• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Might just be a proper replacement for the kind of games Bioware used to make

Spiders has been making weird, alternate dimension Bioware games for years now.

I wouldn't necessarily say their games are good, but I've always enjoyed playing them, and they scratch that Bioware itch now that Bioware sucks.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I'm now totally honest - this looks for me atleast far, far more interesting than 99% of AAA games that are going to be released this or next year
I'm totally on board with this game - not a bad thing that this game reminds me of the French movie Brotherhood of the Wolf, which I really like
http:///F6yd.jpg
http:///G6yd.jpg
http:///C6yd.jpg
http:///E6yd.jpg
http:///D6yd.jpg
http:///B6yd.jpg

Some screens:
greedfall-03.png.jpg

greedfall-07.png.jpg

greedfall-04.png.jpg

greedfall-06.png.jpg

greedfall-02.png.jpg

greedfall-05.png.jpg

greedfall-01.png.jpg

The city (or cities?) in the game looks really great - gives me Novigrad vibes, which to this day is my favorite city in any game I have ever played
http:///J6yd.jpg
ss-002.jpg

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Get ready for some wonky combat, expected from a spider developed game. This is like a alternate reality when Spain came to South America and went to war with the natives, huh..

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Cool motif and themes

I wonder how deftly they will handle the subject matter considering how not subtle it is about its story influences lol

Visually looks last gen but I give it props for style

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting, and I think it's a well made trailer.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
In because I enjoyed Bound By Flame a fair amount.

Love the setting/weaponry going on in this. Looks like romance options are in too.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Will choices bring major changes like W2 for example where you would skip entire area if you make different choice?

Also not related to GreedFall but are you satisfied with Plague sales?

Tnx

There are changes based on the decisions you make, as well as things being different based on which companions you have with you in certain scenarios - not all the inhabitants of Greedfall get along, to put it mildly.

I can't talk about sales too openly unfortunately - literally legal reasons, we're publicly traded. I can say I'm personally delighted with the reaction Plague Tale has had, and still really enjoy going through the main thread for it here every day.

1) Are there skills that affect dialogue outcomes?

2) How important is crafting? (I'm not a fan of games that make it pretty much mandatory to spend 15 min at a time in the crafting menus to progress)

3) how many companions can you have in your party at once (what's the max. amount)

1) I believe so - I'll see if I can get shareable details.

2) While it isn't a vital, massive part of the game that you must spend hours on, it's detailed and robust, with a lot of different nobs and dials you can play with. We're pretty proud of it, and think people will enjoy no matter how much they engage with it.

3) The max is your main character plus two others.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
and the music is composed by Olivier Derivière again !

If you want see the more recent footage:
(french commentary)

it doesn't look bad at all.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hear it will have same-sex romance options too, Spiders doing what biodont! (these days {Anthem})

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
So the main character is gonna side with the natives, and learn how to commune with the nature spirit or whatever very quickly and end up becoming their most powerful warrior?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
So the main character is gonna side with the natives, and learn how to commune with the nature spirit or whatever very quickly and end up becoming their most powerful warrior?

It's an RPG.
He can either join the natives, or be a total asshole colonizing oppressor, most likely. Cause that's how choices work.

I believe there are like 3 colonizing factions competing for the island's resources as well, so there'll be several factions for you to choose joining.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

from the trailer it looks like you impersonate the child of a native
lady voice that says " it brings me confort to know that my son left on a mission to heal his people" (and she sounds ill?)

edit: nah, misinterpreted

Last edited:

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely interested! Really like the art style in the pictures shared above, and the RPG side of things sounds real good.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
from the trailer it looks like you impersonate the son of a native
lady voice that says " it brings me confort to know that my son left on a mission to heal his people" (and she sounds ill?)

The colonizing continent is struck by some kind of plague (possibly magical). The native island supposedly has the cure.

You travel there to find it and bring it back.

RPG stuff ensues.

EDIT: also, you can pick your gender, iirc, so doesn't have to be a son.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had way more fun playing Bound by Flame and Tecnomancer than anything Bioware did in the last five years. In for more Spiders.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
The colonizing continent is struck by some kind of plague (possibly magical). The native island supposedly has the cure.

You travel there to find it and bring it back.

RPG stuff ensues.

EDIT: also, you can pick your gender, iirc, so doesn't have to be a son.

ah gotcha
it's the other way
i used son, but yeah you can choose so child

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like the look of what they're going for and considering that Spiders seems to be getting better and more ambitious with every game they release I'm cautiously excited. Its really cool seeing a bunch of smaller developers like them and Deck 13 continually getting better and better.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
and considering that Spiders seems to be getting better and more ambitious with every game they release

but their last 2 games were worse than their previous two games >_>

Like, I'll maybe give you the ambituous one, but certainly not the better one. Mars is much better than the slog taht Technomancer was, and of Orcs and Men is much better than Bound by Flame.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like, I'll maybe give you the ambituous one, but certainly not the better one. Mars is much better than the slog taht Technomancer was, and of Orcs and Men is much better than Bound by Flame.

I didn't play the Technomancer but I enjoyed Bound By Flame for what it was and this game looks better than most of their prior games combined.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

do we know how much Of Orcs and Men was cyanide and how much was spiders?

I kind of assumed cyanide had a big part since they went on to do more in the universe (and it was good).

edit: some googling seems cyanide was lead with spiders supporting

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Technomancer's combat was flawed and there were certainly some questionable design decisions but the world-building and story were great! Definitely worth enduring the jankiness.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I really don't want Spiders to change. There's something really endearing about their games. They're familiar, but always just slightly askew and wrong from what you'd normally encounter.

I don't want them to lose that roughness and stuff that's lost in translation, or limit any of their wild, unreachable ambitions, because that's what makes them unique.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I don't mind jank and bad faces, Elex had all that and it didn't ruin it. I just hope they will enhance this for Pro and X. Do we know if they have this planned?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This looks...amazing, actually. I wanna see some current gameplay, but I'm thinking I'm in. Might be the only game I care about for the fall.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Well, this looks ... very interesting. Could be great, can't wait for more info and gameplay.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That looks very cool and interesting to me. The setting usually isn't my cup of tea, but I got hooked when the nature and otherworldly stuff got mixed in :)

And yeah, still need to get Technomancer. Always was interested in playing it.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
ChaosSmurf Why are you guys releasing GreedFall and The Surge 2 in the same month? D:
I'm not in charge of these decisions, but the answer from my perspective is they don't compete with each other meaningfully, and we don't have 50 million dollar marketing budgets to compete in October/November - especially this October/November, I love our games but I will be playing Death Stranding, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy 7 RM (rumours willing) those months, tyvm. Double A game publishing is about taking your shots when you can, being unique, and targeting in unique ways - be that by niche, new interpretations, unique art and universes, etc. Sometimes it means you put two games in the same month.

Looks really great, definitely interested!

Will buy as long as it's not Epic exclusive on PC
It will not be. I know they've been taken down before, but our Steam page is already up if it helps (Wishlist please, we like those!)

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone,

We're excited to finally be getting close to sharing Greedfall with y'all. There will be a little more from us about it during E3 too, and if you've always wondered what I looked like and never bothered to just look up a picture of Zach Galifianakis instead, all your greatest dreams should be realised.

If you've got any questions about the game (X1X and PS4 Pro enhancements: still in development, will have HDR support and improved graphics), let me know.

Cheers,
Ben
Just the X1 and PS4 versions? So no HDR for PC?

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
... I would have to check to make sure but I assume all graphics options available on console are available on PC. I was making a point to answer the inevitable "will there be X1X and PS4P enhancements" question beforehand.
Thank you for the quick reply. The more games support HDR on PC the better!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
do we know how much Of Orcs and Men was cyanide and how much was spiders?

I kind of assumed cyanide had a big part since they went on to do more in the universe (and it was good).

edit: some googling seems cyanide was lead with spiders supporting

They used Spiders' engine, iirc.