• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit that is just Rock Howard

720px-Npc_zoom_3020020000_01.png

Granblue has add Samurai Shodown collab in the past.

And the Zodiac characters (their special yearly characters) all of their ougis (ultimate moves) stolen from Terry/Andy/Jo Higashi/Galford/ Yuki from last blade.
So my impressions :

- Incredibly detailed and beautiful, makes DBFZ look very poor in fact when it comes to models and supers, as well as stages

- Absolutely hate total lack of Gatling and proper chain combos, I feel like it wouldn't kill the game to add either or both to give us a bit more options besides mashing one button

- Movement speeds need a bit of a speed up

- I'd like more freedom in how you can cancel stuff...

- Game is fun and feels good after you get used to it

- Trash awful lobby system that they just won't let die

I don't play Gran Blue, I looked at the characters and I think I would like this guy

720px-Npc_zoom_3040192000_01.png

Is he popular and does he have a chance of making it in :p ?

Really minute Chance, he's basically a background character that was added to give more depth to his younger brother Percival. Percival's pretty much a lock though. (percival and lancelot are part of the dragon knights subfaction in granblue, who are extremely popular with the female fan base).

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Try the "Restore Licenses" option under your PS4 account management settings. Should help with the error since it sounds like a license issue.
I tried it, now all my games are locked. Even after restarting the PS4. is it the firmware update? :(

Edit: I just deactivated and reactivated and everything works now. Strange, but the beta opens now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Percival has the number one popularity of all the male characters, followed by Lancelot.

His weapon is also in the logo so he's pretty much a shoot in.... like 90% certain.

He'll probably be a combination of Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ok how about any of these :

My fucking dude :

720px-Npc_zoom_3040153000_01.png

Generic sword guy that I'm sure would look cool with the other colors in the game :

720px-Npc_zoom_3040045000_01.png

Looks like a younger version of the blonde guy I liked above :

720px-Npc_zoom_3040098000_01.png

Solid design

720px-Npc_zoom_3040171000_01.png

I'm not sure what he is but he looks cool. Is that an elf ?

720px-Npc_zoom_3040212000_01.png

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Percival has the number one popularity of all the male characters, followed by Lancelot.

His weapon is also in the logo so he's pretty much a shoot in.... like 90% certain.

He'll probably be a combination of Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske.

Belial and Sandalphon are now the most popular guys.

Sandalphon has a good chance but not might make it tbh.

SPOILER TIME.

It really depends on who they decide will be the end boss for this game, Sandalphon is a good tier stronger than most of the characters in game

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Top dude is basically the most popular male character alongside Percival, though I don't know if he'd get added for lore reasons. He's pretty much a god lol

As for the rest, well some of them are pretty popular but I imagine they'll go for more weapon variety for the rest of the cast.

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
@Slaythe

I think people like Albert alot (second from the top), myself included since he's pretty much Ky Kiske with the Lightning element.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

SPOILER TIME.

It really depends on who they decide will be the end boss for this game, Sandalphon is a good tier stronger than most of the characters in game

I could see Loki w/ Fenrir being the boss character

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Finally had the chance to try the game. It's really fun!

b7pnFNF.gif

Ferry is so fun. Wish I landed the DP at the end. Would have been even better lol

Ferry is such an evil charcter, lol.

And I wouldn't bet on the base roster having many more long sword characters. While I'm sure Percival will be in, I think ArcSys wants to have a wider variety of weapon types. Remember, thay said something about it being a weapon based game.

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm pushing Sevilbarra to fill the role of a male Harvin!

That hat would bump him to have the same height as Charlotta!

480px-Npc_zoom_3030118000_01.png

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If a katana character gets in, I can't imagine it not being Narmaya

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I will forever shill for Aliza as the Jam character archetype.

Npc_zoom_3040083000_01.png

Please give me my main, ArcSys and Cygames.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

SPOILER TIME.

@Slaythe

I think people like Albert alot (second from the top), myself included since he's pretty much Ky Kiske with the Lightning element.

Mmh Thank you.

So some of these guys have a chance , maybe as DLC ?

Not sure how lore would work for a fighter though !

Ky is my main in GG !

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If Sandalphon doesn't make the base roster, he'll almost definitely be DLC

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They should forget about power tiers and such because Sandalphon deserves to get in so badly. I'd be shocked if he didn't make it

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sandalphon is dope no doubt, but so far they've mostly stuck with regular gacha characters. I'd love to see some Eternals in here as well but I'm not sure they'd add them.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Speaking of weapon types, I wonder who could be the gun character. Maybe Silva, Ilsa or Eustace, since they are so popular. I would go for Robomi or Wulf and Renie but that ain't gonna happen.

And yeah, I doubt we will see much of the primals or eternals on the base roster, those are the big guns for DLC or even a sequel

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Speaking of weapon types, I wonder who could be the gun character. Maybe Silva, Ilsa or Eustace, since they are so popular. I would go for Robomi or Wulf and Renie but that ain't gonna happen.

And yeah, I doubt we will see much of the primals or eternals on the base roster, those are the big guns for DLC or even a sequel

Going by the current roster including the rumored characters, and assuming they want a balanced roster of races and gender, since they have 2 human females and 2 Erune females already, I would say Eustace would be my pick.

Deleted member 56841

User requested account closure
Banned
May 18, 2019
Imma just say right now I didn't know Ferry was going to be this strong, I just picked her because I thought she was the cutest.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
I waited in line for 2 hours to hopefully get a fight against Max...

Because 1 person cut, I didn't get the fight despite being up next due to the server closing.

FML.

If it helps at all, I really appreciate how orginized and patient you guys were. Wanted to stay and make sure the line got as many matches as possible. Thanks again for waiting tho!

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Imma just say right now I didn't know Ferry was going to be this strong, I just picked her because I thought she was the cutest.

Same, I was actually worried I won't enjoy her, cuz I have very little experience playing zoners and set up kinda charas. But this game's hyper simple mechanics sort of gave me a crashcourse effortlessly

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea who any of these characters are, but I just want them to add some characters that aren't blue.

As for someone I'd main, I normally go for dual wielders, so Lancelot has me covered.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Put my boi Aoidos in (they can use I-No as a reference).

I know they might not want to alienate the 'popular character' groups but I kind of hope they add in more lesser popular characters because there are a lot with pretty cool weapons.

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Put my boi Aoidos in (they can use I-No as a reference).

I know they might not want to alienate the 'popular character' groups but I kind of hope they add in more lesser popular characters because there are a lot with pretty cool weapons.

Fastvia gives hope to all the mid-popular characters lol

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
No Djeeta, no buy.

Gran being that standard fighter would give Djeeta the option to a stance switching character in reference to the class system.

Oct 25, 2017
I only briefly played the 1st part, and mostly the second. In the couple of matches in the first I only had the Grassy Hill stage, and in the second part I only had matches in the Coliseum-like stage. Was I just having weird luck?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is the anime Worth watching?

It's okay but not particularly good. It covers the least interesting part of the story. It might get better with the second season.

I only briefly played the 1st part, and mostly the second. In the couple of matches in the first I only had the Grassy Hill stage, and in the second part I only had matches in the Coliseum-like stage. Was I just having weird luck?

Theres only those two stages in the beta.