• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
If I were sort of interested in this but have never played a Spiders game before, would The Technomancer be a good place to start? I noticed yesterday that it's on sale on PSN for £5.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
If I were sort of interested in this but have never played a Spiders game before, would The Technomancer be a good place to start? I noticed yesterday that it's on sale on PSN for £5.
Mars war logs is their best rated game from the past 2 gens from what ive read online so get thst if you can. Tehcnomancer is seen as a step down, despite the cool name :p

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Where did you get that info? Incredible if true

This article states that the budget for GreedFall is twice that of Technomancer's, but doesn't give any specific numbers. Another user here said the budget for Technomancer was 2.5 million, but I couldn't personally find a source for that after a brief Google search. Closest I could find was an IGN interview in which Focus Home Interactive's CEO says he can't give precise numbers for the budgets as they're confidential information.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Mars war logs is their best rated game from the past 2 gens from what ive read online so get thst if you can. Tehcnomancer is seen as a step down, despite the cool name :p

Yeah, but Technomancer has a similar crafting system as Greedfall. I'd honestly say it's the better place to start because Greedfall is a continuation of what they were trying to do in that game, just with a bigger budget and extra year of development time. Mars is quite a bit longer in tooth.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
ChaosSmurf can you check with devs if cape physics will stay locked to lower framerate on PC? I know it is stupid thing but I like capes in games and it really is bit distracting when physics is done at lower framerate than rest of the game :D
They are not.

Is this releasing at $60?
We're $50 on Steam, I believe that price is replicated everywhere, but local shops etc may vary. We know we aren't making games on the same level of polish/amount of content/etc as is expected for 60 bucks, so we usually price a tad lower, even with our larger titles like this (I doubt this will be universally true in the future, before someone quotes this post in three years to ask me why [REDACTED] is sixty).

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
As others have said, this game looks like a Bioware game of yore; which is fantastic. I hope they iron out the rough edges that were obvious in this video. I like the setting and the potential for the story. I'll be waiting on reviews and maybe a patch or two.

Yesssssssssssssssssss
LOL

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
They are not.

We're $50 on Steam, I believe that price is replicated everywhere, but local shops etc may vary. We know we aren't making games on the same level of polish/amount of content/etc as is expected for 60 bucks, so we usually price a tad lower, even with our larger titles like this (I doubt this will be universally true in the future, before someone quotes this post in three years to ask me why [REDACTED] is sixty).
Will there be enhancements on the X and Pro?

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I just got the game 20% off with Best Buy Gamers club. Also I got an $10 E-gift card from Best Buy after I placed the order [I believe to be released to me upon delivery date]. Not a bad deal at all.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I am interested but do party members follow you around on the map, only watched the first few minutes but couldn't tell if they did.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Will there be enhancements on the X and Pro?
Could set my watch by this question. Yes, and here's the details from our official PR on the subject:

"HDR and 4K support will be available for GreedFall on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. HDR-only will also be available as an option on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S."

I am interested but do party members follow you around on the map, only watched the first few minutes but couldn't tell if they did.
Assuming you mean when you're wondering around in third person, yes. They're in a triangle formation most of the time, one to either side.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Could set my watch by this question. Yes, and here's the details from our official PR on the subject:

"HDR and 4K support will be available for GreedFall on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. HDR-only will also be available as an option on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S."

Assuming you mean when you're wondering around in third person, yes. They're in a triangle formation most of the time, one to either side.
Awesome, thank you!

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017

Both consoles targeting 30 fps? Is there a performance option?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the fact that they haven't shown any PC footage at all worries me a bit...the game looks like an old school Dragon Age type RPG...I hope it lives up to the potential

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
the fact that hey haven't shown any PC footage at all worries me a bit...the game looks like an old school Dragon Age type RPG...I hope it lives up to the potential

I think we only saw PC gameplay with controller. Dont think the game is running at 60 fps on consoles.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Technomancer is better in pretty much every single way. Just because a smaller game with a smaller number of reviews got a better score doesn't mean it's a better game. War Logs is rough.

It has its own charm, but I wouldn't recommend it to somebody who isn't already a fan of the studio or of the jank.

Yeah, Siora is gonna be in my team at all times.

I'll probably switch between Aphra and Kurt depending on the situation, but I'll definitely pass on that shitty old man.
Vasco and Siora here.

Kurt apparently doesn't get along with either of those two, and he's also a mercenary, so I imagine his attitude will be "fight" and "kill" more than "talk" and "explore". Pass, thanks.

And yeah, Petrus can stay at camp.

the fact that they haven't shown any PC footage at all worries me a bit...the game looks like an old school Dragon Age type RPG...I hope it lives up to the potential
It's not tactical or rules-based or really similar at all in gameplay. You could compare Spiders' games to Dragon Age outside combat, but once you get in a fight, it's a whole other thing (and the jank is real).

It's just closest to BioWare in things like dialogue and companions and other RPG elements.

Last edited: