• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
source: https://gematsu.com/2019/05/granblue-fantasy-versus-closed-beta-test-set-for-may-31-to-june-1

Hot off the press!

Granblue-Versus-CBT_05-08-19.jpg

Beta test applications are now open!

Full details in the article.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about that. They had said 2019 and we know there'll be a loketest in August.

October 2019 sounds right.

There's no loctest in August (it's not an arcade game), but it's playable at Granblue Extra Fes 2019 (July 27 and 28 in Sendai / August 3 and 4 in Osaka), which is what you're thinking of.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's no loctest in August (it's not an arcade game), but it's playable at Granblue Extra Fes 2019 (July 27 and 28 in Sendai / August 3 and 4 in Osaka), which is what you're thinking of.
That's right, I just default to "loketest" for any FG demo, heh. But yeah, basically a playable demo in early August, so I figure it won't be releasing that month.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
The character's artstyle doesn't mesh well with the low polished background, it's a really weird looking game to say the least.

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Sonuva Bitch! Only for Japan, North America and Europe?!

....Does Asian PSN count as Japan >_> ?

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

Nope. The way it's split it's clear they did it for code distribution. Excluding Asia is a pain when they don't specify how the beta will work. If I can download from the US store with my US account but play it with my Asia account, I'll at least try to sign up for it. But my fear is that the download attaches to the account that redeems it for security reasons, and I'm not subbing for Plus on the US account to play this. Lol.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Thanks for the heads up! Clicked, applied and now fingers cross. The Daigo vs Fuudo teaser looks fun, can't wait.

Uh, I thought Asia is usually a region of its own on PSN right? so maybe not :/

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Nope. The way it's split it's clear they did it for code distribution. Excluding Asia is a pain when they don't specify how the beta will work. If I can download from the US store with my US account but play it with my Asia account, I'll at least try to sign up for it. But my fear is that the download attaches to the account that redeems it for security reasons, and I'm not subbing for Plus on the US account to play this. Lol.

Uh, I thought Asia is usually a region of its own on PSN right? so maybe not :/

A fool's hope OTL

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Putting aside my disappointment for not being able to join the Beta, I noticed something interesting in the UI

Namely those four icons that reminds me of MOBA abilities

GBFV1.png

Interestingly, in a mirror match they also mirror the players

GBFV2.png

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm strange, I can't click the I've read the privacy NDA blablabla thing for the English link
Oh well, applied on my jp account

Edit: watched the teaser, game play pace seems faster now? Nice la

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
oh u need active ps+ sub? i can only test on my na account then
hope i get in

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm strange, I can't click the I've read the privacy NDA blablabla thing for the English link
Oh well, applied on my jp account

Edit: watched the teaser, game play pace seems faster now? Nice la
Have to scroll down on the eula to be able to mark the box that you read it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to trying it out, provided I get in.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully I'm able to get in as I'm really curious about how this plays based on what they've said so far.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
do you have to give the email linked to psn account with the ps+ sub?
haven't received my application confirmation email

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Man it is freaking amazing to go from the basic animation and tiny characters of the main game to this. I wish every character could be in it.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they put this out before having clarified the release details. Not the date or the platform, but like, who is publishing this? Them? Sony? Do they have a distribution deal for a physical release? What gives.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Not the beta but the full game, have they said anything about the single player aspect?

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Interesting that they put this out before having clarified the release details. Not the date or the platform, but like, who is publishing this? Them? Sony? Do they have a distribution deal for a physical release? What gives.

Cygames is publishing their own games of course, this is part of their initiative to entering the console gaming market.

Not the beta but the full game, have they said anything about the single player aspect?

You mean like story campaign or just what are the single player contents?

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside my disappointment for not being able to join the Beta, I noticed something interesting in the UI

Namely those four icons that reminds me of MOBA abilities

GBFV1.png

Interestingly, in a mirror match they also mirror the players

GBFV2.png
That's a mechanics from the main Granblue game. Every character gets 3-4 active skills. It works kinda like MOBA, yea.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah I see, are those skills interchangeable or are they fixed for each characters?

Also are they unique to those characters as well?
They are not interchangable and are generally unique. Though considering that there are like 300+ characters, some would inevitably work similarly to some others.

One exception is the main character, who can pick between a wide selection of skills.

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/granblu...dliness-potential-arcade-and-pc-versions-more
  • The story mode is a major focus. It is an original story for those who haven't played the smartphone game, but users who played the events of the smartphone game will also be able to get more enjoyment out of it.
  • We also want people who don't like "winning or losing" to be able to play, so we're thinking about a way for people to play in that regard.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/granblu...elease-frame-rate-potential-ps5-versions-more
  • On unique elements: "There is going to be a story mode full of RPG content. Playing by yourself without competing with other people will be very enjoyable."
All that we know so far.

Feb 15, 2019
Nice, hope I get in. I'm still skeptical but optimistic about the game and I'd love to test it. Also I hope they get Go1 and Kazunoko there too to test out the game. Those guys have always been so invested in Arcsys made/published games and they even started playing the mobile Granblue game after the announcement of the versus game too. I know Daigo played GG in the past and I also know that Fuudo and Daigo are sponsored by Cygames but it'd be nice to have two anime players that are heavily invested in the specific subgenre there.

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Nice, hope I get in. I'm still skeptical but optimistic about the game and I'd love to test it. Also I hope they get Go1 and Kazunoko there too to test out the game. Those guys have always been so invested in Arcsys made/published games and they even started playing the mobile Granblue game after the announcement of the versus game too. I know Daigo played GG in the past and I also know that Fuudo and Daigo are sponsored by Cygames but it'd be nice to have two anime players that are heavily invested in the specific subgenre there.

I think it's interesting that they got Daigo not just because of his popularity but from what they've talked about the game so far it gives the impression that it's going to be a less of your usual Anime fighters and more of a "Street Fighter" style low combo intensive fighter.

Something that's right up Daigo's alley.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/granblu...dliness-potential-arcade-and-pc-versions-more
  • The story mode is a major focus. It is an original story for those who haven't played the smartphone game, but users who played the events of the smartphone game will also be able to get more enjoyment out of it.
  • We also want people who don't like "winning or losing" to be able to play, so we're thinking about a way for people to play in that regard.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/granblu...elease-frame-rate-potential-ps5-versions-more
  • On unique elements: "There is going to be a story mode full of RPG content. Playing by yourself without competing with other people will be very enjoyable."
All that we know so far.

Okay thanks, good to know that another fighting game makes story mode a focus (according to the first bullet point) other than a feature checklist.

Feb 15, 2019
I think it's interesting that they got Daigo not just because of his popularity but from what they've talked about the game so far it gives the impression that it's going to be a less of your usual Anime fighters and more of a "Street Fighter" style low combo intensive fighter.

Something that's right up Daigo's alley.

I do think by the wording of the game that it's gonna be a bit more footsie focused however it's still a game made by Arcsys and I still think the reason they got Daigo is just cuz he's sponsored by them and not really anything else.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Nice !

I really want to see a full roster of this as it'll be my make-or-break decision if i want to get this game or not. But the visuals alone are already a strong point. And if it plays as well as DBFZ, i'd be more than happy to get into it

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Just signed up for the beta, thanks for the heads up. Really curious about this game. I trust ArcSys to deliver something good.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Based off the footage it looks like special moves are gonna be similar to an RPG where you use them once and it goes on a cooldown. That's gonna be interesting.