• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Belials weapon skins being shades is the best. Curious to see what 2.0 brings.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Cagliostro apparently is a trap character playstyle.

As in she lays traps.

Overheard during the live translation stream.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Belial-sama...

tumblr_o49luwWqtw1ro0yyxo3_400.gif

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aw HEEEELLLLL
Belial looking VERY nice. His weapon skins being shades is amazing.
Cagliostro makes sense. She's super popular and could have a very nice playstyle.

I also like the free updates. New Boss battle is cool, the bosses are actually really fun in GBVS.
All in all I'm pretty satisfied with this news. Hope it can breath a bit of life into the online community.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Man, the downside of using the Arc System 2.5D art style technique is that we won't get character costumes.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
No mention of netcode improvements by any chance

Matchmaking and lobby improvements were the specific things listed as part of the 2.0 update. I imagine if better netcode, which seems unlikely at this point, it'll be next year once Strive is out and they have it sorted there.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of lobby improvements it would be cool if we got a jukebox for the online lobbies. BBTAG added one for its 2.0 update.
GBVS has so many good tracks it's a shame we're stuck hearing that one mellow tune in the lobbies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Cagliostro is popular and had to be expected, but that's a big meh for me.

edit: native res trailer
www.youtube.com

Granblue Fantasy: Versus PV#20 Belial

Whether you love him or love to hate him, the quintessential GBF villain, Belial, is coming to Versus as a DLC character! Though his moves seem largely tradi...

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh dang, Djeeta's gonna be meetin Gran in the story mode? That's certainly interesting. I should continue playing the story mode... Barely started it and got kinda bored, but I'm curious about that.
Gran and Djeeta rock that Belial look:

Ee5KNq5U8Ac50yV
Woah, these are sick. Guessing they're just for the mobile game though, yeah? Not Versus?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh dang, Djeeta's gonna be meetin Gran in the story mode? That's certainly interesting. I should continue playing the story mode... Barely started it and got kinda bored, but I'm curious about that.

Woah, these are sick. Guessing they're just for the mobile game though, yeah? Not Versus?

Yeah, they're just for the mobile game.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Belial looks amazing.

Cag better be some crazy bullshit like Lowain the potential is literally infinite

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, was hoping they'd be brand new skins for Versus. Oh well, at least there's cool art to appreciate.

Due to the way they are doing their character models alternate costumes are very unlikely. They basically tweak the lighting and shading manually for every frame of animation to achieve that look. They'd have to do that again for alt costumes. By that point it's better for them to spend that effort for a new character.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Due to the way they are doing their character models alternate costumes are very unlikely. They basically tweak the lighting and shading manually for every frame of animation to achieve that look. They'd have to do that again for alt costumes. By that point it's better for them to spend that effort for a new character.
Ohh, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing that out! It's a shame though, huh? The game's such a looker and I love the character designs and would love to see the characters in various outfits, especially Gran and Djeeta with all the different job class looks they've got.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ohh, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing that out! It's a shame though, huh? The game's such a looker and I love the character designs and would love to see the characters in various outfits, especially Gran and Djeeta with all the different job class looks they've got.

Yea it is somewhat of a shame considering all the outfits these characters have. But if this is the price to pay for the amazing style they're going for then so be it.
GBVS at least has alternate weapon skins as somewhat of a compromise. Belial's weapon skins here a shades which is great and gives at least some degree of cosmetic customization.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Honestly sometimes I can't decide if the trade off for this art technique is worth it.

Especially for a series like this that have hundreds of alter costumes

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Here's a quick video in case you're interested in the technique behind this art style.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yea it is somewhat of a shame considering all the outfits these characters have. But if this is the price to pay for the amazing style they're going for then so be it.
GBVS at least has alternate weapon skins as somewhat of a compromise. Belial's weapon skins here a shades which is great and gives at least some degree of cosmetic customization.
Hmm, I suppose customizing weapons is better than nothing. I haven't actually gotten any weapon skins yet, how do you unlock those? Granted, I've only played the game for a bit. Bought it day 1 for the deluxe edition's art book but then stopped less than a week after, lmao.
Here's a quick video in case you're interested in the technique behind this art style.

Oh nice! Thanks! New Frame Plus' videos are awesome, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this a lot.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The real struggle is that they animate all the clothing by hand.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Looks like I've be coming back to this game just to try him out. Too bad everyone online will stomp me into oblivion.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No English voices when Belial and Cagliostro release kinda sucks, but oh well.

The description of Belial's fighting style is kinda confusing. I hope he's not straightforward.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Arc System Works does such an amazing job. When you play the game it's one of those experiences that's like 'yeah this is really what graphics in 2020 should look like'.

Jin

Oct 25, 2017
They did an amazing job on Belial, so much character in all his animations.
Looking super good.

Also ...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS CAGLIOSTRO