• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Oh hell yeah, Narnaya and Belial.

Also I was not expecting
Beelzebub
to finally be revealed.

Just need Vira and I'll consider this roster a total win.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Sry for OT but were there any infos about Relink or is it known when we will get some infos/new trailer ?

Thought this Granblue Fes is more about Relink.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
zEiEzwC.gif
Best looking game ever IMO

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Wow this is one of the scummiest things I've seen in fighters for a long time, disappointing even more so when you remember it'll have the usual Arc Sys netcode

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Oof, this release schedule.

I'm already in, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone on the fence if they just bailed on this. 11 characters planned for a 6 month release window after launch is...pretty scummy.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO Belial is playable in VS BEFORE in the main game?

Also goddammit now I'm obligated to buy this.

Djeeta <3

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda disappointing they're using the Fighter version of Djeeta like Gran. At least one of them should use one of the million promotable classes they have.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like they could have had a vote in GBF a while ago for which class Djeeta should have in Versus then make her one of the later S2 characters to have enough time to come up with a moveset and develop her. Giving her the same class as Gran seems like a wasted opportunity

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Getting Narmaya and Djeeta is great and all...

But where IN THE FUCK is VIRA? T_T

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Oof, this release schedule.

I'm already in, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone on the fence if they just bailed on this. 11 characters planned for a 6 month release window after launch is...pretty scummy.

Makes perfect sense. The game is gonna flop anyway so might as well nickel and dime all your loyal customers and recuperate your loses, Fallout 76 style.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Getting Narmaya and Djeeta is great and all...

But where IN THE FUCK is VIRA? T_T
Season 2, probably

iirc they said that the base game and S1 was going to be focused on characters and playstyles the devs and cygames wanted in the game, and S2 will be more focused on getting fan favorites in (hence why it's being led by Belial)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Makes perfect sense. The game is gonna flop anyway so might as well nickel and dime all your loyal customers and recuperate your loses, Fallout 76 style.

The game is going to do just fine. Especially in Japan where people will buy it just for the rewards for the original game.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
I'm surprised to see Bubs is in. I feel like he was kind of a flop in the WMTSB saga, but they left the door open for him then and I questioned it. Now he's here and the trailer is pretty hype. I like him, he's hot, his voice actor is godly Katsuyuki Konishi... but like. I don't get what makes him such a special villain. I'm looking forward to playing the game and seeing him full Rapunzel now. I wish the story mode would give us big primals but Belial and Bubs is cool too.

I'd like Vira, Yuel, Tsubasa, Birdman, and Siegfried to be playable. Then I could die happy.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
imagine if Capcom released a fighting game with like 12 characters and announced 5 DLC characters before the game was even out...

Oct 26, 2017
The game was going to be released last year wasn't it?

Might be part of the reason why the DLC is releasing so close.

That said I'm glad it is since the base roster will get expanded pretty quickly.

Also the 5th character is 100% going to be Sandalphon. I don't see how you can have Bubs and Belial in there without him.

Oct 25, 2017
  • 1st DLC character: Chaos Bringer - March 2020 (unlocked if you finish the RPG mode, or you can buy seperately)
That's all kinds of stupid. I really don't want to play the RPG mode, just give me the character :/

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they will be free for the PC version...
*cries in a corner*

I'm enjoying these picks overall, kinda surprised they didn't go for Ayer but i can dig Soriz. Last character is only an extra no matter who it is at this point.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
that belial guy looks hot af but wth at announcing him as season 2? so he wont be available until mid next year?
continuous support is always good but considering what they're starting with this definitely seems like a pretty egregious way to go about it

I think I'll end up buying this just for the character designs alone. Don't care about Granblue, not sold on the gameplay, but goddamn these characters look so sick.

It's not even the designs themselves, as in, the things that go into each character. It's more the art style. That beautiful, beautiful Ivalice art.
honestly i feel you. i don't see myself getting it but should i ever it'll definitely be along the same basis as this
it's also just really nice to see pretty boys rendered a la asw style

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay adjustments all look pretty great. Glad to see them listening to feedback after the beta, especially in regards to walk speed and dashing.

that belial guy looks hot af but wth at announcing him as season 2? so he wont be available until mid next year?

Considering how fast the S1 characters a dropping i can see us getting a release date for him this year after EVO tbh.

Should I abandon hope for Grea? Only reason I'd ever get this game.

Anyone could realistically make it in, besides maybe Korwa unless her seiyuu decides to reprise her role. For S1 though, maybe don't hold your breath. It's probably gonna be a really popular character if they're saving the announcement for their anniversary stream.

I hope we don't have to wait a billion years for the PC version, it looks amazing and I am not even into Granblue.

I personally think it'll happen later this year. FKHR was very passionate about getting this on PC in earlier interviews, especially when a majority of GBF players play the game on PC.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
As someone said before, Sandalphon is probably the last season 1 character since the storyline for what makes the sky blue, where he is the protagonist, has been the anniversary event for 2-3 years in a row, and now that the villains from that event are confirmed there's very little doubt about Sandalphon being in.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone put a list together for most fan requested characters here? So far I see Vane, Kira and Aliza?

I really dig the game based on the gameplay since I played the demo but I'm absolutely clueless in Granblue universe so I'm curious to see potential characters and see what they could bring to the table.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I learned my lesson with DBFighters (and the roster was 3 times the size of this one). Even though it looks great, I'm not buying this at release.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Can anyone put a list together for most fan requested characters here? So far I see Vane, Kira and Aliza?

I really dig the game based on the gameplay since I played the demo but I'm absolutely clueless in Granblue universe so I'm curious to see potential characters and see what they could bring to the table.

these are only some of them

For the girls:

Vira is definitely Super popular and almost an eventuality, probably as the big draw in DLC season 2. She's the sister of Katalina who is already in the game.

Beatrix is popular, she and Zeta (who is already in the game) are friends and in the same organisation.

Aliza is decently popular (?) , but it's a gamble if she'll be in. But it would make sense is because her fighting style is literally Jam from Guilty Gear

For the guys:

Sandalphon is Super popular. I don't know the story but people are saying he's guaranteed because his villains are here or something?

Vane and Siegfried are popular. They belong to the same organisation as Percival and Lancelot, and as a whole set with four of them together would be mega popular.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know any of these characters but it looks so good so I'm down for day 1.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

Outside of whoever is already announced, Vira, Zooey, and Silva constantly top the fan votes. Outside of that you have Sarasa/Threo, Song/Tweyen, Rosetta, Alexiel, Europa, Cagliostro, Pholia, and all the zodiacs in terms of the most popular women.

For men, you have the rest of the dragon knights like Vane and Siegfried, Lucifer, Lucio, Sandalphon, Shiva, Grimnir, Cain, Noa, Rackam, Eugen and a few others.

I'm missing a few here of there, but Granblue has a massive cast and a lot of characters have a pretty sizable fanbase so outside of a few absolutely super popular characters like Vira and Sandalphon, it's generally up in the air on who's gonna make it in. Especially as Cygames has shown that they don't only consider popularity when choosing a character for versus.