• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
"In life you're gonna fail and fail and you're gonna fail until the only hope you've got left smells like piss."

-- Summerhood (2008)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
A Dark Song had a good one that worked really well in context.

"They're not my killers. I'm just some cunt using your son's voice to make you afraid."

Law

Oct 27, 2017
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Rutger Hauer - Blade Runner

leeky

Oct 27, 2017
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.—Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller in Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Bpfd

Oct 25, 2017
always liked this line:

None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!

Oct 27, 2017
INCONCEIVABLE! - Princess Bride

I'm your huckleberry. - Tombstone

To everyone, please list the movies...a lot are not as obvious as you seem to think.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
reybb8.png

"Where do you come from?"

Pretty awesome, subtle line. She might as well be asking herself this question in a mirror.

Also, "Who are you?" "I'm no one", from TFA trailers.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The entire bit with Alonzo going bananas as Jake is walking away is legendary.

Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting cases on all you bitches! Huh. You think you can do this shit...Jake! You think you can do this to me?! You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you! SHU program, nigga. 23 hour lockdown! I'm the man up in this piece! You'll never see the light of.....who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the police, I run shit around here. You just live here! Yeah, that's right, you better walk away! Go on and walk away...'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. King Kong ain't got shit on me! That's right, that's right. Shit, I don't, fuck. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherfucking way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!

And my favorite from the same movie:

Car Rental Agent: [cheerfully] Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?

Neal: Yes.

Car Rental Agent: How may I help you?

Neal: You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosey, fucking, cheeks! And you can give me a fucking automobile: a fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick! Four fucking wheels and a seat!

Car Rental Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.

Neal: And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. And I really didn't care to fucking walk, down a fucking highway, and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile in my fucking face. I want a fucking car RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Car Rental Agent: May I see your rental agreement?

Neal: I threw it away.

Car Rental Agent: Oh boy.

Neal: Oh boy, what?

Car Rental Agent: You're fucked!

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"If I pull that off, will you die?"

"It would be extremely painful."

"You're a big guy."

4 U.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me…ending up together?

Mary: Not good.

Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.

Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance. Yeah!

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Where do you come from?"

Pretty awesome, subtle line. She might as well be asking herself this question in a mirror.

Also, "Who are you?" "I'm no one", from TFA trailers.

Ehhh. I'm not going to give "where do you come from" as a good line in any movie.

3aOAnA3.png

also

The opening of the movie
Harry Temple: All right, pop quiz. Airport, gunman with one hostage. He's using her for cover; he's almost to a plane. You're a hundred feet away... Jack?

Jack: Shoot the hostage.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You're just the afterbirth, Eli. You slithered out of your mother's filth.
They should have put you in a glass jar on a mantlepiece."

-There Will Be Blood

"I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it."

-Glengarry Glen Ross

"There's nothing funny about a physically fit man."

-Funny People

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ehhh. I'm not going to give "where do you come from" as a good line in any movie.
Like I said it's about the subtlety of the line. That moment when you realize through visual storytelling/context clues that it means something much bigger than the nothing it appears to be at face value. That's what makes it so great. TFA has many of these moments that most people missed.

Not every good quote has to be some dumb one liner.

"Yes... Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her... sooooo much... it, it, it - the feel... it f-flamed--flames... FLAMES... ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE... breathing, breathless, heaving breaths... heaving..."

Not gonna tell ya... but I'll give you a Clue. It's one of the greatest comedies of all time.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Great choice OP. Love that Blade quote.

Fight Club (book and movie) is full of great quotes. "Calm as Hindu cow". "The things you own end up owning you". "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time". "You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis."

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane." - batman

"Nooooo" - star wars

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From an Aussie flick, The Wog Boy. Half Serb/Croat line kills me every damn time.

Everything in this scene from Next Friday, coming out the mouth of Michael Blackson.

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Yes... Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her... sooooo much... it, it, it - the feel... it f-flamed--flames... FLAMES... ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE... breathing, breathless, heaving breaths... heaving..."

Not gonna tell ya... but I'll give you a Clue. It's one of the greatest comedies of all time.

Thumbs up sign for twitter. Thumbs up emoji

Whatever. I like this choice.