• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Uy1Iqha.jpg

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It's awesome how much work he has put into helping out first responders. And insane how republicans still have the gall to consider him anti American

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

Awesome moment: Jon Stewart embraces a crying John Feal, the 9/11 first responder who led the organization pushing for the full extension of the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund, just after the bill passed in the Senate 97-2:

4:03 PM - Jul 23, 2019
EewmNDi.jpg

Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

BREAKING: Senate votes 97-2 to pass the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Act.

The bill, which effectively makes funding authorization for the program permanent, now goes to Pres Trump's desk for his signature.

NO VOTES:
Lee
Paul

3:45 PM - Jul 23, 2019

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
So it's finally done then? It's shocking that it took this long to give back to the First Responders who were held up as heroes. I guess the hold up was due to hypocritical Republicans?

Good on John Stewart for getting that victory in, well deserved.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Rand Paul couldn't even vote?

What a butthole

Last edited:

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to everyone, the responders and their families, who needed this. Well done for once, Congress.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Senator Rand Paul @RandPaul

While I support our heroic first responders, I can't in good conscience vote for legislation which to my dismay remains unfunded. We have a nearly trillion dollar deficit and $22 trillion in debt. Spending is out of control.

As I have done on countless issues, including disaster relief and wall funding, I will always take a stand against borrowing more money to pay for programs rather than setting priorities and cutting waste.

3:47 PM - Jul 23, 2019

David Hogg @davidhogg111

Go fuck yourself

Sincerely,
America

4:33 PM - Jul 23, 2019

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017

While I support our heroic first responders, I can't in good conscience vote for legislation which to my dismay remains unfunded. We have a nearly trillion dollar deficit and $22 trillion in debt. Spending is out of control.

As I have done on countless issues, including disaster relief and wall funding, I will always take a stand against borrowing more money to pay for programs rather than setting priorities and cutting waste.

David Hogg @davidhogg111

Go fuck yourself

Sincerely,
America

Probably the best tweet of the year for me

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did we have a thread for this vote and I missed it? Seems like big news. This is awesome.
I believe we did not, and absolutely this is huge news. First major good legislation passed by Congress in I can't even think of how long. This is also passage of government funded health care for a not insignificant population, likely to be a boon to single payer proponents. Pretty big deal.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

David Hogg @davidhogg111

Go fuck yourself

Sincerely,
America

Some of the replies, lol.

Grown ass 45+ year old adults getting in twitter spats with a 19 (?) year old. Fucking amazing.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
On one hand, it's wonderful to hear good news out of our government for a change.

On the other hand, it took the senate almost 20 years and an immense pushback to do something that a 4-year-old would recognize as the right thing.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely shameful that it took anywhere near as long as it did, for no damn good reason.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
So it's finally done. Thank God. Kudos to Steward for fighting for these heroes' rights. A fight that shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.
And fuck those 2 clowns.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

David Hogg @davidhogg111

Go fuck yourself

Sincerely,
America

I really hope Hogg gets into politics. Dude is fearless.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jon Stewart is awesome. Paul and Lee don't have a fragment of the integrity he or any of the first responders that are being helped by this bill have.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Oh, hey, along with the Mitch McConnell schadenfreude, you also get your daily reminder that Rand Paul is a soulless libertarian ghoul.