• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's looking better and better, at least over their past games. I enjoyed Technomancer even if it did have some flaws, and I'm excited for this one.

Though, with Borderlands 3 releasing in September too, I'll probably wait on this one.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Store page is up on Steam, so it can be wish-listed (more wish-listing gives the game more visibility).

If you've got any questions about the game (X1X and PS4 Pro enhancements: still in development, will have HDR support and improved graphics), let me know.
Can you confirm Olivier Deriviere? (He retweeted one of the announcements, so I assume so, but I don't know if it's been outright said yet.)

The music in Technomancer was fantastic, not to mention his recent work on your other games.

I wonder how deftly they will handle the subject matter considering how not subtle it is about its story influences lol
A game that actually looks critically at colonialism and isn't just a white savior simulator is welcome, even if the execution doesn't always hit the mark. I'm really happy to see somebody tackle it and confirm that, yes, they are tackling it.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Big ol' third-person RPG. I believe there's some gameplay around, but you'll see some during E3 if not.

30+ hours would be our feeling on it - BIG variation depending on everything from which/how many sidequests you do, whether you're a full convo tree and voice acting person or you skip to the point, etcetera. Probably maxes out in the 60+ region if you're a real 100% person.

Good, looks extremely interesting.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
God bless Eurojank, despite their rough edges these sorts of games are so wildly ambitious for their resources that they are not only endearing but are actually interesting in an increasingly derivative RPG genre.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, we're running with him for this, super impressed with all the awesome work he's done on our games - we'll have a few bits about his soundtrack coming up, so if you're excited please look out for that.

Also will we see longer or shorter gameplay at E3? By longer I mean like 20-30 minutes.

Oct 27, 2017
I never knew that arachnids were capable of game development...will wonders never cease? I trust they will spin an interesting web of intrigue when it comes to the story. But seriously, I hope this game delivers the way A Plague Tale did.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we're running with him for this, super impressed with all the awesome work he's done on our games - we'll have a few bits about his soundtrack coming up, so if you're excited please look out for that.
Great news, thanks. If the trailer is anything to judge by, it's going to be another winner for sure.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
That's definitely a janky combat system. Not in a bad way necessarily (it'll really come down to polish and balance), but it's definitely an incremental improvement from their last game, not a complete overhaul.

The combat menu system looks a bit cumbersome. Also, the flip animation (reused from Technomancer) really bothers me for some reason (it just looks so out of place); I expect there'll be a lot of that for staff weapons, daggers, and one-handed blades or clubs (though the rapier animations looked all-new, so maybe not).

Those environments are gorgeous. Really loving the world design, and looking forward to exploring the island. September is so close!

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
Technomancer was actually really good. I'm ok with jank, but the combat and balance (imbalance it caused) kind of ruined their previous titles for me to the point of past redemption. Looking forward to this one because of how good Techno was.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Spider's inspirations for GreedFall
Countless books, movies and tv shows were studied by the whole team to create this new universe! Camille Lallement, Lead Cinematic Artist, also claims the team wanted to explore current issues, as well as some older ones that we may otherwise like to collectively forget. Key inspirations include the Miyazaki classic Princess Mononoke (1997). The animated film was one of the first references when designing the natives living on the Island of Teer Fradee. It also pushed the team to start considering ecology as one of the native's greatest motives.
giphy.gif