• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Like just let me sensor out the cussing and the sex stuff. My kids just wanna drive around dick around but they get put off by the extra violence and cussing without me having to check them. Still a helluva sandbox for a 9 year old who never played before.

Yes, Lego City is a solid alt but its not the same.

EDIT: I am not the only one it would seem

Last edited:

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
There's probably some sort of mods for this on the PC versions, but I really don't think GTA games "need" any modes like this. They clearly sell just fine to kids as is.

Super Moorad

Jul 26, 2018
Like just let me sensor out the cussing and the sex stuff. My kids just wanna drive around dick around but they get put off by the extra violence and cussing without me having to check them. Still a helluva sandbox for a 9 year old who never played before.

9 years old shouldn't be playing GTA period. And yes, Lego City is your answer.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

A sandbox to do what in?

The game's about stealing stuff and killing people. If you want a solid open world driving game, pick up Forza Horizon.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
ENBCaYNXUAELzlS.jpg

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
But the kids don't want to play GTA just for that...they want the stuff you're saying should be able to be censored.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree. All the R-rated stuff in GTA is the most cringey embarassing shit. But you probably couldn't get it down to PG lol

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe EA should make CitySims that's just a GTA clone without the violence but with a variety of activities and story missions to do.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
just cause is probably more fun for kids that young anyway if they just wanna mess around

but 9 year old me wouldve probably wanted gta for the non pg stuff

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

We need an HD remake of this:

51HZ2PZ22FL._SY445_.jpg

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Lego City Undercover is as stated before what you need. Also some superhero games are open world. And sorry but no, you shouldn't be allowing kids to play GTA.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I want a road trip game a la Truck Simulator except you can drive around the country and visit landmarks and stuff.

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
Driver 3 was that for me as a kid.

The person that suggested looking into mods may be the closest answer so far though.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry but I disagree. Not every game needs to be catered to every demographic.

There are plenty of other open-world sandbox games that your family can explore.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So, remove:

1. Killing or harming people
2. Weapons
3. Stealing cars
4. The radio
5. The advertising in the world
6. Other pedestrians and police interacting with each other in a violent way

and I'm not sure what really would be so great about it left that wouldn't be well served by a game designed to cater to that age group.

I don't think this game needs to have a mode developed for children.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
nah cause it's been fun telling kids parents at retail about the stuff in the game

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Please, no. We don't need another thing censored, even if it's just an option. There are plenty of other games for kids to play.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I remember playing this as a child. Not being able to run over pedestrians was strangely unsatisfying.
You could absolutely run over people, they just bounced around and got back up.

I'd love a big HD remaster, but I fear a remake or sequel would screw up too much and leave out characters.