from Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I haven't played DAI, but I looked up some videos of Blackwall, and you're right, they sound quite alike.

I hope this character in GreedFall, whoever is his actual actor, makes multiple appearances. Love his voice.