• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

First time playing GTA V?

• Yes

Votes: 283 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 809 74.1%

• Total voters

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played this so naturally I nabbed it.

That said my PC probably isn't up to the task.

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm trying to use a dualshock 4 to play gta v on my pc, but for some reason there seems to be some input delay? Like when I hold down R2 to shoot, I'd have to hold it down for a couple seconds before it starts shooting. Sometimes it won't even respond and I'd have to mash on r2 to get it to register. It also only seems that there is a delay with the shoot button. Movement and everything else seems good. I've tried using DS4windows and I've tried without it but the issue still persists. Keyboard and mouse is 100% fine and responsive however. Any idea what the issue is??

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yes I do and I've got the confirmation now. It's not working with the Epic Games version.

xndEu2G.jpg
welp, there we go

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
During the last hours, i noticed many new human bots with nothing at all playing Fortnine. Hmm...

Of course, millions of EGS account were created during that period and now Epic got more Fortnite clients. Really very smart from them.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
Damn, after finally being able to download the damn thing, I neither receive the password reset nor the new Account confirmation for the Motherfucking Social Club.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
For anyone who downloaded this game on Steam and want to play on EGS version you don't need to redownload just copy over the Steam GTA V files over to EGS and it works

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So just to confirm, no mods will work on the EGS version? I tried to use the mod manager, which then crashed, and the game then said it needed to be activated... So I've uninstalled the lot and now redownloading!

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I really wonder why would anyone want to do that.
For my situation explained to someone before here
GTA V does not allow gameshare on same PC even, i got GTA V on my account on Steam but my bros on their own Steam account can't play it which sucks ..

So thanks to Epic every user can just redeeem their own GTA V on their own account free :D

No point me having both Steam and EGS versions of GTA V downloaded waste of space i'll just keep EGS version which multiple users on my PC will use

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Wait no mod support for this version? oh well it's not like I was gonna play it soon. Hopefully they'll be added later.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no mod support really sucks, only reason I did it was to play around with custom cars lol.

oh well, just have to wait and see if it gets added.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone find a way to have a game from the Epic store launch as a Steam shortcut or something?

Short version is I'd like to open up the game on Big Picture Mode with a single button press, if possible.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone find a way to have a game from the Epic store launch as a Steam shortcut or something?

Short version is I'd like to open up the game on Big Picture Mode with a single button press, if possible.
Depends on the game. Try adding as a normal non-Steam game, just point it to the executable. That doesn't always work, in which case you have to get creative.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Yes you will get coupons. As I said Epic is trying to make people spend money on the store.

May bad I was expressing myself wrong. Yeah you can have 1 coupon at the time but you will get new one if you used your old one.

The Epic store gave one coupon to everyone. You could claim it on the page, or it was given automatically when you bought a game. When people claimed GTA, the store gave them the coupon.

I claimed it on the page, then I got GTA, and I didn't get another coupon.

So no reason to think they will give a coupon for claiming free games when you have already claimed your "free" coupon.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
That damn "Social Club" thing from Rockstar was a pain in the ass to setup. But wow I'm finally playing GTAV! Never did before. I'm able to max out much of the graphics since I have a 2060 Super and boy the game looks amazing as it is.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That damn "Social Club" thing from Rockstar was a pain in the ass to setup. But wow I'm finally playing GTAV! Never did before. I'm able to max out much of the graphics since I have a 2060 Super and boy the game looks amazing as it is.

tell me about it! I had to do that damn captcha about 7 times to log in. Frustrating as hell.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
still haven't gotten a fucking mail

8 hours later.

and having to input the captcha everytime..

jesus rockstar..what is wrong with you.

KingTrainJumper

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2020
When I launch the EGS, I get stuck on a screen saying "Preparing the Epic Games Launcher". Is this happening to anyone else?

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
Well I have officially given up on trying to play this game and am about to uninstall. Still not being able to log into rock star social club and I cannot click on that damn captcha anymore

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Someone please tell me that once we make it past the captcha that we never ever again have to do that to play the damn game. I'll happily play the PS3 version if it means I never have to click a fucking crosswalk every time I want to play.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone please tell me that once we make it past the captcha that we never ever again have to do that to play the damn game. I'll happily play the PS3 version if it means I never have to click a fucking crosswalk every time I want to play.

nope you have to do it again. I clicked stay logged in, and remember details, the next time I ran it I had to do the damn captcha again.

Maybe its not all the time , but I've had to do it twice today.

CROSSWALK
FIRE HYDRANT
BUS
TRAFFIC LIGHT

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The captcha is really ridiculous, it's one of those where it keeps popping new images in the grid when you click it and as if that's not annoying enough the transitions are really slow at times.

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
You might be able to get some mods working with FiveM. It includes a single player client that has its own plugin functionality. Install .asi's in the application data/plugin folder. The simple trainer worked, not sure about anything else though.