• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I played GTA SA on Gamepass for a few hours and it seemed fine. Not to discount the actual issues the game has, because there are plenty, and the put me off of buying the trilogy, but my takeaway was that for like 90% of people the remasters were probably viewed as perfectly fine and got the job done, so I'm not surprised it sold well.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's depressing lmao. Crank out a broken remaster and people will still buy it on name recognition alone.

Right

Nov 24, 2017
Lol expected
I'll buy gta4 de day one if they can improve the gameplay and not fucked up anything else

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I bought it on day 1 twice! PS5 and Switch baby!
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Anyone know how the remaster holds up now? Have they patched out the the biggest issues? I'm looking to get it soon

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
To those who say "it could have sold more if they made it better" and the like need to take a second, matter of fact take 4, ask yourself why would they spend more time when the ROI is through the roof on this one.

Marketing: no State of Play or Nintendo Direct announcement
Rework: Minimal, likely minimal man hours too

On top of all this Xbox and Sony both paid to get one of the games from the collection on their subscription service.

This one is real profitable folks.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Take Two is the Goat.

Budget for this project was close to 0 dollars. 10 M sales with 0 effort --> Infinite ROI.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this publisher doesnt get bought out right? GTA is just way too big.

Keep in mind theres like ... 2 generations of people who have never played the original trilogy so anything would have been better than nothing to them.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
This is above the money Rockstar made from PS Now and GamePass deals.

Sickening.

I remember I was so hyped.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly it's probably have sold like 15 million if the collection wasn't terrible. I'm sure it'll eventually be patched to acceptable on all platforms, but these sales are 100% underserved.
I was 100% ready to buy this game, but the lack of pre-release footage worried me a bit (I wanted the Switch version too), so I held off until impressions were out.

Now I'm not touch this game with a 10 foot pole, especially on Switch.

If I want to play ugly, bad ports of the games I'll just play the mobile versions (that this trilogy is based on) which are at least cheaper.

Oct 29, 2017
Played on One X, it looked alright but the gunplay was still janky as hell and I couldn't bomb down a street without the framerate grinding to a halt, freezing, then unfreezing right as I slam my car into a tree.

An abominable level of effort. The "lazy devs" argument is often uncalled for, but pinching out up-rezzed mobile ports with mediocre updated controls isn't remotely acceptable for a series of this stature. The near-absence of information and gameplay footage prior to release should've tipped us off, but hype is a bitch.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You know what? Let's have some fun.

$10 PSN/XBLA/Switch/Steam gift card bet: I think the trilogy will get a patch by the end of March.

Yeah, but a patch to do what exactly? They patched it shortly after release to "fix" the rain. And it still a shitty looking cylinder or rain drops that follows you around. They "fixed" the fog, but it's realistic style ground fog so doesn't hide the fact the map is still absolutely tiny. And they fixed most of the spelling mistakes caused by the AI...but that was never exactly breaking the game like the other issues anyway...so...yey?

You can still fall through the map in tons of areas for instance. The collision in the environment is still misaligned meaning you sink 3 feet into the ground in a lot of places. There's still random street assets floating about. Cars still just randomly start flying for no reason.

I mean. Sure it'll most likely have another patch. But I don't see this ever being properly fixed. As far as I'm concerned that rain and fog still needs to be properly addressed.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
How much will GTA VI sell in its first month? 50 million?

I think I'll end up buying this trilogy later, especially if it hits Steam I only own Vice City there.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if we can apply this to Rockstar, Take Two, or Grove Street Games, but I feel like one of those three (or a combination of those three) must have said the following after seeing the reception and the sales numbers.

wsk4sHH.png

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still haven't played GTA: San Andreas on Game Pass for more than 30 minutes and don't know if I should play it or not. :|
--------
About this news:
10 millions is a huge number, but I expected even more.
It's a package of 3 popular games on 6 platforms which released about 3 months ago and 10 millions isn't that strange, even considering the low quality of those ports.
For example EA can release FIFA 22 with new box art as FIFA 23 and it will sell millions! GTA is something like that too and 10 million isn't a surprise for me.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The name GTA continues to be all T2 needs to cash in. GT Online is popular enough that they think it's fine to redirect all expansion content to their cash cow. This collection is a steaming pile of shit but sold well enough to justify their delinquent oversight. Fuck.