• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People know, they just don't really care. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism and your money is going to be spent on unsavory things no matter where you shop. If you live in the U.S you support the killing of civilians in drone strikes by paying taxes

You have to pay taxes, you don't have to eat a sandwich from this place. That's not really a fair comparison at all

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Also, this dude was apparently one of the first customers in line:
_3_chick_fil_a.jpg
Of course he was

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
You have to pay taxes, you don't have to eat a sandwich from this place. That's not really a fair comparison at all
The people working at chic fil a earn 10 bucks an hour.... do there job and go home. Why don't we boycott phone companies for encouraging disparaging wages in China and black market mining in Africa?

My point being better to go after the CEOs of chic fil a rather than the establishments themselves that employ regular joes

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about gay people that eat at/ work for CFA?

I know plenty of gays who are self hating with some of their political views or interests. Hell, a huge portion of the community had to be told to not be racist on Grindr through an ad campaign.

Trust me, being gay doesn't mean you're a saint. These people are trash as well.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhh so this is what I biked past last night. Line was huuuuuuuge.

But yeah fuck CFA, don't understand why you'd wanna eat there. Like their are some many better places to get chicken, it's freaking Toronto.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
People know, they just don't really care. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism and your money is going to be spent on unsavory things no matter where you shop. If you live in the U.S you support the killing of civilians in drone strikes by paying taxes

I was sort of addressing the gentleman who said he had no idea what CFA did, he just wanted good chicken.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised people on this forum have no problem talking about eating there. Is the chicken that good?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Camping out for new CFA location openings is common here in the US, it's not just a Toronto thing. I remember when the one opened across Monticello Ave from me in Norfolk, that parking lot was tent city for a few days. Was also impossible to get anywhere near for a week or two, until the sheen of the new restaurant wore off.
Seriously??

CFA isn't that good... even putting politics aside.

Reminds me of when people would line up for Sonic drive thru. Not even worth it. I will never understand.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
QUOTE me, and paste it here

ok

How about protesting Andrew Scheer instead?

A Federal election is coming up next month and the real threat to equal rights is the Conservatives party

The Chicken sandwich isn't a threat to equal rights but the Conservative Party is Calrgarians still vote like sheep for them

watch all Calgary ridings still all go Conservative because Alberta gonna berta.

Do these people who protest actually vote when it matters (like next month)

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This is a thread about LGBTQ people protesting the practices of this restaurant, so naturally people are bringing up politicians, drone strikes, and phone makers.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine living in a city with so much Korean fried chicken and lining up for this shitty chicken

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Seriously??

CFA isn't that good... even putting politics aside.

Reminds me of when people would line up for Sonic drive thru. Not even worth it. I will never understand.
I don't get it either. Not really sure how the cultish culture started around the chain. Like yeah the food is pretty good(even though I no longer eat there) but no fast food is worth that much trouble. I don't even think waiting an hour for that recent sandwich at Popeyes is worth it, but whatever.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting in ridiculously long lines for foreign food novelties is a Toronto tradition.

Yuuuup!

Last time I was there, I stupidly followed some work buds to Magical Taste of China on Dundus and we ended up waiting for 45mins before we could even sit down.

Food was pretty great though. Those lamb skewers...mmmmmmmmmmm.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Good chicken sandwiches, Nuggets, and breakfast and the consistency is the same. Even if the lines are long it's efficient and quick. Easy to see why they do well as a company

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Its depressing the number of people who are going there at my work place even knowing what they do.

And then reading some of the comments on reddit. Its very sad that people say "Oh aren't people allowed their own opinion?" and think its the equivalent of like "whether or not you enjoy chocolate or vanilla ice cream"

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The cultish hype around these fast food chains is absolutely pathetic (also thinking about the recent stuff with Popeyes).

That's really all I have to say about this.

Oh and fuck this Canadian alt-right dipshit!

Lining up for fast food... Why don't these people just make their own better chicken sandwich in that timeframe?
This!

People are fucking idiots stuffing themselves with that chemically engineered garbage and then being proud of it even.

I do eat some chain fast food myself as a guilty pleasure thing every couple of months; but standing in line and waiting for hours for this nutritional waste (let's be honest here)? lol nope.

Last edited:

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
I'm so glad I was over CFA long before it was common knowledge how shit their political views were. Fuck that shitty restaurant. There's so much better food to eat.

Ate tons of the stuff when I was in college and lived off of them when I attended the biannual CPL esports tournaments back in the day. I wonder what CFA's higher ups thought about providing catering to an event held at a resort named the Gaylord Texan :P

Deleted member 4452

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lining up for fast food... Why don't these people just make their own better chicken sandwich in that timeframe?

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
The cultish hype around these fast food chains is absolutely pathetic.

That's really all I have to say about this. Oh and fuck this Canadian alt-right dipshit!
I know it's common for people to self identify with brands, but the amount of people I encounter who do so with fast food chains is astounding.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
The people working at chic fil a earn 10 bucks an hour.... do there job and go home. Why don't we boycott phone companies for encouraging disparaging wages in China and black market mining in Africa?

My point being better to go after the CEOs of chic fil a rather than the establishments themselves that employ regular joes

By that logic, why boycott anything at all? There's always going to be some poor soul working his or her ass off getting paid minimum wage in every abhorrent company/corporation.

Boycotting the actual establishment(s) is absolutely the correct thing to do. How do you think the CEO of Chick fil A and the corporation itself makes their fortune? It's through selling chicken sandwiches.