• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 2, 2018
Hopefully they'll manage to convert mobile players into console players unlike the Pokémon Let's Go failed attempt.

I hope you don't expect this game to be bigger than Let's Go. You would be disappointed.
And I don't know if Let's Go really failed at that. It moved consoles and we don't know how many of those migrated from mobile, at least I think we don't know that?
Also, Granblue, unlike Pokémen Go, never released outside of Japan, if I remember that correctly?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The artstyle gives me a big Breath of the Wild vibe, but with next-gen tech. It seriously look absolutely incredible.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great! But i hope this isn't the set main character. Last time i saw it we played as a woman right? Was this just a party member and this is a main character? I know nothing about Gran blue. Or can we chose gender? I really hope so, because he looks like every other jrpg main character.

There's a bunch of playable characters, and there is a female version of the character in this new footage that's playable.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look good, but the progression looks terrible and pretty linear.

The TBA date and the fact the video was 60fps leads me to think this will be a cross gen title

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks great! But i hope this isn't the set main character. Last time i saw it we played as a woman right? Was this just a party member and this is a main character? I know nothing about Gran blue. Or can we chose gender? I really hope so, because he looks like every other jrpg main character.

He's the player avatar (can be either gender) but the game's key selling point is the absolute massive cast of playable characters that they are drawing from.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Impressed by the graphics.
I was also about to complain about the silent main character, but if there's an explanation for that, okay.
The Rie Kugimiya mascot character is already getting on my nerves, though.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I probably shouldn't be worried about the official site not listing Percival anymore, yeah...? I'd be happy with the gameplay alone plus the "starter" cast of characters, but I'd love to see a ton of other party members to select from. I wonder if this'll follow the main game's story, though.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

He is the main character in the mobile game, but he's basically your typical silent protagonist and you can choose gender

character_detail_main_pic.png

The old plot synopsis made it seem like they were going to be absent so I assume you just play them for the prologue until shit hits the fan and the rest of the crew sets out to save them.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
It looks amazing.
I guess at this point I should give up hoping for a good Tales Of Game, instead we have all those other studios delivering better games it seems.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, the gameplay videos looks amazing. Hope it's a 2019 release.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fucking great. Really wanna play it.
Saw some Screenshots on page 2 here in this thread and the art direction and
level of detail makes my jaw drop. That's how I want a fantasy game to look like.
Reminds me of Xenoblade with way better tech and more action heavy gameplay thanks to PG.

Don't have any idea about the lore in this IP, but therefore I'm not worried about them missing out
on stuff that fans wanna see/hear. So yeah, I'm excited

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just like the main mobile game, Relink allows you to choose the gender for the protagonist, which is who you see in the video.
They're silent in the game, but you can play as your other party members as well.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
I don't read nor understand Japanese, but do the characters only get to use 4 artes at a time (one for each button) ? I hated it in Ni No Kuni.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
First time I hear about this game, and it looks incredible!
Both artistically and technically. Amazing job

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
You'd think Sony has to be doing something with that behind the scenes. A fully fledged Fate game is one of the few ways they can move serious units in Japan next gen.

Because just like you & most of everyone know, that acctually make perfect sense, so obviously Sony wont do it. : )

Sometimes, they're just dense & slow like that.

/Half joking

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that sounds like downplaying a great game...
Rather sounds like you're downplaying legit criticism like some braindead fanboy(sorry for the harsh callout but it is what it is, you responded with a total non engager ignoring the argument itself. Absolutely fucking stupid. Can people pls fucking stop being this dumb?). What we've seen so far at large has been very hallway setpiece focused that cannot be denied. And I say this with this being one of my most anticipated games but I don't get how people need to fall back on being this fragile to respond to something that is clearly a fair assessment with basically nothing of substance to deflect any negativity.

The actual counter argument that engages with this fair assessment is that the 14 minutes we see here is very likely from the very beginning of the game and will serve as an introductionary section. In the shorter trailer we see open fields so likely the game might have at least DQ11 ish segments or full on open worldish fields. We don't know yet. It's very unlikely that the whole game will be like the 14 minutes we see here but between this and the older demo where they fight against the lizards they did showcase only very controlled on rails FF13 ish segments so far.

Oct 27, 2017

Not at all, sorry if my post mislead you :D You can play solo/offline with AI companions.

I'm also a single player most of the time, but there is an obvious emphasis on co-op here. At this point no one really knows if this game will be heavy on story/exploration or mostly mission based tailored for group. And you know, 4 player team based games like those always reminds me some cult games of mine like Phantasy Star Online (or Monster Hunter)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Rather sounds like you're downplaying legit criticism like some braindead fanboy(sorry for the harsh callout but it is what it is, you responded with a total non engager ignoring the argument itself. Absolutely fucking stupid. Can people pls fucking stop being this dumb?). What we've seen so far at large has been very hallway setpiece focused that cannot be denied. And I say this with this being one of my most anticipated games but I don't get how people need to fall back on being this fragile to respond to something that is clearly a fair assessment with basically nothing of substance to deflect any negativity.

The actual counter argument that engages with this fair assessment is that the 14 minutes we see here is very likely from the very beginning of the game and will serve as an introductionary section. In the shorter trailer we see open fields so likely the game might have at least DQ11 ish segments or full on open worldish fields. We don't know yet. It's very unlikely that the whole game will be like the 14 minutes we see here but between this and the older demo where they fight against the lizards they did showcase only very controlled on rails FF13 ish segments so far.

Imo it looks much better than only "good" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And the rest is an opinion but has nothing to do with "terrible"...

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Not at all, sorry if my post mislead you :D

I'm also a single player most of the time, but there is an obvious emphasis on co-op here. At this point no one really knows if this game will be heavy on story/exploration or mostly mission based tailored for group. And you know, 4 player team based games like those always reminds me some cult games of mine like Phantasy Star Online (or Monster Hunter)

Ok, thanks.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
My main gripe so far is the special effects.

Them Japanese devs really love to use over the top effects which could basically cover the whole screen. It's usually not that bad for single main character, but here you've got like 4 characters in your party, with an additional one.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest: I don't know much about Granblue, never played the browser / mobile game etc. But the game announcement always had me curious. And the game itself looks great. Also it's by Platinum, so of course I'm interested. Looking forward to the English release!

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

As other posters have pointed out, you get to choose your main character from Gran (Man) or Djeeta (Woman). In the previous demos for the game, the main character being controlled was Katalina, who is also in this demo (the Woman swordsman using Ice magic), suggesting that you will be able to remove the main character/the main character may get removed later in the game. Katalina is part of the "main story" party in the mobile game which consists of the main character and 7 other characters that you see in the PV video in the OP. In regards to the main character looking like "every other jrpg main character" keep in mind that this is the avatar character for the player. In the mobile game you are able to change the main character's name and class, with class changing the character's appearance in regards to armor, weapons, and abilities.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (48 hours): Personal attacks and uncalled-for hostility towards other members.
Imo it looks much better than only "good" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And the rest is an opinion but has nothing to do with "terrible"...
Are you drugs? You're not really responding to anything just writing random garbage beside the point. Maybe next time just don't quote anyone if you have no intention to engage and just want to barf out your 2 cents?

Like what you're on about here? Whether it looks good or not has nothing AT ALL to do you responding to someone being worried about the displayed linearity with "you're downplaying a great game". For fucks sake you haven't even played it yet but you're so sure of your assessment in this way.
Saying it's all an opinion does nothing to answer for your original garbage response that just tries to deflect negativity.

All I'm saying fanboys have some modicum amount of critical thinking. After coming off the red dead II threads stuff like this just disgusts me because it legit fucks up any and all decent discussion that can be had if people just to ease their fragile egos throw in unrelated garbage and don't engage with what is said.
Don't be a zombie you can take someone sharing their personal worries about a title that isn't even out yet and might dissolve with later showing. You don't need to make this insanely garbage nonengaging 0 substance argument to deflect.

Like let's be real for a moment and pretend you're engaging with the original point. Do you really think that it isn't true that what we've seen so far is very on rails? Is that really deniable?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Like let's be real for a moment and pretend you're engaging with the original point. Do you really think that it isn't true that what we've seen so far is very on rails? Is that really deniable?

I also like linear games, not every dungeon must be a labyrinth.

But I don't like when things gets generally called terrible.
With the good old "Imo" it would sound better.

I hope it goes in a semi open world direction like DQ XI.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I'm actually a little bit excited to try this. Good to see a mobile dev working on a project like this, even if it is perhaps a vanity project (or a means of drawing console die hards towards a mobile game).

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
My main gripe so far is the special effects.

Them Japanese devs really love to use over the top effects which could basically cover the whole screen. It's usually not that bad for single main character, but here you've got like 4 characters in your party, with an additional one.

Yep, they need to tone it down.