• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

First time playing GTA V?

• Yes

Votes: 283 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 809 74.1%

• Total voters

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I been trying to play GTA V and for some reason its windowed and not full screen. Anyone know what I should do?
I can't move the mouse out of the window either.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
So how indicative is the built in benchmark of average game performance? Also, anyone else here rocking a 2070 Super find settings that are appropriate at 1440p? I have everything maxed out except for MSAA and performance seems great so far, but I'm not sure if that'll change.

It stinks that most mods aren't compatible though. I downloaded it primarily to try out the mods. I was able to use OpenIV to update some texture though.

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Any idea why it says that my account is unable to download any more free games?
Is that a region thing?

Edit: It worked fine now, weird...

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Really lame that they only allowed temporary character transfers a few years ago. Would have loved to transfer my PS4 character over now that they've given this version away.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
So how indicative is the built in benchmark of average game performance? Also, anyone else here rocking a 2070 Super find settings that are appropriate at 1440p? I have everything maxed out except for MSAA and performance seems great so far, but I'm not sure if that'll change.

It stinks that most mods aren't compatible though. I downloaded it primarily to try out the mods. I was able to use OpenIV to update some texture though.

RTX 2080 1440p

FXAA on, 2xMSAA, no nvidia TXAA, shadows on softest, grass detail on very high (ultra causes very inconsistent framerates in the grassy areas), post fx very high, rest on ultra/maxed out

As for advanced settings, I just go halfway on extended distance scaling, as I find it helps with some of the LoD pop in. I leave the rest off or on 0, as I didn't find them to have any particular visual impact though I generally don't care for shadows that much and some of those settings are focused on that.

I get mostly 80-110 fps this way

Last edited:

flobber

Nov 1, 2019
Every time I try to login to the Rockstar Launcher and go through the CAPTCHA I get the message "Your computer or network may be sending automated queries, try again later". I've tried 5 times now over the past two days...

Anyone else had the same issue? I haven't had this problem with captcha's before.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have any intention of playing through the game again, but might want to mess around for a bit and see how it runs on my new PC - is there any way to import complete save games that have been made by people on the other PC versions to work in the Epic version? I've already tried downloading one and dropping the save games into the relevant folder but the game didn't recognise that it was there.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Really lame that they only allowed temporary character transfers a few years ago. Would have loved to transfer my PS4 character over now that they've given this version away.
Wait wut we can't do that? Shieeet my character is tuck on PS4. Fuck!

Welp. No point in trying this out then. Certainly not grinding all of that again.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Installed EGS to give GTA V a try. 1st time running the game worked until I got to the house after stealing a car then it crashed. Since then it got stuck at loading during story mode. After that the game stopped launching.
Tried a few fixes from the google search but never worked. Any easy fix that i missed or should i just move on?

I tried changing priorities in task manager. Verify. re-install. run as administrator. run with compatibility. Probably a few mroe things that i forgot.

My PC is I7-6700k, 1070 ,16GB ram.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, i lost 32 gigabytes downloading.
sometimes it does, sometimes not..sttarted he download a first time, closed it after 5 gb and tthe day after they were gone..started yesterday but had to stop at 25% beause the download speed was simply awful and i was worried that i had to restart from 0 again this morning, instead it started back from 25% this time

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
2xMSAA will half my framerate on my 1060 in some scenes. FXAA is a locked 75hz though. The flickering is really harsh though.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I can't get into this fucking game. The captcha is god awful and gave me an error 3 times in a row.

EDIT: now it's saying my computer is sending automated queries so I can't login for now.... fuck this

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Appreciate the freebie but this has been so poor an experience just getting GR Wildlands. Won't link up with Uplay and can't even play the game.

Annoyed doesn't begin to convey my thoughts.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Still can't launch GTA lol, I managed to reach the very last screen of that godawful social club thing but then got an error screen again. These big companies and their weird obsession with their own launchers and "social clubs" and whatnot are just baffling.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Still can't launch GTA lol, I managed to reach the very last screen of that godawful social club thing but then got an error screen again. These big companies and their weird obsession with their own launchers and "social clubs" and whatnot are just baffling.

Try launching from social club right away instead of from epic

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a Youtube ad promoting this, even translated into Danish. I wonder how much this cost Epic all in all.