• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you buy a Playstation Move? Did you regret it?

• I bought a Playstation Move and I regretted it.

Votes: 73 15.8%
  • I bought a Playstation Move and I did not regret it.

Votes: 118 25.5%
  • I did not buy a Playstation Move.

Votes: 272 58.7%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Jeremy came on stage for the purpose of demonstrating the Playstation Move. Jeremy did a great job. Sadly for Jeremy, his performance didn't sway many consumers into buying the Playstation Move.

I did, though. Because I was bored and had nothing better to do in 2011. I probably used the damn thing once. I don't even recall any of my games being compatible with it. Little Big Planet maybe? I vaguely recall the game getting DLC for it or something.

Did you buy a Playstation Move? Did you regret doing so?

I hope that wherever he is, Jeremy is still doing a great job.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Playstation Move: the place for Hardcore Games

I played Sports Champions once at a Best Buy. (They had PS Move and Kinect stations side by side in the holiday that they launched.) I thought it was alright (as was the Kinect), but the software library wasn't there for either of them

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say I did not buy a Playstation Move but I did. I worked at Best Buy at the time and I bought it and used it on Killzone 3 for a couple of days before returning it.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I bought a ps move when it was discounted just for the light gun games, too bad its awful with accuracy and the reticle will often start to drift.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
But did this video convince you?

I never bought one, it never really felt like Sony truly believed in the product. I guess it was hard to ignore motion controls with the Wii doing so well. I seem to remember a Kevin Butler commercial where they poked fun at motion controls with dongle controls... and then sometime after that they announced Playstation Move.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I only ever considered getting Move controllers when I bought PSVR and even then it didn't seem worth it

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I remember really wanting one when I was younger because I thought that Sorcery game looked sick

I dodged a bullet lmao

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is where is Milo? It's been 11 years. He's probably already graduated college.

Sep 19, 2020
Aside from the PSVR bundle? No.

None of the PS Move titles looks remotely interesting to me, and then oh no I guess I wanna play Job Simulator.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a Playstation Move but did not regret it. Specifically because of Sports Champions, which I got a ton of use out of. Loved playing Bocce and Frisbee Golf with my family, and loved playing Ping Pong myself.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Bought it late, and loved it. Played tons and tons of Rail shooters with it.

That being said, I didn't find much use for it outside of that, nor did I really want to, I am not really into motion controls.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
jeremy-renner-amazon-store.png

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I never bought any of the PS Move stuff. I was lucky enough to work at a small game store chain during those years and was able to try most of it out with trades that came in.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I bought Moves for Killzone 3, used them for a handful of matches and dropped them. Regretted that purchase for years. Once the PSVR dropped and I realized I had saved $100 by digging out those dusty glowing love wands from my closet, the regret turned to gratitude.

That said, as VR controllers, they still fucking sucked.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a set, but I can't for the life of me remember why exactly. Maybe some sort of integration with Little Big Planet? I didn't get much use out of them.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a set and enjoyed a lot of the games. Or I played a few of the games and enjoyed them a lot. Either way, I was never disappointed with my purchase. Bocce Ball was the shit!

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
When the Move was announced I said "patch support into Portal 2 and I'll buy it." Eventually Valve patched Move support into Portal 2 and I still never bought a Move lol.

Still, at least it wasn't the Kinect.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Bought a PSVR and wanted proper controllers, refused to pay the rip off price for the moves. Without them I missed out on a few titles that I wanted to play. Hopefully those games are compatible with PSVR 2.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Sports Champions was genuinely a fantastic game.

Zero regrets for all the fun I had with my family playing that game.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I bought one at launch for Sport Champions and honestly that game is super solid. Enjoyed that alone so much that it was worth it to me. Other stuff like Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Tumble and Resistance 3 were great, and PSVR was the eventual cherry on top. I wish there were more great Move games at the time, because it was honestly a really solid piece of tech that worked super well.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
latest

i did not buy one for my house
i did not share one with a mouse
i didn't want one, internet friend
it's just a stick with a ball on the end

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Bocce in Sports Champions felt really good at the time. And Johann Sebastian Joust will forever rule as the only really good combination of motion controls and light bulb use (though you honestly needed a MacOS computer to get the most out of that game). That's about it.

They really should've standardized the joystick version of the Move wand. Instead, that model was sunsetted *just* as PSVR began gaining steam.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a PS Move solely to play No More Heroes PS3 with motion controls and what a miserable experience that was.

Sports Champions was pretty rad though

Markew

Oct 27, 2017
I will proudly admit I was at the GameStop midnight launch with like one other person.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
They are shit. Got them for light gun games on PS3. Best thing about them was the trigger. Wished the DS3 had them. Used Move with my PSVR later. Too inaccurate and needing constant recalibration for serious VR gaming, hated how blurry it was anyway. Sold my VR, will wait for a better version.

I hate the stupid button placement on Move. Why couldn't Sony put the symbol buttons in the same position as on the traditional controller. I can't get used to it after years of where they are on the Dual shock and it fucks me over every time.

They are chunky and have poor battery life, like 3-4 hours, take as long to charge and drain while stored so need a charge every time I go to use them. I'll keep them for if I ever want to play Time Crisis 4 and House of the Dead 3, 4, Overkill again. But if it was not for them or if I could use the DS3's six axis instead, I'd bin them, mostly terrible controllers. I'd only get $10 if I sold them to someone getting late into the PSVR game. PS5 VR will have better controllers and probably be back compat with PS4 VR, so Move's are super dead.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
You have no idea how pumped I was when I found out the 2 moves I bought and barley used had life again due to psvr

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
What would the motion control landscape look like today if a Ringfit Adventure and Beat Sabre type game came out on the PS3?

Oct 25, 2017
House of the Dead 3/4 ports made a Move+Sharpshooter worth it. More comfortable and or easier to use gun controls vs the guns that came on the cabinets, but w/ a tracking tradeoff that had more drift than a cabinet.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I did not. I was tempted to pick up a couple of move controllers and a camera around Dreams' Early Access release because trying to model with the controller had some annoying quirks but they were really hard to find. Instead I just fell off trying to create in Dreams.

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
I bought like four of them really cheap from pawn shops to use on rail shooters. Totally worth it. Then I bought the PSVR bundle and now I have six of them. Only one navigation controller though.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I got a move and nav, barely ever used it on PS3 but PSVR I use it and works. I obviously got rid of the navs a long time ago.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Bought it out of curiosity, only played a few rounds of that ping pong game with it. Decent accuracy iirc.

It wasn't expensive, but still, I totally regretted it.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Sports Champions on PS3 had the best implementation of motion controls across the entire generation. Table Tennis, Frisby and Bocce were incredibly well implemented.