• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I've got like 4 characters from the RPG mode so far, but is there a drastic difference between Normal and Hard mode? Think it might not be worth my time to go through Hard as I can't believe I died twice to the first boss. He's not hard, but I'm remote playing from my phone so it's tedious

Hard shifts between braindead easy and cheap as hell hard lol. Some of the hard bosses basically requirement be to get an overleveled online partner to carry me through.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
"Hey should we make it a button or something to turn around in rpg mode so motions arent completely random horseshit" "nah lol"

Jan 26, 2019
England
Question, a friend of mine gameshared his Japanese copy to me for the time being while I wait for the English version to hit. He also double dipped on the HK version to play it in English. If I wanted to buy dlc for the Japanese version, would I need to buy it through the PSN account he used to gameshare the JP version with me, or could I use my own JP accounts to buy the dlc?

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
if you wanna sell your codes you can try /r/granbluetrades and its discord

just try not to get scammed

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Question, a friend of mine gameshared his Japanese copy to me for the time being while I wait for the English version to hit. He also double dipped on the HK version to play it in English. If I wanted to buy dlc for the Japanese version, would I need to buy it through the PSN account he used to gameshare the JP version with me, or could I use my own JP accounts to buy the dlc?

To my knowledge as long as they are in the same region it should be fine. So if you get it from a JP account, it should work, no matter who account is it as long as its JP.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Had a pretty mixed session in ranked today. In the first matches I got pretty much annihilated but luckly had a couple of decent / good ones afterwards. I won a Zeta mirror match too, which I think was a good way to end the session. My main problem so far is getting in as well as getting out of the corner. For the latter I tried the EX up diagonal attack, but it often got interrupted by an attack.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Training mode Gran was a massive pain in the ass. I had to played very defensively else he would wreck me.

I managed to beat him in the end but it was really intense for a beginner player like me.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Had a pretty mixed session in ranked today. In the first matches I got pretty much annihilated but luckly had a couple of decent / good ones afterwards. I won a Zeta mirror match too, which I think was a good way to end the session. My main problem so far is getting in as well as getting out of the corner. For the latter I tried the EX up diagonal attack, but it often got interrupted by an attack.

Getting out of the corner is 90% of this game. Once you figure that out, you'll be in A rank instantly.

Edit: Man I don't know how people play Vas. He's SOOOOO hard and people seem SOOOO frustrated using him.

Last edited:

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
Training mode Gran was a massive pain in the ass. I had to played very defensively else he would wreck me.

I managed to beat him in the end but it was really intense for a beginner player like me.
Same here. A beginner like me doesn't know a way to apply and maintain a constant pressure on him, so it's all about wait for him doing moves with big opening and counter with a my most reliable combo route. Had to constantly remind myself never approaching when he was down or just eat DP in the face. Overall I think I'm making some progress since I'm having little trouble with Nightmare difficulty now, guess it's time to back into online and being beaten by other again...

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Does the local co-op in rpg mode have to be unlocked? I just started it tonight and dont see any option for it. The online co-op is there in the menu but no mention of local.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh, starting to see japanese Lance style hit american shores.

They can't let him keep all that tech, it's entirely too much tech.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Fuckin no one is playin this game eh. Crazy the launch has such a weak response considering its a main stage evo game

Is good tho

rude

Oct 25, 2017
These inputs have me a little shook after mainly playing SFV for the last several years. I barely have to move my stick to dp there wtf...I have to default to the shortcut for reliability half the time. It's not pleasant.

anyway I ranked up to B with no effort outside of finding someone to rematch with; why are people spamming specials in neutral in the most neutral heavy fighting release in a minute? Connections are pretty good so far as well. Purple bars might as well be 5 bar connections.

Last edited:

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Yep, managed to unlock Narmaya after quest 27. It even unlocked another quest in a previous area where she shows up in the cutscenes.

That's pretty neat, gives me a reason to come back to this mode after I'm done with it. (Assuming the other DLC characters also get RPG content.)

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It never fails. Every fighting game there's one character that's obscene compared to the others. Beelzebub is fkn ridiculous. Makes me wanna put the game down ugh😒

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Has anyone been able to redeem the serial codes of the DLC characters yet on the NA version? I've been getting the 603 error since launch and I have the season pass.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Has anyone been able to redeem the serial codes of the DLC characters yet on the NA version? I've been getting the 603 error since launch and I have the season pass.

I had trouble with it because, even though I had bought the character pass bundle, I had to made sure the individual characters appeared as purchased in the store and download them.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I keep forgetting how good of a resource the saved online matches are. Watching some SS ranked bub players is giving me some insight on how to beat the Kat matchup.

But he still loses the Kat matchup like...6-3.

Kat is a monster.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had a good chance to sink into this game yet. if I often like characters who are more defensive/reactionary like a dhalsim in street fighter, or keepaway nonsense like a peacock in skull girls, who should I be looking at in this roster?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Is anyone else having trouble with the serial codes for Beelzebub and Narmaya? The DLC is clearly installed in my PS4, and yet it tells me it isn't when I try to see the codes.

Edit: Just saw the posts above. My bad :P

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Ferry. Keep away, zoning nonsense with good set play tools too.

Oh yes okay, Ferry is very nice. Neutral M/H and her Crouching H make me very happy. Her little ground pet and the skybound art with the ball bouncing around are both really mean too.

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't have a lot of free time to get good at someone before a friend gathering and wanted to set my sights on the right character quickly.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a, at least for me, really, really good session. After my first two sessions weren't that successful (more losses than wins), I finally managed to get more wins than losses today. Even had a tiny streak going at some point. After watching a couple of matches by Kazunoko playing Zeta I had a better idea how to play her (especially her neutral game) and how to utilize some of her abilities. Of course, there's still much, much more to learn. But I think I have a better understanding of not just Zeta, but also the game itself. I still get pressured too much when being rushed down, but I also pretty much changed two matches to my favor by not trying to defend a rushdown but rushing down myself. Overall I'm super happy with today's session (all ranked battle, I yet have to try out lobby matches). Narmiya seems super popular. 90% of all matcehs I had today were against her. I hope to run into some other characters next session, haha.

The game is so much fun. This weekend I'll finally look into RPG mode.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder, Naru just got released and ppl had a fair share of fun with other characters for a whole month. Based on reception, I don't think much ppl will stick with her in following weeks when even strong players said she is a high risk low reward character.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Narmiya seems super popular. 90% of all matcehs I had today were against her.

This disheartens me. I'm really struggling to find a character. Narmaya and Ferry are probably the two I enjoy the most, but I also hate playing the super popular or main top tier characters. I've been working on Percival and he's pretty fun, but he's also really slow.

Help me Era. Is it dumb to play the same character as 90% of the playerbase? Or is it dumb to be concerned about it and I should just play who I enjoy?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
This disheartens me. I'm really struggling to find a character. Narmaya and Ferry are probably the two I enjoy the most, but I also hate playing the super popular or main top tier characters. I've been working on Percival and he's pretty fun, but he's also really slow.

Help me Era. Is it dumb to play the same character as 90% of the playerbase? Or is it dumb to be concerned about it and I should just play who I enjoy?

I'd say play whoever you want and don't be concerned about character popularity or something. At the end of the day it is you who has to have fun playing the game, so you shouldn't force yourself to play a character you don't like, just because the character you really want to play is popular or disliked because they are seen as cheap or something.