• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I should replay this game again - I find myself missing it lately...

Then again, it probably won't be the same without online servers...

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm also about to play it again. But first I'll replay (for the sixth time or so) the first one.

About the servers, if I start a new save in GR2, do I get the dusty tokens rewars if I got them in the other save? Or would the new save start (and stay) at 0?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm also about to play it again. But first I'll replay (for the sixth time or so) the first one.

About the servers, if I start a new save in GR2, do I get the dusty tokens rewars if I got them in the other save? Or would the new save start (and stay) at 0?

I read that it is tied to account. One of the strategies for Dusty Farming was to use multiple new games since you can repeat dailies this way and "Total Dusty Token" is stored across the account and not a single game.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I read that it is tied to account. One of the strategies for Dusty Farming was to use multiple new games since you can repeat dailies this way and "Total Dusty Token" is stored across the account and not a single game.
That's good to hear, at least. I'll definitely start a new game then, instead of just replaying the missions, so that I'll reexperience the side quests.
I may or may not end up regretting replaying some of those quests.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The question now is if a new save would copy tokens from an existing save, or if it was expecting to be able to poll the server to know how many tokens you've earned.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I have started a new save and I managed to get my Dusty Tokens back. It doesn't work straight away, I had to load the previous save and then go back to the new one and I got all the rewards. I did do it after unlocking the camera, but I'd imagine it would work beforehand too.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I think I like the one from the first game a bit more, despite it being a bit simpler overall.
Also, I read the prices and did the conversion wrong, I didn't realise how expensive they are.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I DESPISE the Rift Hunter trophy. I legit turn on the game around 4 times a day, at different time points, BUT I JUST CAN'T GET THE LAST GRAVITATIONAL PHENOMEN TO SPAWN.

Its always Mining Site No.13 or Torluga Reed or whatever that spawns, every time... God what an annoying piece of shit trophy, I've had every other trophy for about 9 days now and I've turned the game on 2-5 times every day since

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Didn't you do them while playing the game? I don't remember having issues with that trophy (or any trophy in this game, the most annoying part was farming Gems).

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
As I'm approaching the end of my replay, I was wondering if it would be best to replay the DLC before or after the last stretch of the game. I can't quite recall, but I think the end of the main game was a better ending overall.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
As I'm approaching the end of my replay, I was wondering if it would be best to replay the DLC before or after the last stretch of the game. I can't quite recall, but I think the end of the main game was a better ending overall.
I think play the DLC first. GR2's ending is stronger than the DLC's. If nothing else, we spent two games building up to this ending.

Timeline wise the DLC fits after Gravity Rush and before Gravity Rush 2. The animated overture is also after the DLC but before Gravity Rush 2.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I think play the DLC first. GR2's ending is stronger than the DLC's. If nothing else, we spent two games building up to this ending.

Timeline wise the DLC fits after Gravity Rush and before Gravity Rush 2. The animated overture is also after the DLC but before Gravity Rush 2.
Yeah, that's what Ithought. I remember being a bit mostly confused after finishing the DLC, while I was very satisfied overall after finishing the game. I'll probably get to chapter 20, then play the DLC, then go back and finish the campaign once again.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
That video is wild. Switching to Lunar, and then immediately back to Jupiter for those super sharp turns is genius, and something I probably never would have thought of.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Here's Sliding Race 2 from the same player:

There's a ton more in this channel too, which seems solely devoted to recording GR2 challenges.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
lmao his Time Limit Grab run is over 23 minutes long, and only stops because there's a hard cap on how many points you can earn

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't touched the game since the servers went offline. Fired it up to trudge through some side-missions so I can level up for Delvool dives to unlock Raven for the glitch.

This game is pure joy.
Ndm4BbX.gif

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'll have to give that a try next time I boot up the game. Though I have recently replayed it, so it probably won't be that soon.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I just completed the main story last night and I plan on going through the DLC tonight. What a great game! There was definitely a few frustrating moments much like GR1, but it's difficult to stay mad at such a wonderful game.

It really pisses me off that Sony failed to market this game properly. Kat is such a great character and Sony squandered an opportunity to let her become one of their big mascots.

Anyways, I know GR2 ended with it being the end of Kat's journey, but I really hope that's not really the case.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I just completed the main story last night and I plan on going through the DLC tonight. What a great game! There was definitely a few frustrating moments much like GR1, but it's difficult to stay mad at such a wonderful game.

It really pisses me off that Sony failed to market this game properly. Kat is such a great character and Sony squandered an opportunity to let her become one of their big mascots.

Anyways, I know GR2 ended with it being the end of Kat's journey, but I really hope that's not really the case.
As always, I have to ask if you saw the credits scroll once or twice. lol

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know there were mods for this game. Not that I have a PS4 that would support them anyway.
I think most of these (if not all) are from save file editors (services).
Save editing only gets you stuff like
The Other and her queen outfit
Anything else requires a jailbroken PS4.
I really get on this game at least once a month to just fly around JPL
Everyday for me lol.
2ByZWhP.png

I want it! Can you actually play through the story like that? Can you play as Lisa with the hat?
*falls through the sky towards Google*
Yes to both.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I finally worked through my backlog to GR2 and damn this game is incredible. I went in with low expectations and it's easily one of my top games this gen. I regret not starting it before the servers went down but it doesn't seem like I missed out on too much. There better be a third and Sony better not fuck up the marketing again.