• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

First time playing GTA V?

• Yes

Votes: 283 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 809 74.1%

• Total voters

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I already bought this game 3 times (PS3, PS4 and Steam), but since they are giving a coupon, i grabbed it in EGS as well. I'm thinking of getting Trials Rising.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Store was working just fine for me in browser.

Now says 403 forbidden

So many cheap Ubi games, I suspect they'll lose a lot of money.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
essential mods list

btw i would recommend using a mod manager so you don't get banned trying to go online with these as they're script hook based

Crime and Police Rebalance & Enhancement - absolute game changer, vanilla police AI in the game is BOOTY, this completely fixes things so you don't get an instant 5 star wanted level for pushing a can over and makes the game fun again. literally would not bother playing SP without this

Menyoo PC [Single-Player Trainer Mod] - if you want to fuck around with cheats, spawn cars in, change weather/time, weapons etc etc, fun times :)

VisualV - GTA V is kind of an old game at this point and looks a bit dated in places but this mod really helps to breathe new life into it graphics wise

NaturalVision Remastered - the most popular graphics mod. combine visualv with naturalvision to get some interesting results.

GTA FOV - self-explanatory, default fov in first person mode is TRASH

Euphoria Ragdoll Overhaul - E.R.O - god i don't evne know where to start with this one, just download it, makes the game so much fucking better

L.A. Roads + L.A. Roads Patch [Add-On] - texture mod for roads (duh), looks very good when you combine it with naturalvision and visualv

Mobile Radio - not really essential, but i like being able to listen to music outside of cars

i cba making a tutorial on how to install all of these but if you go on YT, you'll be able to find a few.

Great list!

I'll also add Real California Architecture and mention that NaturalVision Remastered is getting a new beta release tomorrow (The current one is outdated).

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I knew holding off was the smart thing to do

3HieXji.png

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
essential mods list

btw i would recommend using a mod manager so you don't get banned trying to go online with these as they're script hook based

Crime and Police Rebalance & Enhancement - absolute game changer, vanilla police AI in the game is BOOTY, this completely fixes things so you don't get an instant 5 star wanted level for pushing a can over and makes the game fun again. literally would not bother playing SP without this

Menyoo PC [Single-Player Trainer Mod] - if you want to fuck around with cheats, spawn cars in, change weather/time, weapons etc etc, fun times :)

VisualV - GTA V is kind of an old game at this point and looks a bit dated in places but this mod really helps to breathe new life into it graphics wise

NaturalVision Remastered - the most popular graphics mod. combine visualv with naturalvision to get some interesting results.

BeDmjVF.jpg

Euphoria Ragdoll Overhaul - E.R.O - god i don't evne know where to start with this one, just download it, makes the game so much fucking better

L.A. Roads + L.A. Roads Patch [Add-On] - texture mod for roads (duh), looks very good when you combine it with naturalvision and visualv

Mobile Radio - not really essential, but i like being able to listen to music outside of cars

i cba making a tutorial on how to install all of these but if you go on YT, you'll be able to find a few.

okayyyyyy

I was looking into this as I'm playing through the single player, is it recommended to use NaturalVision since the page says its outdated? Any other gfx mods are you recommend?

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Does it have cross-save with the Steam version?

If I started playing on Epic, then got the game on Steam, could I transfer my save and earn achievements on Steam?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
ill be honest, if this is your first time playing - id just stick to the original graphics. The game still looks great (just go easy on the grass detail and post fx quality, 2 fps killer even on todays hw)

the cop mod is pretty essential though, if you want to fuck around in free roam

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Heads up: unlike the previous coupon from the holiday sale this one actually works with DLC! Finally able to nab the Control season pass.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, I now have about 102 free games on EGS. I wonder how much money I saved over the last year or so

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Managed to get it...at least, I think I did.

Already have it on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but I have been curious to see how it runs on my PC, and free is a great price.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wow, I did not expected this to basically run 60fps on my laptop with almost all settings on max.
Crazy when something like Pillars of Eternity 2 is almost always in the 30-40 range, lol.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I think Epic's servers must be getting hammered or something. Am excited to see how this runs on my slightly upgraded PC compared to the PS4 Pro version I've played through previously.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Wow, I did not expected this to basically run 60fps on my laptop with almost all settings on max.
Crazy when something like Pillars of Eternity 2 is almost always in the 30-40 range, lol.

Mind sharing your specs? I have a capable desktop but i'm curious if my laptop can run it as well.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Sweet, I have an entry level workstation laptop but hopefully it's good enough to enjoy this

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Mind sharing your specs? I have a capable desktop but i'm curious if my laptop can run it as well.

i5-8300H 2.30GHz (8 CPUs) ~2.3GHz 16GB ram with nvidia GeForce GTX 1050.

It weirdly drops a bit here and there in cutscenes but driving with fullspeed through the city was f'n locked so far. I'm impressed. Will a try around a few more settings and see what I can push. :)

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Might have to wait a day or two for the excitement to die down I guess. Steam crashes as well when sales go live but the client usually normalises in a few hours.

Sort of a bummer because I was hoping to put it on download tonight so that it'll be playable by tomorrow night.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
essential mods list

BeDmjVF.jpg

okayyyyyy

Thanks a lot

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Well it's probably a loss leader. I am sure their boffins are making sure Epic comes out on top at the end of the day. I wouldn't worry too much about them.
Oh, I'm not. I've been grabbing their freebies, and now that they're not gouging me with USD prices in Canada, I'm okay with giving them money for non-exclusive titles. Crazy discounts are a bonus for the consumer.

Now, if only I could get on the store, lol

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Might have to wait a day or two for the excitement to die down I guess. Steam crashes as well when sales go live but the client usually normalises in a few hours.

Sort of a bummer because I was hoping to put it on download tonight so that it'll be playable by tomorrow night.
Ha! Finally got it.............on the German store somehow.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Damn wish Odyssey Gold was the same price as PSN that would have been a killer deal. Undecided which way i should go, on one hand I like playing long games on my console on the other i heard the load times are crap on PS4.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I don't even know why i'm trying to get it, i've played it on 360, PS3 and already have it on PS4! Somethings wrong with me.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
essential mods list

BeDmjVF.jpg

okayyyyyy

if You install a car as DLC and not replacing another car does that car spawn randomly and will the pedestrians be driving around in them? How does it work? So say if I was to add 10 different cars would they all just randomly appear in traffic/parked up around the world?