• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Is there a good source for the breakdown of the races in this game and their stories? The wiki I found just sorts the charcters by race but don't seem to give the rundown of their cultures or anything.
Humans, draphs, harvin and erune are all part of the same culture despite looking so different. There are groups within that that have their own thing going on, like the royal family in Valtz is made up of draphs, or the erune royal houses that still have tails, or the harvin that are medieval Japanese for some reason, but those are differences unique to those families not those entire races.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How much are the codes worth? I've got some friends asking to buy it from me. I have no use for these codes.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How much are the codes worth? I've got some friends asking to buy it from me. I have no use for these codes.

The crystals are the exact amount in yen. The vyrn costume is equivalent of 3000 crystals/yen and, well, you can't quite put a price on the purchase bonus item selection because those shit are impossible to buy normally. All in all, the bonuses can be worth the game itself in full.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I hope Charlotta players realize that only hellfire will cleanse them from their sins.

*smug noises*

granblue-fantasy-versus-charlotta-trailer.jpg

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really impressed by the quality of the voice acting and writing is in these bits

I hope this comes out on PC some time soon so I can try it out.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really impressed by the quality of the voice acting and writing is in these bits

This video is missing 50% of the intros, too, since they say different unique dialogue depending on which side you're on at the start of the match.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
Unless you're ladiva and are trying to et up pressure, which lets her just sail overhead because ladiva has 0 anti air options that are worth anything.

Straight up, Katalina's long m is stupid and evo will be two katalinas trying to poke each other from mid range, the winner getting a 40% combo. It sucks.

For the amount of Ladiva belly aching you've done in here, you could have spent 30 minutes in training mode and found that her crouching heavy anti air is not only very very good, but on counterhit consistently leads to 4000-6000 damage even midscreen.

Yes, its hard to get in with Ladiva. You chose a grappler. Once you are in, you should be an absolute nightmare. If you don't feel like you are, you need to lab safejumps and counterhit setups to ensure you understand what your own options are, and how to limit your opponent's options.

I played vs a good Ladiva as Kat last night. That character is scary.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

I know nothing about Granblue fantasy, at all, but those characters are hilarious. Also Draphs seem like one of the best fantasy races since Twi'lek or the Asari. I'm not about to play the phone game, but I may grab this if/when it hits PC or something.

Also isn't there a Granblue action game, on which Platinum did some early dev-work, coming out? Does that have create-a-character?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish I could play online for hours without getting tired and stressed from adrenaline hitting me lol. I have zero problems in locals when I get the rare chance to play but online makes me nervous and I'm not even trying to do my best per se, just have fun. Being able to laugh and joke around with people as I play makes a big difference I guess.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

From the SECOND I saw Lowain I thought he was the ultimate troll character, and it's hilarious. Now I know he's a dudebro too, I love how all 3 of them sigh at the start of the battle like "sigh, this shit again"

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about Granblue fantasy, at all, but those characters are hilarious. Also Draphs seem like one of the best fantasy races since Twi'lek or the Asari. I'm not about to play the phone game, but I may grab this if/when it hits PC or something.

Also isn't there a Granblue action game, on which Platinum did some early dev-work, coming out? Does that have create-a-character?

The action game is Relink. There's no create a character but you can play as a ton of different characters, some of which are also in Versus.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not that big fan of the English voice acting which is a disappointment for me.

I am glad though that they managed to translate the writing from the browser game to Versus well enough.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
For the amount of Ladiva belly aching you've done in here, you could have spent 30 minutes in training mode and found that her crouching heavy anti air is not only very very good, but on counterhit consistently leads to 4000-6000 damage even midscreen.

Yes, its hard to get in with Ladiva. You chose a grappler. Once you are in, you should be an absolute nightmare. If you don't feel like you are, you need to lab safejumps and counterhit setups to ensure you understand what your own options are, and how to limit your opponent's options.

Yooo Keits, when are you and your iron boys going to work on this game? You guys get some sweet sweet granbucks and we get that glorious Iron Galaxy rollback netcode, it's a win win for everybody

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I gotta give the game credit here. I LOVE all the matchup specific intros and outtros. Really gives you an idea of these characters and their personalities. I also like the fact that, unlike other ArcSys fighters, everyone here has a unique intro vs EVERYONE. Even the mirror matches. And there's even two of them per matchup depending on the side. They really put quite a bit of effort into that and I love it. And while I prefer the sub overall the dub ain't half bad either.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

I mean, the antiair that basically only strikes directly over her head and is SUPER slow to start up isn't a function that I'd call good. But I will admit, I fucked up some Lancelots last night who were over dependant on the air teleport with it last night. It still loses to a LOT of aerial functions from Metera, Zeta, Gran, Katalina, and ultimately I still feel like you're better off going for the air grab.

I won't lie, once I found that LaDiva's cr.M was pretty safe, I had a much easier time. The range is bad but if they block, you're still pushing them halfway across the screen with the blockstring, which is usually enough to scare them into making a mistake off a mixup.

You just have to work SOOO HARD.

Kikirin

Oct 25, 2017
how2proxOS
twitter.com

Rikir on Twitter

“Generic inputs for a proximity OS: #GBVS For Specials/Super: [Special Motion] 1G+[Button to trigger special] ex. 623 1GH for EX DP ex. 236236 1GH for Skybound Art Easy Input Specials: 1G+S for Down Special 7G+S for Back Special Normals: 1G+[Crouch Normal] 4G+[Stand Normal]”

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I'm playing Zeta, and I feel like I'm always leaving damage on the table whenever I find a way in. Like I'm 100% more confident in what to do during blockstrings than I am actually landing a hit.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A friend told me that this game was very "Super Turbo"

Is there any character who resembles boxer or dictator?

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, the antiair that basically only strikes directly over her head and is SUPER slow to start up isn't a function that I'd call good. But I will admit, I fucked up some Lancelots last night who were over dependant on the air teleport with it last night. It still loses to a LOT of aerial functions from Metera, Zeta, Gran, Katalina, and ultimately I still feel like you're better off going for the air grab.

I won't lie, once I found that LaDiva's cr.M was pretty safe, I had a much easier time. The range is bad but if they block, you're still pushing them halfway across the screen with the blockstring, which is usually enough to scare them into making a mistake off a mixup.

You just have to work SOOO HARD.

Play Vaseraga. Then you will know the true meaning of working hard.

loading time is beyond awful.

I have the game on SSD but I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Play Vaseraga. Then you will know the true meaning of working hard.

That's true. As much as I complain, I can't imagine what Vas players are going through.

I have the game on SSD but I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

What are your times on average? I'm getting about 20-30 seconds in between RPG scene transitions on a OG PS4, I'm wondering if a SSD would make a difference there.

Because gameplay aside, the worst thing about this game are the loads. They're damn near Tekken 7 bad.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017

I agree with this. Ladiva has problems getting in but she is a nightmare up close.

The only true Struggle Character in this game is Vase. Hoping he gets buffed in balance patches.

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to unlock colors in versus mode? I only got one from playing arcade mode and now I'm not getting anymore

I think most of them come from RPG mode. You can buy three for each character from Sieros Shop initially then apparently unlock more once you beat normal mode.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

From the SECOND I saw Lowain I thought he was the ultimate troll character, and it's hilarious. Now I know he's a dudebro too, I love how all 3 of them sigh at the start of the battle like "sigh, this shit again"
The fact that they're imagining all of their battles and none of them actually happen is just so on brand. I love it.

Lowain is the number one reason I want Vira in the game. Vira's black and white angry face never gets old.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I agree with this. Ladiva has problems getting in but she is a nightmare up close.

The only true Struggle Character in this game is Vase. Hoping he gets buffed in balance patches.

Once I started being able to do this on react every time...

I started having a better time.

I'm willing to admit that most of my bellyaching over the past 24 hours is day one blues + the katalina matchup, because ya'll are right, once LaDiva gets you into the corner it's pure domination.

Hey, here's the bottom line, I've said that I could definitely have a much easier time with this game if I just swapped to Kat or Char and that would be the end of it. But something about LaDiva keeps bringing me back. Can't put my finger on it but even though I think she's got some struggle ass normals, she's REALLY fun.

I'm watching gamerbee's stream right now and while it's mostly the Kat v Kat match up that you'd expect to see in ranked, occasionally there's a LaDiva in there and they're making the same mistakes that I make and now I feel less bad about it.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I need to figure out how to do more damage as Katalina.

feels like I'm losing a lot in pure damage races sometimes

Oct 25, 2017
Ferry and Gran looks like they'll be my mains at the moment from what I've seen from online play/tournaments. No one really interests me after that except maybe Lowain.

It looks like I'll stick with those three until Zooey (hopefully) comes out.