• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Spiders seem to be really stepping up their game at every new... well, game.

Really curious about this one. The previews from the Focus were quite encouraging

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Focus Home Interactive doing work, they are fast becoming my favorite home of smaller budget AAA-esc games. So many of their games are actually hidden gems. (some not so hidden)

Trackmania
Divinity
Cities XL
A Plagues Tale
Styx
SpaceHulk
The Surge
Vampyr
World War Z

Part of Gamepass?

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Wow, that looks good. The faces are a bit iffy, but otherwise it's leagues above their other games.

Plus you can play as a female character!

I'm interested in it for sure.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

We're excited to finally be getting close to sharing Greedfall with y'all. There will be a little more from us about it during E3 too, and if you've always wondered what I looked like and never bothered to just look up a picture of Zach Galifianakis instead, all your greatest dreams should be realised.

If you've got any questions about the game (X1X and PS4 Pro enhancements: still in development, will have HDR support and improved graphics), let me know.

Cheers,
Ben

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey everyone,

We're excited to finally be getting close to sharing Greedfall with y'all. There will be a little more from us about it during E3 too, and if you've always wondered what I looked like and never bothered to just look up a picture of Zach Galifianakis instead, all your greatest dreams should be realised.

If you've got any questions about the game (X1X and PS4 Pro enhancements: still in development, will have HDR support and improved graphics), let me know.

Cheers,
Ben
What genre is it?
Estimated length of the game?

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Something I'll be keeping my eye on. I really enjoy seeing the games that Focus Home publishes. Not familiar with Spider's work but I'll keep an eye out for this in E3 news.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
am i being a dick that as soon as i saw those models I thought "is this a Focus game?" and sure enough I noticed the focus logo in the corner of the video >_<

in fact, its a Spiders game lol, yup as expected. Oh spiders, I want to lvoe you, but then you Technomancer me, so I dunno man :(

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of good acting and directing in that story trailer. I hope the gameplay pairs equally with it.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
What genre is it?
Estimated length of the game?
Big ol' third-person RPG. I believe there's some gameplay around, but you'll see some during E3 if not.

30+ hours would be our feeling on it - BIG variation depending on everything from which/how many sidequests you do, whether you're a full convo tree and voice acting person or you skip to the point, etcetera. Probably maxes out in the 60+ region if you're a real 100% person.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are putting in work. Can't wait for gameplay. I have my eye on this game. Is this using the same engine as a plague tale ?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Those faces remind me of Dragon Age 2, but that's not a deal breaker. Elex didn't exactly have great faces but that game IS really good.

Didn't expect this game to release this year though. These are the people behind Technomancer, correct? I see people are waiting for gameplay, but just so you know, there is gameplay out there, just quite old.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Whoa, nice. Didn't expect this so early.

Wow, September's gonna be packed for Focus, huh?

I do love me a Spiders game though, so pretty hyped.
Bring on more gameplay vids!

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
That actually looked... really good? I can't be the only one who has never heard of this developer before, right???

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Focus Home Interactive doing work, they are fast becoming my favorite home of smaller budget AAA-esc games. So many of their games are actually hidden gems. (some not so hidden)

Trackmania
Divinity
Cities XL
A Plagues Tale
Styx
SpaceHulk
The Surge
Vampyr
World War Z

Part of Gamepass?
Trackmania is published by Ubisoft and for divinity they only published the console version, they've nothing to do with the game itself.
Btw I also like them

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You guys are putting in work. Can't wait for gameplay. I have my eye on this game. Is this using the same engine as a plague tale ?
I wouldn't think so cause that's ASOBO's own engine and this is not small scale of a game to have that level of detail. A Plague Tale is such a stunner.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone,

Cheers,
Ben

Will choices bring major changes like W2 for example where you would skip entire area if you make different choice?

Also not related to GreedFall but are you satisfied with Plague sales?

Tnx

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Hey everyone,

Cheers,
Ben

1) Are there skills that affect dialogue outcomes?

2) How important is crafting? (I'm not a fan of games that make it pretty much mandatory to spend 15 min at a time in the crafting menus to progress)

3) how many companions can you have in your party at once (what's the max. amount)

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Story (based on trailer) does not appeal to me. I really dislike old century settings. A Plague Tale had a concept that was more interesting and that's why I own it, despite the time it was set in. Good luck to this game.