• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

First time playing GTA V?

• Yes

Votes: 283 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 809 74.1%

• Total voters

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I don't like it as a practice and I don't want it to become accepted in PC gaming.
Fair. could you define "Moneyhatting" for me? You have used it a couple times now. Googling it brings up paying large sums of cash to get an unfair advantage over someone. Using this definition, do exclusive games also fall under this? Nintendo did this type of thing with indie games for a while. Where they would be released on switch first, and other consoles later. Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion. But you didn't give any actual actual reason other than "you don't like it."...

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I own the game on PS3 and PS4, but sure, I will get it again, why not!
I wonder if this connects in some way to any potential Rockstar announcement or anything. Not expecting anything, but who knows.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
You can replace the word platform with service if it helps in making my point a bit clearer.
Sure it does, but it still makes no sense.

In my opinion that excuse is only valid if there is a big entry cost stopping you from getting the game. Say you have to buy a whole $400 console to play it because Sony/MS moneyhatted the exclusivity. This is not the same for PC at all.

I understand your point I just feel you are artificially holding yourself back from getting a decent game a $0 for reasons that don't add up.

Let's just leave it there since we will never agree on it.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Fair. could you define "Moneyhatting" for me? You have used it a couple times now. Googling it brings up paying large sums of cash to get an unfair advantage over someone. Using this definition, do exclusive games also fall under this? Nintendo did this type of thing with indie games for a while. Where they would be released on switch first, and other consoles later. Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion. But you didn't give any actual actual reason other than "you don't like it."...

I would be happy to elaborate but I don't want to derail the thread. If you do a search for other threads relating to EGS you'll find lots of my posts that go into detail on what you're asking.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I mean I guess it'll be cool to have on PC, since I only have it on 360 and Xbox One, but I will be kind of disappointed if this is the game they have been hyping up

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Great for anyone who still doesn't have it!

And this is why epic game store continues to be the best store imo

If the Win 10 store gave out all the same free games including this in the same timeframe, it makes 0 difference to the quality of the store and, imo, what defines the "best" store.
I'm sure if this was a console issue, the sentiment would be amusingly different, if say someone makes the same statement with regards to exclusive games as a definition of "best" store, when I similarly think this has nothing to do with the "store"

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I played this on console at launch, I'll gladly replay it for a few hours in 60fps

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They just shown off a shiny new engine why would they mention a 7 year old game randomly like that?
Loads of people literally looking at their faces. The fact that the Epic Games Store wasn't mentioned by name was very weird, and the fact that they decided against giving the cheapest of plugs (eg "hey, we're giving away a very cool game on the Epic Games Store tomorrow") does suggest to me that the mystery game isn't much.

Of course, it would neatly fit into the theory that Sony paid very good money to try to ensure the PS5 was the only gaming platform mentioned, but even then I would not be surprised if Sony didn't mind Epic plugging their own wares, in a similar manner to how their multiplayer SDK got announced.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Which energy drink maker I should invest into before cheaters stock up so they cans stay up for 7 days straight creating cheater accounts?

Smashed_Hulk

Jun 16, 2018
I'll believe it when i see it. I had it on ps3x xbone, but never got around to beating the game.
I'd definitely DL it on pc to play with an unlocked fps!

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
That would be insane, considering this game still sells like crazy last time I checked.

I bought it two years ago and it ran terribly on my i5-6600K @4.5GHz and 1080 Ti, installed on an SSD. There was still so much loading time and frequent stuttering that I ended up deleting it after playing it a couple times.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I played on console for years and don't really wanna restart. But I definitely would if it's free

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I still haven't actually even played through my copy of the game, but I'd rather play it through Epic than the Rockstar launcher.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah. I've been holding out.

Wish Steam did free games like this. I have a library of like 30 free games on EGS now.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, thinking back, this would explain why they pushed hard to require 2FA to claim free games.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool, PC is the only platform I don't own it for yet 😂.

i have it for 360, PS3, PS4 and Xbox One though. My collection is complete!!

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loads of people literally looking at their faces. The fact that the Epic Games Store wasn't mentioned by name was very weird, and the fact that they decided against giving the cheapest of plugs (eg "hey, we're giving away a very cool game on the Epic Games Store tomorrow") does suggest to me that the mystery game isn't much.

Of course, it would neatly fit into the theory that Sony paid very good money to try to ensure the PS5 was the only gaming platform mentioned, but even then I would not be surprised if Sony didn't mind Epic plugging their own wares, in a similar manner to how their multiplayer SDK got announced.
PS5 wasn't the only platform mentioned, and this is getting a buzz of its own. They can afford to focus on the engine today, and the store tomorrow.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Or, I don't know, maybe because that was a tech showcase and the target audience isn't people who shop on EGS. Just a thought.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah. I've been holding out.

Wish Steam did free games like this. I have a library of like 30 free games on EGS now.

Valve isn't' doing it because it's not sustainable to do so and they don't need to.
EGS is spending tens of millions for little return. (It's called user acquisition phase)

But still there's plenty of giveaways on Steam,
!but just not Valve sponsored and they aren't shouting about those every day everywhere.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
THat's cool. As of May 2019, GTAV had sold 110million copies. I actually wonder who *Doesn't* have it and is in the market for it. But a good cash cow for Rockstar, similar to RDR2 on Xbox GamePass, it just opens up that many more users for the online game.