• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The persona strategy of saturating your franchise across as many genres as possibles, lol.

Full-featured paid OIIRA release when?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I just saw that Djeeta is included in the "Main Character" page of ReLink, but not in Versus... Sure hope we could play as her too.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Cygames sure are hitting up all the right names.

They got Platinum to do their action game.
They got Arc System to do their fighting game.

Which TOP quality guns for hire would they pick up next?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean these are all very specific weapons like the Grand series (Murgleis) and Brionac (Zeta's character draw weapon)

I think I see Sieg's sword there as well. Or is that Percy's character weapon.

Who am I kidding, of course all the 4 knights are going to be in this game.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Was wondering who's weapon it was right in the middle because it look so familiar.

Seems like it's Percival Lohengrin

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just saw that Djeeta is included in the "Main Character" page of ReLink, but not in Versus... Sure hope we could play as her too.

I think they said you can switch between Gran and Djeeta whenever you want, just like in Granblue. I just really hope we get some different job versions. Glorybringer would be super cool, as would Berserker.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Cygames sure are hitting up all the right names.

They got Platinum to do their action game.
They got Arc System to do their fighting game.

Which TOP quality guns for hire would they pick up next?
They've also absorbed some really exciting developers who are working on shit we don't know about. Like they have the director of Bravely Default, the producer of Danganronpa, etc.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Time for playable Belial. He'd have the best/worst winning quotes.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see ArcSys seems to finally get the recognition and fundings it deserves. But I'd rather have a new Guilty Gear tbh...

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So beautiful!

DuczWnOU0AEeQpC.jpg

DucxS8IU0AAN7sn.jpg

Ducx8T4VAAAO4d7.jpg

DucyzMWUUAUszo4.jpg

Ducy897VsAAxMEY.jpg

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Platinum and ArcSys, huh.

The power of this game is really undersold in the West, lol.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
If it does get localized, I'll get it for cheap unless Arcsys pulls out a miracle and actually has good rollback netcode (it won't, this is the safest OS ever)

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
I hope some of my favorite characters will make it, like Yuisis, Alexiel, Tweyen (Son) and Clarisse.

Dec 23, 2017
Man, this looks really nice.

I've been meaning to look into what Granblue Fantasy is all about and why it's so popular. This game and Relink look really cool, I like the character designs a lot.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Cygames ever so proactive in getting in on that cool shit. ArcSys must have expanded a lot to support all these games using this technique. I guess they can afford to take their time with the next guilty gear.

Oct 25, 2017
OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS LOOKS SO SICK

AAAAAAAAAH

More character types in one trailer than in the entirety of DBFZ.

Lead Battle Planner is Pachi, the same from the Xrd games.

HYYYYPE

I don't know shit about Granblue, but I want to play as that whip girl with the wolf and the wallbounce. Reminds me of Millia.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Did Granblue really make Cygames so much money that they're now able to basically fund AAA games in whatever genre they want?

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect artstyle. Would love to see a lot of the cast reimagined with the Arc Systems touch.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
RIP One Piece Fighterz

That being said i know next to nothing about this franchise.

after skimming the characters these are the two i like the most:
480px-Mariah_B.png

latest

The Mariah chick doesnt look that popular but id be down day -5 if she got in, This Zooey chick seems like a safer bet though. Man this series aesthetic doesnt appeal to me at all lmao but i love Arc sys

Oct 25, 2017
I'm terrible at fighting games, but hook this into my veins.

I never expected this series to get the Fighter Z treatment.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
Did Granblue really make Cygames so much money that they're now able to basically fund AAA games in whatever genre they want?

Granblue is 4 years old, still growing and still making a crapton of money. Not many mobile games do that. And thats just one game, they still got Shadowverse and many others which are netting them a ton of money. If they can throw money on massive newspaper spreads just to announce events for their games they literally have too much money and not know what to burn it on.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Charlotta amazing go get them girl !

Now waiting for the waifu contest to start... Vira, Narmaya, Metera...

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Slaythe Here's the official YouTube upload for the trailer:

Plus some screenshots, in case you want to add those to the OP too:
char_detail_gran_sc_img_01.png

char_detail_katalina_sc_img_01.png

char_detail_katalina_sc_img_02.png

char_detail_charlotta_sc_img_02.png

char_detail_lancelot_sc_img_01.png

char_detail_ferry_sc_img_01.png
(spoiler tagged cause they're 900px wide and might be annoying for some users)

The official website (in English) lists its platform as "PlayStation 4" only, so I think it's safe to say that it's an exclusive.

I'm really excited for this and Relink. I've been interested in Granblue Fantasy for the longest time, primarily because of Hideo Minaba's stunning art, but the main game itself is... well, it's not bad, but the format is simply not for me. Given that, now that CyGames is having games of differing genres made for its popular universe, then I can finally see these awesome character designs in action in the types of games I can see myself playing. I'm not big on fighting games, but if FighterZ is any indication, then I think I'll be able to enjoy this one a lot.