• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I was almost hyped and then it was deflated. I'm still happy for Versus but the annoyance of the mobile game running in America unless you run it through chrome is too much for me to dive in. Shame. Still gonna pick up VS though.
There's actually no difference between the phone app and running it in your phone's browser or Chrome on your PC. The app from the Japanese phone stores is just a standalone browser exclusively for Granblue. (Chromium Edge is out now too so you can also use that if Edge is more your fancy)

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is my most anticipated game of 2020. It looks gorgeous and I really liked what I've played of the beta. The dub sounds alright so far.
1 month delay between regional versions though is oof, especially for a Fighting Game. Is March 3rd confirmed for EU as well? It better be.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
No idea why it took them so long to confirm a date in the first place. Not surprised the US LE is comparable to the JP one in that it won't have the season pass included either.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Damn was really hoping they were just late announcing a world wide release but knew it wasn't the case. Sucks to wait an extra month but I'll still pick it up.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
They're lucky FF7 had already moved their ass out to April, but now I have to juggle between this and Nioh 2

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
As excited I'd like to be for this game, historically, do Arc games have some crappy netcode for online play?

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
But why? Whether it's BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, FighterZ, SFV, Guilty Gear Strive, SoulCalibur VI, or even freakin' UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late cl-r, Japanese fighting games have global releases nowadays. This one's an exception, and no one understands why.
Your guess is as good as mine. It could be XSeed, it could be Cygames. I'm kinda sorta inclined to blame the latter. It's just a feeling tho :p

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered the Japanese version just now so I can have it download while I'm at work on the 4th of Feb. Not going to wait a month to play this. Normally I'd get the Asian version especially since it's apparently going to be Multi-language and release the same day as the Japanese version.

But last time I got Asian version of something physically it took a month and a half to get here. Definitely not trying to go through that again.

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
I was almost hyped and then it was deflated. I'm still happy for Versus but the annoyance of the mobile game running in America unless you run it through chrome is too much for me to dive in. Shame. Still gonna pick up VS though.

There's actually no difference between the phone app and running it in your phone's browser or Chrome on your PC. The app from the Japanese phone stores is just a standalone browser exclusively for Granblue. (Chromium Edge is out now too so you can also use that if Edge is more your fancy)

The app itself is pretty trash, speaking as someone who has used the JP Google Play Store App.

However, Skyleap, the standalone browser for Granblue, is very good and adds some features that are used just for GBF.

I still prefer playing on PC Chrome but Skyleap is pretty solid for mobile.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
Is this releasing in Asia with English text? I'm thinking about importing so I can start playing already
It's unconfirmed. The only source said so is Play-Asia's listing, meanwhile official site only mentions Chinese sub. The Asian versions are handled by Sega, and they hardly do English sub for their games. Not even Asian version of Persona 5 nor Yakuza got English subbed.
Personally I hope I'm wrong though. I'm so hyped for this game, even more than Relink.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Probably just going to play jp version on the 6th a month wait is kinda ridiculous for a fighting game in 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
About time, it's ridiculous it took so long for the English release date. It looks like I might actually preorder the one with art book. Granblue's artwork never disappoints.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
People really don't like fighting games? The single-player RPG modes looks pretty good imo.
Gaming side hates fighting games, at least ones not named Tekken or Smash. I wasn't expecting people to come in and be disappointed or pissy about this not being about Relink because they thought it was, but ultimately not all that surprised.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to finally see a release date. Almost a whole month after Japan, but that's okay. I feared the NA release date would be much later.

Oct 27, 2017
Gaming side hates fighting games, at least ones not named Tekken or Smash. I wasn't expecting people to come in and be disappointed or pissy about this not being about Relink because they thought it was, but ultimately not all that surprised.

Yeah it's one thing to not be interested in a genre, but man some of the attitudes here feel really dismissive.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it looks so good... the fights, the animations, the characters. I may grab this.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing the dlc won't be delayed. Happy to have a date finally. I was hoping the temp date mid Feb was real but oh well

Oct 26, 2017
I already pre-ordered the Japanese version which is still coming out on Feb 6th last time I checked.

The single player story mode is supposed to have multiple difficulty levels, at the very least Normal and Hard so hopefully that will provide some replay value and make it more fun to play in co-op.

Oct 26, 2017
Spooky is going to be restreaming the Frosty Faustings GBF Versus tournament this Sunday for those who want to check it out.

Thought I had done the same but looking at my Amazon, looks like I got the US Premium Edition. Fuuuuuuuuuck.
I pre-ordered the basic version off the Japanese playstation network.

Right now it's about 6900 something Yen until the 3rd of February IIRC.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
The online will be basically DOA a couple of weeks after, and rollback is the most important feature I look forward to in my fighters from now on.
No good online experience, no buy. Sorry arcsys.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It'd be nice but I've already gone home to be a family man. So I have to kind of rely on being an online warrior.
lol, real life.

What, do you expect these poor developers to put in features that are considered standard to the point where indie developers can add them to their games? Be realistic LowParry, just support your locals.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna get the Jpn Psn version then I guess. This is one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how meaty the rpg mode is? Is there anything to do after "beating" it?

There's meant to be some kind of endgame/postgame content I believe. It would make sense with how closely they're structuring it after the mobile game. They also plan to update it after launch with new content over time.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I've never had a thread made about one of my tweets.

Imagine not having a global release in 2020. I cannot express in words how disappointed I am.

I'm sure there are business reasons behind it (not having the dub ready, waiting on patches from JP, collab timing, etc).

On another note, UNIEL/UNIST were both about seven months delayed from JP (July) to NA (February) releases. CLR is going to be a global launch in a few weeks but this was just something that we were used to in the FGC.