• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

First time playing GTA V?

• Yes

Votes: 283 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 809 74.1%

• Total voters

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain

My laptop can barely run Fallout 4, so this one is out of the question. But hey, keep the free games train coming, Epic.

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
BNY4nx.gif

Aw yiss
Motha fuckin
Bread crumbs

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Epic offered some really good games for free previously, but GTA V is huge in every single aspect. Kudos to them.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Pssssh don't say that around here. Apparently Epic killed Era's Cat or something.

Yeah lets just act like Epic has the best interests of pc gamers at heart 😂😂😂

Or that there are no legitimate grievances against Hypocrite Tim Sweeney

Or that people dont want tk use their shitty store

No Epic killed Era's cat 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah lets just act like Epic has the best interests of pc gamers at heart 😂😂😂

Or that there are no legitimate grievances against Hypocrite Tim Sweeney

Or that people dont want tk use their shitty store

No Epic killed Era's cat 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Shitty store with more an hundred of free games.
Very shitty.yes.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Pretty huge. I'm still not a huge fan of Epic's business model of exclusivity but this is definitely one way to get people to use your platform.

dodo021

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Epic wants to take the GTA RP player base.
I hope this "F2P" phase will not destroy GTA Online with cheaters.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares of features ? It's a simply launcher that permit me to legally play an hundred of free games.
This features can't be associate with shitty.
I care about features that I use every day on Steam that Epic still hasn't added.
You don't give a shit, fine. But don't try and agrue that the Epic store isn't lacking.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I
Well buying timed exclusivity sucks regardless of who does it. This isn't just an EGS thing. Remember the vitriol when Microsoft did this with Tomb Raider?

Also isn't EGS still lacking many of the features of Steam? That's an honest question, I don't pay much attention.

But, one thing is for sure, as long as Epic are handing out free games I'll grab them. At this stage though I'm not using the store to buy anything. That will change when the games they are actually funding come out (especially Playdeads game)

Did you just compare being forced to buy a different console to play a game to downloading a different free launcher? Lol

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
I have now several free games to play because of Epic, and I haven't even bought a single one on their store.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well buying timed exclusivity sucks regardless of who does it. This isn't just an EGS thing. Remember the vitriol when Microsoft did this with Tomb Raider?

Also isn't EGS still lacking many of the features of Steam? That's an honest question, I don't pay much attention.

But, one thing is for sure, as long as Epic are handing out free games I'll grab them. At this stage though I'm not using the store to buy anything. That will change when the games they are actually funding come out (especially Playdeads game)

I've never really understood the allegiance to steam. Before steam games just launched without a launcher. Modern machines running a launching in the background doesn't impact performance. EGS has cloud save now for most games. That was the main annoying thing they were missing before.

With the advent of discord I don't see how it matters what launcher you launch a game through. Whether it's steam, gog, egs, orgin, uplay.

Who cares.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
A 7 year old game everyone I know already has on Steam, is the best lil' Timmy moneybags can do? lol.

On the topic of EGS as a whole, as someone who can only buy video games using Steam gift cards, fuck EGS, hope it dies out the same way GFWL did. Walled gardens don't belong on PC, even MS realized that with GFWL.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I've never really understood the allegiance to steam. Before steam games just launched without a launcher. Modern machines running a launching in the background doesn't impact performance. EGS has cloud save now for most games. That was the main annoying thing they were missing before.

With the advent of discord I don't see how it matters what launcher you launch a game through. Whether it's steam, gog, egs, orgin, uplay.

Who cares.

I care.

The EGS is completely bare bones with zero information or help for the games they offer. On Steam if I run into an issue I can get my answer through Steam's community.

It's no different then a console gamer having a preference of Xbox Live over PSN. You can argue that they both are just to play games online, but for the people that use these services daily - there's a difference.

And that's just one of many things that sets Steam apart from everyone else.

Of course I'm still claiming all of the Epic freebies, but it'll never be my main launcher.