• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Also need to see more from Malus, their posts are pretty much just about how many posts to read through lol. And some small thoughts on some players. Need more from him though.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Sorry, been a real crappy day.

Honestly I don't have much in the way of thoughts. I'm suspicious of Geno for some posts from earlier during my little talk with them and Vere really made me raise an eyebrow at that town circle comment.

I want to see more from Dubs, just cause I don't have much of an opinion on them yet. Same with Kyan.

That's all I have without looking back in depth anyway lol
Thoughts on Monkey?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, been a real crappy day.

Honestly I don't have much in the way of thoughts. I'm suspicious of Geno for some posts from earlier during my little talk with them and Vere really made me raise an eyebrow at that town circle comment.

I want to see more from Dubs, just cause I don't have much of an opinion on them yet. Same with Kyan.

That's all I have without looking back in depth anyway lol
Sorry your day is going poorly Stu. Are you caught up? Curious to hear if your thoughts on Vere remain unchanged in contrast to mine.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Salva has been fairly aggressive and angry-ish. Example no. xxx:

There it is again, just... what is the word I'm not smart enough to formulate... disregarding my posts. You should just go ahead and put me in your ignore list if I contribute so little in Dr. Monkey's world.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Feels like usual Monkey. At least I'd say I'm neutral on her at the moment.

Sorry your day is going poorly Stu. Are you caught up? Curious to hear if your thoughts on Vere remain unchanged in contrast to mine.

Ty

And no, opinion hasn't changed since that town circle post of theirs. It felt very odd/weird to me to ask anyone that. Maybe that will change before days end tho, we'll see.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Salva has been fairly aggressive and angry-ish. Example no. xxx:
The whole thing still reads weird to me, and while Salva said he drew conclusions from it I'd like to hear how he got to them and why.

Ty

And no, opinion hasn't changed since that town circle post of theirs. It felt very odd/weird to me to ask anyone that. Maybe that will change before days end tho, we'll see.
The town circle comment was the one toward donna right?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
re: Salva vs Monkey - the fight of the century.

While I think Salva was being weirdly hostile and aggressive, I do think Monkey comes off worse in that conversation. Her posts don't seem genuine, and after pressing on Salva, she retracts to "Well I do think he is town anyway" - it gives me the vibes of scum scared of committing to a take.

But at the same time, I do agree with her (and Verelios') read on Sawneeks. Saw's early posts somewhat give me faint memories to her previous games I've played scum with her. Asking questions from people who she knows won't be responding any time soon - creating seemingly helpful activity, that isn't actually going to go anywhere. She also has that same "not committing to a read" thing that can be a scumtell, with her seemingly backing off Monkey the moment Monkey started to townread her.

Hmmh.

VOTE: Sawneeks

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing still reads weird to me, and while Salva said he drew conclusions from it I'd like to hear how he got to them and why.

I haven't seen Salva play for years and years (has he played during this +1 year gap I've had?), so it could be a personality thing... but also something else entirely.

It's not impossible salva vs monkey is a scum v scum interaction.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
re: Salva vs Monkey - the fight of the century.

While I think Salva was being weirdly hostile and aggressive, I do think Monkey comes off worse in that conversation. Her posts don't seem genuine, and after pressing on Salva, she retracts to "Well I do think he is town anyway" - it gives me the vibes of scum scared of committing to a take.

But at the same time, I do agree with her (and Verelios') read on Sawneeks. Saw's early posts somewhat give me faint memories to her previous games I've played scum with her. Asking questions from people who she knows won't be responding any time soon - creating seemingly helpful activity, that isn't actually going to go anywhere. She also has that same "not committing to a read" thing that can be a scumtell, with her seemingly backing off Monkey the moment Monkey started to townread her.

Hmmh.

VOTE: Sawneeks

Do you have anything new to add that isn't just repeating what people have already said about Sawneeks?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long it'll take people to realize that you need to read Salva the same way you read nin.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I read it, stopped, rub my eyes and read it again.

It felt awfully weird and out of place in general.
I can see why it jumped out as possibly one of those comments a scum player will make to seem like they're engaging without putting real thought into it, even though that didn't immediately jump out at me. I still liked his recent contribution though personally - both Monkey and Vere's thoughts on Saw are not something I had picked up on tbh

I haven't seen Salva play for years and years (has he played during this +1 year gap I've had?), so it could be a personality thing... but also something else entirely.

It's not impossible salva vs monkey is a scum v scum interaction.
Yes, he's played at least twice I think? One of them there was a bit of a kerfuffle with Monkey which is part of why I was trying to drill into the heart of the exchange to see if there was real purpose behind it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to give a "nuh uh, you did say it" then I went back and I remembered part of what annoyed me was Blarg didn;t actually say anything that made sense to you. So point to you, I still started mess though because I don't really like your assertion that you wouldn't do X just because of a potential scan.
okay

Yeah, no, this is bullshit. I had a take. The take is that the whole thing was a stupid waste of everyone's time and it came down to a choice between disengaging or honestly just replacing out because I really am not up for another round of LET'S FIGHT WITH SALVA FOR DAYS OVER NOTHING. It's irritating. It makes the game monumentally unfun and yes, even I like to have fun. So I chose to disengage.

Bear, you're a mess here. I'm scum. Salva's scum. Sneeks scum. Are you honestly saying we're all scum together? Come on.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nin plays irrationally regardless of alignment. I don't actually believe there's a particularly good way to consistently read his alignment.

Wait for end game and follow the trail of missteps that lead to his teammates being voted out. Now sure, one day this method won't work when the scum team is all people that I need to wait for end game for but this isn't that game.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
okay

Yeah, no, this is bullshit. I had a take. The take is that the whole thing was a stupid waste of everyone's time and it came down to a choice between disengaging or honestly just replacing out because I really am not up for another round of LET'S FIGHT WITH SALVA FOR DAYS OVER NOTHING. It's irritating. It makes the game monumentally unfun and yes, even I like to have fun. So I chose to disengage.

Bear, you're a mess here. I'm scum. Salva's scum. Sneeks scum. Are you honestly saying we're all scum together? Come on.

Reductive post, I dont get a Salva scum read from Bear's posts.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not saying you are all three together scum. I'm not reading you and Saw as scum partners at the moment - I'm also not reading Salva and Saw as ones either. You and Salva both is a possibility.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Wait for end game and follow the trail of missteps that lead to his teammates being voted out. Now sure, one day this method won't work when the scum team is all people that I need to wait for end game for but this isn't that game.
I don't actually know that I agree I could ever use the above approach to come out with a town read on Nin (or in this case Salva), but if it works for you then more power to you. I will say I didn't really view Salva in the same light as nin, but when you put it in that context his weird move in Avatar makes a lot more sense (in a fucked up sort of way).

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
So Monkey and Salva had a fight in a previous game? That gives bit more context to this fight at least. It doesn't really change the read that much - but it does give some more leeway for Monkey's potential towniness.

Reductive post, I dont get a Salva scum read from Bear's posts.

I'm not heavily scum-reading Salva for now. It's more tied to Monkey, since the fight could have been an attempt to create forced scum v scum interaction. But with Salva and Monkey having a fight in previous game, that seems more unlikely now.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
You feel suspicious of me yet not of monkey even though she said she agrees with me on Salva?

Did she say she agreed that "Scum wouldn't be that active D1"? because that's why your suspicious to me.

If she did agree with that line in particular, then yeah, I'd be suspicious of her as well.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Did she say she agreed that "Scum wouldn't be that active D1"? because that's why your suspicious to me.

If she did agree with that line in particular, then yeah, I'd be suspicious of her as well.
I said I doubted scum would post in such a natural, reactive, obviously not-considering manner. A more longwinded explanation of the same thing Geno said, yes, though I added that if he was scum, it would mean much greater chance of a slip or inconsistency later, adding to my lack of concern over Salva.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
eDZlKVh.jpg

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a particularly helpful read through. Didn't get much from the Salva + Monkey discussion and I don't really feel good about anyone.

It's fairly obvious that the 'kill sorian D1' acts as a D1 lunchproof for him as any suspicions are overlooked for being the meme. Meanwhile similarly active players (from top of memory Sneeks and Bear) have been lunched D1 before.

This post is ehh, usually I'd agree with you but with this roster concentrating on mid to low posters is limiting the scope of investigation rather than the other way round. I consider 5 of us fairly low posters (me, Zipped, Donna, Malus and Kyan) so we're not lacking for activity or anything.

Muffin is interesting for being about 100% filler so far despite quite a few posts but the serious discussion was only really just starting when he stopped posting. Will be watching for how he resumes posting (and might look back at some previous D1s of his)
We aren't hurting for activity, no, but I just came from a game where the high posters were Town and Scum were all in the middle range and nearly skated to victory. At the moment I'd much rather look at those are are fitting in the same category than worry about the loud folks who will get enough scrutiny just on the basis that they talk a lot.
Feels bad to agree with Sorian but I got the same impression. I dont really get why Sneeks would mention him as someone she would shoot, and her reasoning wasnt very convincing.
:u

I guess the reverse can be said towards you and Sorian. I don't get why this clears Dubs and means he is Town.
Then I would have to read 10 pages.

Anyway, between Salva and Monkey I think Monkey comes away looking a bit scummier.
Town lean for Sawneeks.
Geno's entrance wasn't anything I would try to analyze further. Not sure why people piled on it to be honest.
B-Dubs reaction was a bit exaggerated in my opinion, but I'm not sure I want to put him into Scum lean territory for it yet.
Bears entrance on the other hand was a bit rocky, so he gets the slightest of scum leans.
I like and agree with 80% of this post.
I'm going to spend more time catching up than playing in this game, so

Salva reads like town to me right now. Their posting was plentiful and messy in a way that I don't see scum getting into so early in the first day.

Bears posts don't read well to me but they said they haven't played in a while. Felt like they were picking away at something when nothing was there.

Keep seeing people have expectations of certain players having wild roles which is the worst.
This is reasonable and not pushing any buttons...

Is Kalor scum again?
If I had to shoot anyone right now, It would probably be blarg because I would worry about him later on in the game.
I know that there are quite a few players on the roster that would normally worry me as scum, but honestly, I am worried the most about blarg right now as I feel his silliness will make him a hard read for me personally later on although I could say the same about kyaa.

So you could say right now based on me worrying about trying to figure them out later on that both blarg and kyaa are on my panic list.
What makes you think you will be around that long for it to be a problem. :x
Okay, so here's the thing that bothered me after I logged off last night:

I posted that I had a soft scumread on Sneeks. I absolutely do not like when she comes into the thread asking questions, especially questions that aren't gonna be answered - asking donna, for instance, when donna is likely not gonna be back for hours and hours. That's a scumSneeks tell, a fake attempt at making conversation and looking active. But it was just a little, so I wasn't gonna go in on her or anything, it was just on my radar.

Later, after our brief conversation about Geno, she posted that she scumread me. Sure, okay, y'all hate my observation about Geno, I get it. This is fine. After that, Natiko rightly pointed out that Sneeks and I often scumread each other.

But after I watched her actually engage and put thoughts into the thread, I posted that I relaxed my read of her. And then suddenly she didn't scumread me either. At least, it was implied. But why? I didn't change anything about the way I was engaging with people. So what changed in her read? I didn't scumread her anymore? So it was OMGUS? Did she decide it was just meta? What happened? I have no idea. I would love to hear an explanation from her.

Here's that post I'm talking about:
monkey, sweetheart, it was a joke.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
re; Bear

I agree with Sorian/Monkey/Nat/and I think Vere that his game is rough and I feel like he is latching on to whatever he can to look engaged. While he is coming away scummier for this I don't think I will vote there this Phase. Yell, call me scum, whatever but he hasn't played in a while so it could easily just be rust in not having played town in a while. If he keeps this up for Day 2, sure, but i'm not gonna advocate to kill a returning player on Day 1.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
re; Bear

I agree with Sorian/Monkey/Nat/and I think Vere that his game is rough and I feel like he is latching on to whatever he can to look engaged. While he is coming away scummier for this I don't think I will vote there this Phase. Yell, call me scum, whatever but he hasn't played in a while so it could easily just be rust in not having played town in a while. If he keeps this up for Day 2, sure, but i'm not gonna advocate to kill a returning player on Day 1.
Why "not having played town" in a while instead of "not having played in a while?"

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be mowing my lawn for a bit (god I hate that) and will be back later.

Ty

To be clear, are you saying that you're more worried about Blarg or Kyaa making it to endgame than you are a highly trusted high volume post count player?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmn

Interesting, and I feel the same about Zipped
yeah but isn't that your standard day1 game with zipped playbook?

oh, I also town read Turm. He's playing just like the last game where I was horribly wrong about him.

To be honest I can't remember what Zipped has done this game so I guess I agree lol.
I had that one conversation with Sorian and said hi to Natiko. i know not much, how can I help you? I'm honestly just trying to eek out breadcrumbs based on what everyone is saying they think we all should have asked for.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
More like my brain is frazzled today which makes me miss some posts. /shrug

Never said that.
I'm inferring that's what you meant when you said my response was weird. Donna said that she'd be worried about Blarg and Kyaa since they're wildcards and I asked if she wouldn't be more worried about someone who's a prolific poster deep wolving at endgame. Which other way should I take your response?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? Who cleared him? Not me.
Sorian said he would 'hard defend Dubs as he is mislynch bait' and you agreed with him. Reads to me like Sorian town reads him pretty hard so in your agreement with him I would assume you think the same. :x
;-; So mean! But I am just thinking a few days ahead of myself in these current thoughts.
Didn't actually answer my question tho
You surely did. :pikathink:
yeah, yeah, yeah.

what's your thoughts that aren't me related