• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

First time playing GTA V?

• Yes

Votes: 283 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 809 74.1%

• Total voters

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
So I just got AC Origins with the 10$ from free GTA and it literally wont let install it because I have never linked my UBI account. Also wont let me link my UBI account.
I just bought that too using a coupon for the base game and then the season pass. Pretty much the Gold Edition for $11, i don't see that price happening elsewhere anytime soon so thought why not.

I hope they fix that linking issue ASAP because I don't believe i've ever done it on my account.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Remember two months ago when a bunch of people were like "WELL I GUESS NO MORE BIG GETS FOR EPIC, MONEY MUST BE DRYING UP"

yeah
I don't know why people would ever think Epic would have money issues. Now they are going to be making even more with that Unreal 5 presentation. I wonder how well they will be doing in the film industry. Normal TV shows using UE4+ for their easy access to CG tools?

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
If I already own the game on Steam, can I link the EGS version to the same Rockstar account and get the premium bonuses?

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up doing it via the website instead of the launcher.
If anyone is still having issues try that.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a $10 credit when getting a free game is ludicrous. I like it, but it's ludicrous.
I think it's to get around their first sale mess up with game publishers not being happy about the discounts. This way they are giving people $10 to spend how they wish on games over a certain amount, so no publisher probably have a problem with it.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
the cupom can only be used once?
I think you get one per 14.99 spent. I think that's how it worked last time.
WE GIVE YOU ANOTHER $10 EPIC COUPON AFTER EVERY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE
Use the $10 Epic Coupon to buy an eligible game or add-on of $14.99 or more on the store (during the promotional period) and you'll receive another $10 Epic Coupon. Note: Coupons expire on November 1st, 2:59 AM EST.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only played the prologue and first couple of missions on PS4, but I stopped because I wanted to wait for the PC release. I bought it on Steam but was never able to play it. Apparently I did something stupid with my Steam and Rockstar accounts after GTA IV. I think I did a fresh Windows Install, then never reinstalled GTA IV, then forgot/lost my Rockstar password and didn't remember what email I registered it with because I used a really old email account that I don't use anymore and also lost the password for. Then I forgot all about it, and created a new Rockstar account when I bought GTA V. Then I tried to link my Steam profile with it, but couldn't because it was linked to the old Rockstar account from when I bought IV. I emailed Rockstar support and they basically said tough shit; they would not unlink my Steam account. So gave up and never played it further. So thanks Epic!

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
The game finished downloading. I played GTA5 when it launched on PS3 lol. I can't believe how much better the game feels with a mouse and keyboard. The FPS mode is legit. Shooting enemies actually feels good unlike on consoles.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Do you actually own this game if you download it here?

I don't have a capable pc but I will in the future. Can I just add it to my account for later on?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I only want claim it, but I guess I will download the client too.
You could wait until the middle of the week while the rush is died down. You'd have to make sure you don't forget though.

I don't have a capable pc but I will in the future. Can I just add it to my account for later on?
Yes. Claim all the games, and you can do it via the web site on any device. Store up the treasures for whenever. So far they gave away 80 games I think.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think what bothers me most is no game reviews and a real lack of proper filtering. I haven't been able to find a way to properly filter anything in this damn store but I haven't tried too hard either. It's just so obvious in steam :(

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
You can only buy 1 game / DLC at a time. You cannot break purchases "smartly".
you can if each one is over the threshold. for example, Assassin't Creed Odyssey.
Gold Edition id 43 CAD (with 1, 14CAD coupon)= 29 CAD

OR

Base game 26.40 CAD - 14 CAD (the threshold for new coupon is 21 CAD) 12.40
Season Pass 25 CAD - 14 CAD 11 CAD

Total is 23.4 CAD. Saving just under 6 more.

Doesn't work with Origins, because both base game and season pass are at 20 CAD, so just below the new coupon threshold.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish the coupon worked on pre-orders. Only thing I really want out of EGS is Tony Hawk.

You don't even have to download it. Just put it in your cart and order it.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Just got GTA V and Witcher 3 GOTY for $5.

Hope eventually single player mod support fixes can be figured out by the community for GTA V.

Also email 2-factor authorization works just fine. No need to use the app/SMS choice if you don't want Epic knowing your phone number.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the last sale they gave you a $10 coupon after each $15 purchase, is that the case with this sale too? Already got the $10 coupon for GTA which I've owned on Steam for years now.

Lots of Ubisoft games I want to grab or even double dip a few.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a limit to how many vouchers you can get? Already used on Witcher 3, think on using the next one on John Wick.

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
Getting very frustrated, I can't sign into the rockstar launcher but I am able to sign into the website! I even reset my password but still nothing on the launcher just keeps saying "Email not found or password invalid" Any ideas?

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If I already own the game on Steam, can I link the EGS version to the same Rockstar account and get the premium bonuses?

Apparently. Haven't done it yet but all you need to do is run GTA through EGS and you're set to go, although it may be more prudent to copy and paste your existing install directory through the EGS installer otherwise you're looking to have two copies of GTA downloaded on your computer at once.

Here's a reddit post I found about it:

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Sacul64 Maybe you figured it out already, to link Uplay in the Epic launcher I had to sign out and back in. Then it worked.

Ok this is what i wanted to know. I bought a Uplay game on Epic and after linking it allows me to simply use the Uplay app to install and play. No need for the extra Epic Games launcher since it'll use Uplay anyway.

Does it work for Rockstar? Can i just use that launcher to natively play GTA V after linking?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Sacul64 Maybe you figured it out already, to link Uplay in the Epic launcher I had to sign out and back in. Then it worked.

Ok this is what i wanted to know. I bought a Uplay game on Epic and after linking it allows me to simply use the Uplay app to install and play. No need for the extra Epic Games launcher since it'll use Uplay anyway.

Does it work for Rockstar? Can i just use that launcher to natively play GTA V after linking?
On the Rockstar Game Launcher it just says Play on Epic, then starts EGS to launch GTA5.

Geeklat

Feb 13, 2018
For some reason the game refuses to save any graphic settings and keeps booting on lowest possible settings. GeForce Experience won't recognize the game and I can't seem to get it to maintain the settings after changing. So I guess I just won't play. At least it was free.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
UkWuxU7.jpg

I downloaded the game, and the first thing I did was making some carnage.

I enjoyed like 4 hours of this alone...

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I've created a Crew and Discord server for anyone that wants to play GTA Online.

Public lobbys can be troublesome due to griefers and hackers, hopefully we'll be able to create a nice enviroment for everyone to get a nice feel of the game!

Crew - Mecha Tech

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.