• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
There's a moment in the final battle of Breath of the Wild, during the transition into the part that people don't like as much, that stands out to me in this regard

The scene is couched by Zelda talking about this as the final confrontation, the moment of your last triumph. It builds, and builds, and the main theme of the game is playing during this part. If you've watched the trailers you know the main theme. Its crescendo, its climax, is a single note.

"Courage need not be remembered," Zelda says as the final notes play before the end, and in the silence she says: "for it is never forgotten."

And then instead of the one note being the end, it is a transition into the boss's theme, the melody of Cave Theme from Link to the Past used as a bassline for one of the most complex and multilayered pieces in franchise history as you end a war that's been going on for a century

Spectacular

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's super fresh in my mind, but I really liked the Ashtray Maze mission in Control.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The finale of The Last Guardian maybe? When you need to retrieve Trico's tail end when he's being horribly maltreated by the other Trico's and the music and emotion is really swelling up.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
aZTTWT3.jpg
When the instrumental version of Snake Eater kicks in in the last three minutes.

Genius.

Kojima will never top MGS3.

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
OG FF7 (not much gameplay but):

This is so brilliantly done, from finding out about Cloud's real identity to the music swelling up as you dash Sephiroth into the lifesteam. Amazing.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Halfway through the fight with Soul of Cinder in Dark Souls III, the boss starts its final transformation, plin plin plon starts playing, and you realize exactly what it is you've been fighting this whole time. Brilliant moment.