• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Bear is very by-the-book and that's what feels grrr, since there is nothing else so far. The explanation is there and there are time zones to consider so it can be absolutely nothing as long as he boots up before Stu does.

Geno makes a joke. Could be cover. Could be banter from a position of comfort and that could mean anything. I myself don't have the pre-conceived notion of seeing Geno as some gigantic mastermind of utter terror, so I was turned off by the fire under his tail.

Dubs on the other hand sees the joke as a straw and grasps it. It is the oddest reaction to Geno imo. New player-ish but I think Dubs has some games under him? The response when rebuked feels similar as well - Dubs just backs off when called on it. Sorian seemed to imply that this is normal-ish for Dubs soooo...? Remains to be seen?

Bit or even somewhat more interested in Dubs' future actions than Bear's for now.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
eI5NVBe.jpg

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Geno coming from your previous successes as the host of not one but two [Mafia] games infamous for their custom-made Role mechanics, what inspired you to join a game in which you can exercise a similar level of creativity in the raw execution of creation itself albeit subject to its own host's set regulations on how creative you could be; in a sense, returning to mortality from godhood?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Wasn't a particularly helpful read through. Didn't get much from the Salva + Monkey discussion and I don't really feel good about anyone.

Everyone talks so much about killing sorian but no one votes sorian 🤔
It's fairly obvious that the 'kill sorian D1' acts as a D1 lunchproof for him as any suspicions are overlooked for being the meme. Meanwhile similarly active players (from top of memory Sneeks and Bear) have been lunched D1 before.

this is boring noise. i kinda wanna read back but at the same time there's so much silly nonsense to walk through that i'm putting it off. voting anyone who is pushing and advocating for activity is a yawn from me unless ya'll got something more than 'they're just known for that tho'. gimme them mid to quiet posters.
This post is ehh, usually I'd agree with you but with this roster concentrating on mid to low posters is limiting the scope of investigation rather than the other way round. I consider 5 of us fairly low posters (me, Zipped, Donna, Malus and Kyan) so we're not lacking for activity or anything.

Muffin is interesting for being about 100% filler so far despite quite a few posts but the serious discussion was only really just starting when he stopped posting. Will be watching for how he resumes posting (and might look back at some previous D1s of his)

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Not as many posts as I expected after all...

rn I will keep my vote for Sorian, Bdubs and Flush seem stiff, could see voting one of them.

Bear, Sawneeks, Monkey read null
Stiff? Mate, I made around 10 posts in the first hour. That gotta be a first for me. I don't think I ever started as relaxed (or chatty) into a game :D

this is boring noise. i kinda wanna read back but at the same time there's so much silly nonsense to walk through that i'm putting it off. voting anyone who is pushing and advocating for activity is a yawn from me unless ya'll got something more than 'they're just known for that tho'. gimme them mid to quiet posters.
Listen to this lady, she speaks truth.

Dunno, felt like "hello, fellow townies" to me
Hello to those fellow Townies I didn't greet yet :)

No, but considering he is the mastermind behind Heroes vs Villains I would be shocked if he didn't have a crazy role. He made a role that drew Yu-gi-oh cards and gave it a chance to instant win the game for town. the guy makes crazy ideas.
Nice. And I thought I made crazy games...

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Dr. Monkey building off of how you responded to my earlier query; if you were hypothetically Mafia-aligned, and armed with the knowledge to wit that in the context of this particular game, it would be the potential for self-actualisation that you would be ripping from the figurative heart of one of your fellow players Tonight besides their figurative life, would you still do it, especially having sworn the Hippocratic Oath?

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
It's only six hours in, so it may be that there just isn't anything else, but Kyan's two posts give easy takes on almost all points of discussions I remember in this game so far (except for policy-lynch-Sorian-or-dont, which, I dunno, isn't entirely serious I think?)

Also, I don't really get why Monkey is Town-Reading Salva. There are quite a few posts that rub me in a strange way, I don't like it. I can't even specifically pinpoint to one (Maybe I could if I could be arsed to go through his posts again, but not rn. Maybe later. Point still is that none of them specifically rubbed me enough to add them to the multi-quote collection I gathered while going through the thread). It's just an overall gut feeling.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Also the role hinting is stupid as everyone knows the first rule to nen fights is to keep your aura type unknown for as long as possible.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Hmm, Gut I can understand (D1 is mostly gut lol) but I wouldn't expect a "I don't see scum being so active on D1" type answer from you.
I wouldn't expect a question like "why do you say this, you know Geno's role?" from a scum player, feels like a raw reaction to a post. Also reading the opening post a gain it says we were divided in 2 teams so maybe no Neutrals but then again I give away everything in flavor and Fran maybe doesn't so who knows.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Then I would have to read 10 pages.

Anyway, between Salva and Monkey I think Monkey comes away looking a bit scummier.
Town lean for Sawneeks.
Geno's entrance wasn't anything I would try to analyze further. Not sure why people piled on it to be honest.
B-Dubs reaction was a bit exaggerated in my opinion, but I'm not sure I want to put him into Scum lean territory for it yet.
Bears entrance on the other hand was a bit rocky, so he gets the slightest of scum leans.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If it was anyone else I''ll be suspicious of naming me town with such conviction but I just can't with you Sawneeks, you better not break my kokoro with a hyped up role that is actually scum.

I want to add that I don't think monkey is scum, even if her actions seemed a bit pockety to me with that last gif. I honestly think that I really get on her nerves and that is why she acts that way to me, and every time I interact with her I do feel a bit exhausted and frutrated, so maybe its mutual.

Are you reading my business facebook profile?

The first one was a joke, and the other 3 was me reacting to posts made about me. And I do that, every time someone mentions me in a post that is clearly not a joke I want to know why, if I'm in someones mind I want to push it. And when it comes to me it seems like you are trying to push a narrative on me and tunneling monkey to make me an easy lynch later on, is that what you are trying to do or are you actually concerned about my interactions with monkey? If so, where you are when it comes to both of us? Do you think I'm scum and she is town? Do you think I'm just trying to mess with her since I know she can't stand me? It was her who started the discussion by constantly mentioning me. And now that I know exactly why, I am leaning to town-reading her. And honestly, I can't say the same about you.
I honestly don't know if you bothered to read my posts where multiple times I said your focusing in on her wasn't a tunnel in an alignment sense, but hey keep up the faux outrage. I wanted to understand if there was intention behind your badgering when there appeared to be none. You ask me how I'm interpreting your questioning of her, but my entire point has been that I'm not seeing the reasoning behind it. Now you seem to actually be drawing conclusions from it though so maybe there was a point to your series of posts. Walk me through what she did and said that led to you going from null to town on her.

Why though? I'm being honest here. Was planning to make a role to modconfirm me as neutral in the event I got that alignment. Didnt pan out. If it did, I wouldnt spoil the surprise and tell you about it :P
The tone of both felt very "aw shucks, not I". People love dropping jokes with half truths in them, so it popped out at me.

I wouldn't expect a question like "why do you say this, you know Geno's role?" from a scum player, feels like a raw reaction to a post. Also reading the opening post a gain it says we were divided in 2 teams so maybe no Neutrals but then again I give away everything in flavor and Fran maybe doesn't so who knows.
I think Fran implied the special type roles could be made into neutrals.

Then I would have to read 10 pages.

Anyway, between Salva and Monkey I think Monkey comes away looking a bit scummier.
Town lean for Sawneeks.
Geno's entrance wasn't anything I would try to analyze further. Not sure why people piled on it to be honest.
B-Dubs reaction was a bit exaggerated in my opinion, but I'm not sure I want to put him into Scum lean territory for it yet.
Bears entrance on the other hand was a bit rocky, so he gets the slightest of scum leans.
Share some more on your scum leans on Monkey and Bear

If I had to shoot anyone right now, It would probably be blarg because I would worry about him later on in the game.
Is Blarg the player you worry most about from the roster? Why?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to spend more time catching up than playing in this game, so

Salva reads like town to me right now. Their posting was plentiful and messy in a way that I don't see scum getting into so early in the first day.

Bears posts don't read well to me but they said they haven't played in a while. Felt like they were picking away at something when nothing was there.

Keep seeing people have expectations of certain players having wild roles which is the worst.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a lot of people have singled Bear out as potentially scummy, yet only a couple have actually tried to engage him and no one has voted him. Why?

I actually think there's an acceptable reason, but we'll see what is said.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
VOTE: Verelios

Verelios What thoughts do you have so far? Looking back through things and it stood out to me that you hadn't really said anything of merit so far without being basically inactive like some others.

Nor just being a bit of an oddball like some others.
Thoughts? You haven't struck out to me this game, which is weird given how much you like to post. I'm trying to remember if you just like mid game more.

Something about Royal gives me pause, and when I thought about it more it was the confidence he came in with. I know a lot of people were feeling themselves because of their roles but it stood out to me.

Salva is kind of all over the place, but I'm not sure that's alignment indicative. He just seems to be reacting more strongly than I'd expect to you, Sorian, Monkey, whoever, but that's apparently in line with how he plays, so I'll just lean null on this. I'm not sure how to take the Monkey/Salva interaction. It seemed like Monkey was prodding as she does which Salva definitely didn't like and it kind of spiraled.

Which brings us to Monkey. I don't know. I feel like in some capacity Monkey has been reaching in her posts, and the question is if it's for good reason. It's D1 though and I understand why some liberties might need to be taken to get more information. We also see the 'maybe' resurgence of the buddycop Monkey/Saw duo which makes me hesitant. Saw has been a wildcard that I've been feeling bad and good about this game.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Is Blarg the player you worry most about from the roster? Why?

I know that there are quite a few players on the roster that would normally worry me as scum, but honestly, I am worried the most about blarg right now as I feel his silliness will make him a hard read for me personally later on although I could say the same about kyaa.

So you could say right now based on me worrying about trying to figure them out later on that both blarg and kyaa are on my panic list.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've played with Bear twice, I think, both times he died on D1 so I will hard defend him.

If he is scum, well played 🤷‍♂️

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Right now, kyan.

That is just my current thoughts right now though - like I said above, those two worry me because I feel like they will be hardest for me to figure out later on which makes them a scary combo to me right now.
Hm. You're not worried about a town circle forming and the town leader being scum?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017