• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You were indeed misrepreseting things, because as many people have said already, the OT is also full of negative opinions, so I didn't suggest that people check it "because it agrees with me", like you say, but because it would be more fair than an obnoxious poster rolling eyes and calling the game/story garbage and lame as fuck, which is certainly isn't.

The game has it's problems, but there's no need to arbitrarily shit on it. Agaiin, check the OT

So yes, you did mis-represent what I said, mate
That's the thing though, isn't it? He thinks the story IS garbage and the game absolutely has issues with presentation and repetition. You can use the defense that it's an AA game and made by a small studio, but that doesn't suddenly mean that the game is going to resonate with everyone, as it clearly didn't for him. The story is a missed opportunity and doesn't take anywhere near full advantage of what a game about being in the shoes of a colonist should have done.

Again, the poster's opinion isn't somehow lesser just because you were upset that he said the story is lame

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
DA:Inquisition is the game you know that BioWare had lost it. Braindead and littering the world map with trash side quests.

rehjul

Dec 27, 2018
Oh Lord...*rolls eyes*

The game is not that good guys. The story is garbage and the best thing about the game is its side quests. The main story is weak af. When did we start praising story heavy RPGs for weak storylines? That's like... The whole point?

Oh, and your party members? You know the people who are supposed to have ambitions and motivations of their own? They really just add "go here and do this for me" quests to your game. It doesn't actually have a true effect on the main campaign. There is no reason to replay the game with different companions (unless you want to hear their little banter relevant to an area or person of interest.

I realize people are thirsty for a bioRPG, but this ain't it, chief.

The game makes pretty screenshots tho. Just as long as you don't zoom in on character models....
So much this.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I still enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition which was the last RPG made by a real Bioware team.
More real than Anthem?
Dunno if all the blame can be thrown on EA here either. Bioware games get a massive budget and are still hot messes.
A game like MEA only got 40 mil. Yes, it sounds like a lot but comparatively it's in the lower end. It's nothing compared to the budget of Witcher 3 for example, which is one of the reasons BioWare have been scoping down on cinematic cues while trying to make it seem bigger by increasing the total amount of spoken dialogue.

Think about it: You have Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect Andromeda: 1:1 the same budget, only Andromeda asked for bigger teams, bigger scope of production, open world and all the same things Mass Effect 3 was doing. It's almost no wonder why it failed.

I definitely think they drastically need to make a more intimate game, soon, that doesn't blow their budget while spreading itself too thin. It's just not working for them.

Well, there's of course Anthem too. That game was actually smaller in scope with a much higher budget, which shows in its marketing and also some truly slick suit-up animations... but yeah, somehow they still screwed up. I know BioWare tends to exploit their chance of iterating through builds a lot. They may need to plan ahead more, since agile development planning only seems to have made their games worse, especially in regards to narrative.

Last edited:

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Oh Lord...*rolls eyes*

The game is not that good guys. The story is garbage and the best thing about the game is its side quests. The main story is weak af.
So... it's exactly like a Bioware game?

Pretty sure Mass Effect 2 and DA Origins are popular for the side quests and character arcs, rather than the practically non-existent main stories.
A game like MEA only got 40 mil. Yes, it sounds like a lot but comparatively it's in the lower end. It's nothing compared to the budget of Witcher 3 for example, which is one of the reasons BioWare have been scoping down on cinematic cues while trying to make it seem bigger by increasing the total amount of spoken dialogue.

Think about it: You have Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect Andromeda: 1:1 the same budget, only Andromeda asked for bigger teams, bigger scope of production, open world and all the same things Mass Effect 3 was doing. It's almost no wonder why it failed.

I definitely think they drastically need to make a more intimate game, soon, that doesn't blow their budget while spreading itself too thin. It's just not working for them.

Well, there's of course Anthem too. That game was actually smaller in scope with a much higher budget, which shows in its marketing and also some truly slick suit-up animations... but yeah, somehow they still screwed up.
Yep. And it shouldn't be so surprising that their budgets are relatively low for the AAA space. Bioware has a big reputation on sites like this, but they have never delivered anything remotely close to a 10 million seller. They were aiming for that figure with Mass 3, but still failed to get there. They always have their sights set on creating an IP as big as The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Assassin's Creed etc, but they're genuinely nowhere near EA's top earners. Anthem was yet another attempt to finally hit that industry-defining IP they've always aimed for, but failed spectacularly.

I don't think a bigger budget will fix things though. Their team just doesn't have the talent, especially team leads. They are infamous at putting on a master-class of atrocious UI design with every game they release for example. Budgets aren't needed to fix that.

Last edited:

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
EA's gotta drop BIoware and acquire Spiders. ( Please don't actually do this EA. )
Joking aside, you're really asking for the same thing that happened to BioWare here. The only reason we make this thread is because there's people who remember BioWare for how great they were at some point. It's pretty obvious to me, Kotaku exposés aside, that BioWare was a company that was undone in the changes that followed with their EA aquisition and how EA's structure mucks up BioWare's traditional approach, which now no longer works, and under EA management BioWare's management style has become toxic due to a lack of understanding between what motivates the two bodies, publisher and developer.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah greedfall has been great so far. They really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Meanwhile bioware over there racking their brains trying to figure out how to scram microtransactions into the next dragon age lol

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I'm still playing Inquistion and I seriously think it was supposed to be a multiplayer title/MMO lite that had that aspect dropped. Bosses like the lyrium thing at the end of the Deep Roads really feel like they were designed for human players rather than AI along with all the other boring grindy stuff.
These are simply two clashing design approaches. Descent DLC was developed primarily by the SWTOR team, that's why all its design feels like something that belongs in a game like SWTOR and not a single player game.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Pretty sure Mass Effect 2 and DA Origins are popular for the side quests and character arcs, rather than the practically non-existent main stories.
Lol. Touché.

I mean, Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but that's because of the side quests. The main story is really shallow. You could almost remove the game's story entirely from the trilogy and jump from ME1 to ME3 and miss very little.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
That's the thing though, isn't it? He thinks the story IS garbage and the game absolutely has issues with presentation and repetition. You can use the defense that it's an AA game and made by a small studio, but that doesn't suddenly mean that the game is going to resonate with everyone, as it clearly didn't for him. The story is a missed opportunity and doesn't take anywhere near full advantage of what a game about being in the shoes of a colonist should have done.

Again, the poster's opinion isn't somehow lesser just because you were upset that he said the story is lame

Again, you're deflecting...you said you did not miss-represent what I said and you did, twice. I will copypaste your "funny" retort so you can read it again:

"Ignore this poster because he doesn't agree with me, so instead listen to these people because they do agree!"

1- I didn't say ignore this poster because she doesn't agree with me, but because I didn't find her opinions fair in the least, with adjectives like "Garbage" and "Lame as fuck", and I found her delivery very obnoxious ( "*rolling eyes*", etc...). There's plenty of negative reviews, both here and in the OT, to which I didn't respond "just because they don't agree with me", like you said I did

2- I didn't say read the OT because "they do agree!". On the contrary, theres a lot of negative opinions, but at least they are well argued. What's more important, there's lots of them, both good and bad. That's why I told people to check the OT...not because they agree with me, like you said I did.

Maybe some other time you'll think twice about quoting other posters to misrepresent what they have to say

Last edited:

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think a good RPG being released means a different developer of RPGs has been made a fool of, but that's just me I guess.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think a good RPG being released means a different developer of RPGs has been made a fool of, but that's just me I guess.

Agree. I actually did like DA: Inquisition.

I'd say to people, If you're a fan of WRPG, check both out.

PS: I skipped Mass Effect:Andromeda and Anthem, so I can't comment on those 2...

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I would say that Greedfall's plot issues extend to the side quests. The characters and the setting are great but storytelling just isn't the game's strong suit, be it during main or side quests. Though, to be fair, there are a few good ones in there.

I think one of the game's problems is that it actually has a lot of interesting twists and turns that few players are ever going to see because they require you to play the game "badly". Many of the choices don't really feel grey enough. It's usually quite obvious what choice will land you the better result and what choice is meant to be the "good" one. You don't often have to compromise or make tough calls, there aren't many damned if you do, damned if you don't type of situations and so many interesting scenes that actually add tension to the story and character dynamics are kinda wasted as they're locked behind options that many people would never ever pick.

It also feels like there's not enough interaction between your companions. They will sometimes talk to each other during gameplay but there's not much happening between them as part of the main story. (I'm guessing that this has to do with the fact that characters can actually leave your party or die so they couldn't be sure which ones would still be present in any given playthrough but still.)

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Yep. And it shouldn't be so surprising that their budgets are relatively low for the AAA space. Bioware has a big reputation on sites like this, but they have never delivered anything remotely close to a 10 million seller. They were aiming for that figure with Mass 3, but still failed to get there. They always have their sights set on creating an IP as big as The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Assassin's Creed etc, but they're genuinely nowhere near EA's top earners. Anthem was yet another attempt to finally hit that industry-defining IP they've always aimed for, but failed spectacularly.

I don't think a bigger budget will fix things though. Their team just doesn't have the talent, especially team leads. They are infamous at putting on a master-class of atrocious UI design with every game they release for example. Budgets aren't needed to fix that.
DA:O had a good mix. some of the main quests were pretty good, imho. But then again, i rolled a dual-wileding Cunning Rogue, so I actually didn't mind the Fade, because i just backstabbed everything, while many people said it was the worst part of the game.

GreedFall is basically doubling down on the Witcher approach of "every sidequest must have a story and not have any meaning less fetch quests" (There are some "contracts" but they are clearly set in a different category)

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played any Bioware RPGs except Mass Effect 2/3 (which I was only interested in for the laughs as a pure Renegade), but I rather enjoyed GreedFall. Sure, it has its issues - poor enemy variety, reused assets, and others - that stem in part from a small development team working with a small budget, but the overall experience is still very worthwhile. It's a gorgeous game at the very least.

For those that have played both GreedFall and Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'm curious how the combat compares. As I understand it, in DA you have some control over your party members in combat, or you might be able to issue them commands from the pause menu, something like that? In GF, I found that your companions die pretty quickly without you being able to do much about it, especially on higher difficulties.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I would say that Greedfall's plot issues extend to the side quests. The characters and the setting are great but storytelling just isn't the game's strong suit, be it during main or side quests. Though, to be fair, there are a few good ones in there.

I think one of the game's problems is that it actually has a lot of interesting twists and turns that few players are ever going to see because they require you to play the game "badly". Many of the choices don't really feel grey enough. It's usually quite obvious what choice will land you the better result and what choice is meant to be the "good" one. You don't often have to compromise or make tough calls, there aren't many damned if you do, damned if you don't type of situations and so many interesting scenes that actually add tension to the story and character dynamics are kinda wasted as they're locked behind options that many people would never ever pick.

It also feels like there's not enough interaction between your companions. They will sometimes talk to each other during gameplay but there's not much happening between them as part of the main story. (I'm guessing that this has to do with the fact that characters can actually leave your party or die so they couldn't be sure which ones would still be present in any given playthrough but still.)

I agree with some of that, and I'd wish more of the choices would have been Grey vs Grey instead of Black vs White. But even with those choices being so, the game has been heavily critized,(even in this very small thread) for giving you the option to play as a colonialist.

I wish they would've pushed the limits more, but I can understand why they were afraid to do so.

Oct 29, 2017
Loved the all the Dragon Ages. Loved Elex and the Risen games. Greedfall is a terribly dry and boring game. I walked away from it. The first few hours have promise, but once I had to actually run around that island.... oh boy. There was just nothing I was enjoying.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
More real than Anthem?

Well, there's of course Anthem too. That game was actually smaller in scope with a much higher budget, which shows in its marketing and also some truly slick suit-up animations... but yeah, somehow they still screwed up. I know BioWare tends to exploit their chance of iterating through builds a lot. They may need to plan ahead more, since agile development planning only seems to have made their games worse, especially in regards to narrative.

What's the source for that budget? I remember seen this number being thrown around but it was just a guess or misinterpretation of an article.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with some of that, and I'd wish more of the choices would have been Grey vs Grey instead of Black vs White. But even with those choices being so, the game has been heavily critized,(even in this very small thread) for giving you the option to play as a colonialist.

I wish they would've pushed the limits more, but I can understand why they were afraid to do so.
That's like being upset at the Mass Effect games for giving you Renegade options. If people are too dense and narrow-minded to understand the concept of role-playing games, maybe they shouldn't be playing or talking about them. (But yeah, I do see your point. That's not how the internet works, unfortunately.)

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Dragon Age: Inquisition is a significantly better game than Greedfall, though I still think Greedfall is good to play and has some good moments. It's more on the Andromeda level, though, with a slightly better story and severely worse combat.

To say Greedfall has made a fool out of BioWare makes little sense to me. In fact it is much worse in precisely the area that BioWare is known for, which is the party of characters. No one in the party talks to each other, and they barely talk to you. Outside of their questline, they rarely have personality traits of note (whenever Aphra says something, you can be assured it's about her identity as a scientist and nothing else). Thus far Kurt has been the only standout.

Greedfall is a cute little game, but it's BioWare lite. It's on Dragon Age 2's level. Which - for me at least - means while still good, is clearly a step below.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
For those that have played both GreedFall and Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'm curious how the combat compares. As I understand it, in DA you have some control over your party members in combat, or you might be able to issue them commands from the pause menu, something like that? In GF, I found that your companions die pretty quickly without you being able to do much about it, especially on higher difficulties.

Dragon Age Inquisition has full control over all party members.

Oct 26, 2017

Everything is wrong in this post.

MEA budget was $100 million, 100 BioMo devs worked on the game for 4 years.

And yes, Andromeda costed more than The Witcher 3.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
What's the source for that budget? I remember seen this number being thrown around but it was just a guess or misinterpretation of an article.
Aaryn Flynn, their former GM was on the Edmonton Journal about developing the game prior to its launch. There he said 100 million which I assume is with its marketing budget.
Edmonton Journal link
I guess the "40 million" came from some EA spreadsheet that I haven't seen, but it's widely known enough that I take it for granted.

I was also having a twitter convo with David Gaider of DA about budget and Witcher 3, and I can't remember what it was, but he basically said Witcher 3 was more expensive to make, but that could also be denial on his part, having made DA:I.

That's like being upset at the Mass Effect games for giving you Renegade options. If people are too dense and narrow-minded to understand the concept of role-playing games, maybe they shouldn't be playing or talking about them.
If that's the mentality, then gaming dies. If people can't handle the option of something more advanced than what they can understand, then there's no satisfying anyone, ever. I did see a lot of complaints about Renegade being "too nonsensical!" or "too cruel!" and I didn't care for it. They're the perfect choices when you don't feel invested in the occasionally trashy writing they did.
Andromeda did not fix anything really. It relegated everything to "tone" and made all choices the same, except for the rare binary "agree/disagree" choices. It really was death of proper roleplaying IMO.

Oct 26, 2017
Aaryn Flynn, their former GM was on the Edmonton Journal about developing the game prior to its launch. There he said 100 million which I assume is with its marketing budget.
Edmonton Journal link
I guess the "40 million" came from some EA spreadsheet that I haven't seen, but it's widely known enough that I take it for granted.

I was also having a twitter convo with David Gaider of DA about budget and Witcher 3, and I can't remember what it was, but he basically said Witcher 3 was more expensive to make, but that could also be denial on his part, having made DA:I.

David Gaider is wrong.

The Witcher 3 costed $35 million to make, and reached $70- 81 million thanks to marketing.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
David Gaider is wrong.

The Witcher 3 costed $35 million to make, and reached $70- 81 million thanks to marketing.
I think he didn't outright say that it was less expensive than Witcher 3, but he just said that Witcher 3 probably had the means to cut around its constraints, and one particular thing I remember was that he said, since I complained about all the uncinematic dialogues in ME3 and DAI, that "it entirely depends on how many cinematic designers are available", which is completely in-house (but across 3 studios), so yeah. BioWare started slacking or enough talented people simply left for the remainder to be woefully inefficient at what they do.

An Ex ME1 developer I've spoken to said he's happy he took part in establishing "Digital Acting" in RPG dialogues but also that he also sometimes regrets it since it's just a bitch to sustain over several releases.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
Edmonton Journal link

Gratitude.

What a waste of money...

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I haven't played any Bioware RPGs except Mass Effect 2/3 (which I was only interested in for the laughs as a pure Renegade), but I rather enjoyed GreedFall. Sure, it has its issues - poor enemy variety, reused assets, and others - that stem in part from a small development team working with a small budget, but the overall experience is still very worthwhile. It's a gorgeous game at the very least.

The combat in Greedfall is significantly worse than Dragon Age: Inquisition. Other than some problematic AOE situations in dragon fights, your party is actually pretty formidable. The tanks (of which there are none in Greedfall because instead of useful roles your party just functions as "distract enemies until you kill the ones you're fighting then go to theirs aka Jade Empire) can become basically unkillable, and DPS is much better. You can actually build your party members' progression to create a specific party composition, instead of Greedfall where characters are all preset. And yes, you can switch to them if they have a useful skill you need in a specific situation, you can actually ground target AOE skills for precision, and the enemy variety is good enough that you actually have a use for a varied party composition so you can handle different kinds of threats.

The only possibly thing Greedfall might have over Dragon Age is that it has a dedicated dodge button, but then Greedfall is trying to be a light action game, whereas Dragon Age is still an RPG first and foremost and so you have to build for a dodge for your class.

GreedFall is better than Mass Effect 3.

Absolutely not. ME3 has far, far better combat honed over 3 titles, its characters and character development is through the roof compared to Greedfall, the music is better, the zones are more attractive. Greedfall has better quest structure, I suppose, but then ME3 isn't trying for Greedfall's "multiple paths to solution" method. It's more dedicated to its action-linear combat progression.

IXI FalcoN

Oct 27, 2017
Bioware made a fool out of Bioware a long time ago.

I need to play Greedfall soon, I keep hearing great impressions likening the game to the golden years of Bioware's output. I would love for some studios to put out some "KOTOR - ME2 era" Bioware-type stuff because there's definitely a market for this sort of RPG.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I definitely enjoyed it more than I was expecting to.

Favorite aspect of it is how it incorporates the party members into the various questlines. They always have something to say, are shifting or bypassing dialogue checks, expanding on the lore of the game.

Like did you know if you wait until you have Aphra before you do Kurt's first companion quest, she can handle the investigative part at the morgue on her own? I'm guessing very few people see that interaction because you can do the quest way before getting her, but that permutation was accounted for anyway.

Same with finishing Vasco's questline once De Sardet learns about their
parentage

Now it's not like there was an especially arduous skill-check there, but there's some really neat flavor and places where characters are involved when it makes sense. For instance, Aphra has medical training so of course she has thoughts there. Siora chimes in whenever magic in involved, etc.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
DA:O had a good mix. some of the main quests were pretty good, imho. But then again, i rolled a dual-wileding Cunning Rogue, so I actually didn't mind the Fade, because i just backstabbed everything, while many people said it was the worst part of the game.
The main quest was battling the Blight. It was padded out with bizarrely time-padding roadblock sidequests, such as the fade. Without these roadblocks the main story would be as simple as "Blight emerges at Ostagar, main character musters army to fight back, wins." Rather than writing a main story that progresses through multiple acts, with twists and turns, shifts in power, new heroes and villains revealed as events progress, the Bioware method is to create un-related side-quest roadblocks to pad out play time:
  • "You want the help of the Circle of Mages against the Blight? If only we Templars could help you out there, but coincidentally the tower has been overrun with blood mages and abominations, and despite this being exactly the situation we were trained to deal with, there's nothing our standing army can do. Perhaps you and just three other peeps can sort it out by yourselves though? We'll let you continue the main quest then."
  • "You want the help of Redcliffe against the Blight? If only we could help you out there, but coincidentally the town and castle are under siege by an undead army! Perhaps you and just three other peeps can sort it out by yourselves though? We'll let you continue the main quest then."
  • "You want the help of the Elves against the Blight? If only we could help you out there, but coincidentally our people are on the verge of local extinction from an ancient werewolf curse! Perhaps you and just three other peeps can sort it out by yourselves though? We'll let you continue the main quest then."
  • "You want the help of the Dwarves against the Blight? If only we could help you out there, but coincidentally our people are at each other's throats in civil war as we try to crown a new king. Perhaps you could choose one of the two kings and fight on their behalf in our arena? What's that you say - the two kings should fight each other? No, we won't even make that logical solution a dialogue option. You do it. Then you can delve into the deep roads in search of a long lost living god. And then delve deeper still in search of an even longer lost ancient relic. Then we'll let you continue the main quest."
It is mind blowing how this company has a reputation for good story-telling. Granted, KoTOR had an amazing plot twist, but other than that their main narrative arcs have either been atrociously bad or non-existent. They excel at short stories, but have always been bad at presenting a good overarching story with a sense of plot progression. DA2 was their best attempt at that, and it didn't go down so well...

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Bioware made a fool of bioware. The gap between them and larian in terms of recent quality is laughable.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The combat in Greedfall is significantly worse than Dragon Age: Inquisition. Other than some problematic AOE situations in dragon fights, your party is actually pretty formidable. The tanks (of which there are none in Greedfall because instead of useful roles your party just functions as "distract enemies until you kill the ones you're fighting then go to theirs aka Jade Empire) can become basically unkillable, and DPS is much better. You can actually build your party members' progression to create a specific party composition, instead of Greedfall where characters are all preset. And yes, you can switch to them if they have a useful skill you need in a specific situation, you can actually ground target AOE skills for precision, and the enemy variety is good enough that you actually have a use for a varied party composition so you can handle different kinds of threats.

The only possibly thing Greedfall might have over Dragon Age is that it has a dedicated dodge button, but then Greedfall is trying to be a light action game, whereas Dragon Age is still an RPG first and foremost and so you have to build for a dodge for your class.

Thanks, this was helpful.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Spiders desperately needs a bigger budget, the lack of enemy variety and ricycling of assets is absurdly noticeable in greedfall.

A good game overall indeed tho.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
That's like being upset at the Mass Effect games for giving you Renegade options. If people are too dense and narrow-minded to understand the concept of role-playing games, maybe they shouldn't be playing or talking about them. (But yeah, I do see your point. That's not how the internet works, unfortunately.)

Not only the internet unfortunately, as in random posters on a forum, , but also some of the big online pages had some articles attacking the game because of that. I won't name them, because it's probably attention they were seeking, but there were some threads on Era about them.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Hopefully their new owner (BigBen) is willing to give them a bigger budget.
With a big budget they can do great things.

And maybe a writer for the companion, overall i still find the crew from andromeda better in term of banther during the gameplay, not really a fan of the companions in greedfall tbh.

OP
OP
Pygrus

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's more apt to say that GreedFall is pretty much the final nail in the coffin. You have a studio known for putting out subpar content one upping a company known for making some of the best western RPGs out there.

I'm 5 hours in and I am still having a blast with this game. There some bad parts, but the overall package is just really good.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Is the story as good though?

Not at all, sadly. And when it comes to the gameplay itself.. I enjoyed it until the middle of it but then it's literally the same thing. It's not DA2 where the small levels repeat. No. It's everything. And the story dies down a lot, in my opinion. Was really hyped and ended up kind of disappointed.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
This isn't even up for debate. It's way past it.

Heck no.

Especially for people who also played 1 and 2. The emotional payoff itself for stuff like Tuchanka or Rannoch are worth the price of admission--plus stuff like Citadel--there is nothing like that in Greedfall, where every story and characters are all as flat as an anvil.

Not to mention the masterful multiplayer, that I still consider to this day one of the finest MP coop experience ever crafted.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019