• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

The sax on the last one is so good. Why did this series have to die

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely! The OSTs for these games are beautiful.

Old Town is by far my favorite track of all of this generation:

It's just so uplifting and peaceful. I would fly around just to hear it.

Lei Havina is up there too.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Rush 2's version is good, but there's something about the original Pleasure Quarter I'm really into.

Oct 25, 2017
The music is superb. I can't wait to play Gravity Rush 2, hopefully later this year.

It feels just as cozy as the game itself.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
There's a lot of great tracks on it, especially 2. Same composer as Diebuster/Aim for the Top 2.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I have very mix feeling about the game, so beautiful such a work of art but all side quests sucks. Even main quest are kind of meh. Toyama please give us new siren.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Both games have AMAZING soundtracks, although the first one's a little superior imo. But yeah, if there's one thing you don't forget after playing Gravity Rush, it's the music. Kouhei Tanaka is a virtuoso.

I wish we could get a third game just for the new batch of wonderful music alone.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
The mix of sweeping orchestration, with big band anime superhero themes, and jazzy subdued mood setting tracks gives the game such a unique flair. Add the art design on top of that and it all comes together to make this weird 1930s alternate dimension "Hollywood, France" vibe that's just unlike anything else in games. It really commits to the Euro comic book tone in a way that makes something as widespread as the Gravity Rush 1 cover key art remain evocative to this day.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
People don't give it enough appreciation because they didn't buy it.

Also the best OST in GR2:

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame the OST from the first game isn't available digitally (iTunes, Spotify, PSN, ...). While both games have great music, the OST from the first game is still my favourite. I loved that soundtrack.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Fun fact: the composer, Kohei Tanaka, is the same as Alundra's, and he's a very prolific composer outside of games (mostly anime).

I actually recognized his style by playing the game somehow, even though Alundra's OST is very different, I forget which song exactly, but one song had one tiny bit that really reminded me of Alundra, so while I was playing I asked my SO to look up the composer and see if it wasn't the Alundra guy by any chance. He was skeptical, but then went "WTF it's him, how the hell did you know" lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
sooo good. I'm still torn if this or OG Discovery of Gravitation is my favorite track from the series

A new Gravity Rush thread ? I'm in !

Blah blah blah amazing game, astonishing music, gorgeous art.

1e08c925d8dae697d4931ac78e77bc198cdb6eec_hq.gif

People don't give it enough appreciation because they didn't buy it.
tenor.gif

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Fun fact: the composer, Kohei Tanaka, is the same as Alundra's, and he's a very prolific composer outside of games (mostly anime).

I actually recognized his style by playing the game somehow, even though Alundra's OST is very different, I forget which song exactly, but one song had one tiny bit that really reminded me of Alundra, so while I was playing I asked my SO to look up the composer and see if it wasn't the Alundra guy by any chance. He was skeptical, but then went "WTF it's him, how the hell did you know" lol

His work on Resonance of Fate is also fantastic. He's also composing the upcoming Sakura Taisen game (since that's actually the series he started on). His music is so multilayered and relaxing.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
2017 had some absolutely fantastic game soundtracks... and Gravity Rush 2 was the best.

Most of my favourites have already been posted but I'll add another:

el oh el

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 1, 2019
Yep, both had god tier soundtracks. I wish the series was more successful...😭

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
You're a beast, OP! First song I think of when GR pops in my head is Lei Havina and that's the very first track you link! You know exactly what you're doing lol.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Heck yeah, Tanaka's OSTs are always stellar. His work on One Piece and Resonance of fate are amongst my favorites in anime/video games. Can't wait to hear what he composes for the next Sakura Wars.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved it. First time you go into the red light district or the city is so good.

Now I am thinking of playing the games again and being sad we might never get a sequel...

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Once in awhile, I'll play Gravity Rush just to casually float around Hekseville and Jirga Para Lhao. Locations and music are great