• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds has an exceptional ending. It doesn't play it safe, it is a hugely fitting and moving end. For an improbably brilliant game it really sticks the landing in a way very, very few games do.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
  1. The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. God of War
  4. Spider-Man

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
Was there anything optimistic in that ending? Ellie literally lost everything. Her love, her family, their child and even her home - all for nothing. It left a very bad taste in my mouth after investing so much time into the game.

My favourite endings would be Ghost of Tsushima and God of War. God of War e2nding was a nice setup to the sequel that left me feeling extremely hyped, and Ghost had such an emotional ending.
Just a tinge of hopefulness. She's at rock bottom, sure, but she's finally accepted what's happened. Her PTSD has seemingly resolved, and she's ready to rebuild her life.

cashiusprime

Oct 28, 2017
Disco Elysium's ending had me tearing up towards the end. There's a moment that's absolutely magical and stunning.

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian has what is likely my favorite ending in all of gaming. Extremely powerful stuff.

Nier Automata is another great choice, the best moment in an already remarkable game.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
last-us-2-ending-ellie-guitar.jpg
This was the most on the nose writing I've ever seen, when she lost the fingers I thought ahead to how the game would end with her unable to play the guitar because omg revenge of joel cost her her only connection to joel.. I literally laughed.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
This was the most on the nose writing I've ever seen, when she lost the fingers I thought ahead to how the game would end with her unable to play the guitar because omg revenge of joel cost her her only connection to joel.. I literally laughed.

It's not about it to me

I loved how she left the guitar and leave, like finally getting over him.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nier Automata
Danganronpa V3
Uncharted 4

All of these wrap up their stories/franchises so well to the point that I'm good if they don't make any more.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Nier Automata and Danganronpa V3 were both up there with MGS2 for me. The hardest secret ending to the Witness was particularly impactful as well.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I raise one glass...

...to whatever such a game might mean within the notion of ends being ends.

*posh sip*

But that's not the actual ending though

The video you unlock from that actually has a final line puzzle in it that can only be solved by starting it then sitting through the entire hour+ lecture

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
100% agree with the nier automata and dangbango V3 mentions
Recently I thought 13 sentinals ending was very interesting, though i wouldnt say it was the highest point of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked:
Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War
Witcher 3

Most of all rdr2. I think that was phenomenal for the Arthur. It was so good for me that after the ending i could barely stand the john for epilogy

Gow is no excemption. Got me excited for the next i a verrrryyyy good way.

Witcher 3 also the journey had a very satisfying ending.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
The Last of Us Part II is the obvious winner in every way. Some other damn good endings:
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • The Last Guardian
  • SOMA

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I was satisfied with all the main 3 endings in Witcher 3 and even with the endings in both expansion packs
zf9vn38eng141.jpg

eE32pkNYDE6KwcZWAGUfrm-1200-80.jpg
The-Witcher-3_4.jpg
vcrijx4u2tuz.jpg
82E06C6EFE0B0FF9A0FD3D4BD0DD8418322D26CC

Was about the same the same, be it base game or Blood and Wine, all endings are very satisfying.

I'd also go with Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 6 endings, just... chefskiss.gif

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Both TLOU's made me stand up and pace for an hour.
The Witcher 3 was the most satisfying (the one I got anyway).
Red Dead Redemption 2 was perfectly bittersweet.
The Last Guardian made my wife cry. My eyes were slightly more moist than normal.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's always more about the journey than the destination for me. But Dark Souls 3's end of the fire ending was the perfect ending to the trilogy.

The First Flame quickly fades.
Darkness will shortly settle.
But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness.
Like embers, linked by lords past.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
The Last Guardian. Catch me snot crying just listening to the ending music suite 😭😭

Rakuen had a great end to. With the same effect on me 😭😭

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
God of War secret ending was insane, on another level of hype building for the sequel

WannabeSage

May 31, 2019
The bad ending in Shadowrun: Dragonfall was my first ending. I felt the nausea still 30 minutes after shutting the game.

Is there a worse (like, morally) ending in games? You can choose very wrong in Dragonfall.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if The Last of Us Part II was my favourite ending but, just like pretty much the whole game, was the most interesting and provocative in a way I don't think I've seen from a major game before so there is a strong argument for that.

Favourite ending was probably Uncharted 4 for a perfect end to a great series of games.

SteveLorde

Sep 14, 2020
Far Cry 5 ending was unexpected at all....seriously...who ever thought
that Joseph's prophecy was real and world will collapse?

Z'ard

Mar 5, 2019
Ukraine
Persona 5 Royal
Yakuza 0
Dragon age 3 dlc
Last of us 2

This is probably my favourite 4

Wait, I don't know how I forgot about Nier Automata and Spiderman

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
All Naughty Dog's games lol.
Lost Legacy was so lighthearted I loved it.
U4 was kinda melancholic and nostalgic, I think a great ending for Mate's adventures.
Last of Us part 2 is so heartbreaking but I'm a sucker for endings like that..

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
God of War, Spidey, Red Dead 2, FF15, Uncharted 4, Ghost of Tsushima

FF7R and TLoU2 are divisive, but they stand out to me personally as well.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
The Last Guardian, LOU 2 and Death Stranding.

All of these games gave me an ending which I'm happy with and don't want to play again as I feel satisfied.

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Odyssey's entire sequence with that surprise music..
Oh, that's a great pick. I didn't even play the game myself and I'm not a particularly big Mario fan or anything and it still blew me away just watching it on youtube. What a brilliant sequence, truly a celebration of the franchise and even gaming in general.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Last of Us Part 2, no doubt. Just utter raw emotional devastation that left me thinking about the game at this point 4 months after it ended.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Soma and Death Stranding for me.

Haven't finished Outer Wilds yet, suspect it's up there as well.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Evil Within 2 has an insane finale that absolutely should be up there with the greats.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XV is the only true answer. Sure game was a mess story wise but the ending was fantastic.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
As much as I hate vanilla Destiny 2, it had a very cool ending. Seeing the Traveler alive after so many years made cry... Lol, I'm way too invested in Destiny I guess.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds' ending was perfect. I was really impressed with how tightly and elegantly everything came together.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2
Witcher 3
Spiderman
Batman AK

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
They're already been mentioned to fuck but Nier Automata, Soma, The Last Guardian, Edith Finch, Outer Wilds and Danganronpa V3 are all top tier.

Especially Nier Automata. I felt like that whole moment restored my faith in interactive storytelling and video games overall. Also Soma but that's just good storytelling.