• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The combat is looking so good! This might actually end up being my favourite combat system ever.

Anyway, the world also looks lovely. I really hope there is some sort of single player story mode.

From what I can glean, it can be played solo with AI team mates or as a multi player experience. So it seems so!

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Combat, movement and graphics are looking stellar, having P* is such a joy.

My only fear is the RPG elements: customization, quests, exploration, story and dialogues etc.

Is anyone else here kind of reminded of a Tales game, looking at this? I think that's probably a part of why I'm so excited.

As I've mentioned in the other thread- High budget Tales.

Absolutely.
Namco could learn a thing or two (or twenty) from this game for their first current gen only Tales. UE4 please!

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
4AuKvJM.gif

From what I can glean, it can be played solo with AI team mates or as a multi player experience. So it seems so!

What I mean is the structure of the game being like a normal RPG with story focus, rather than just going from fighting in one arena area to another.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Is it time for a twitter campaign so we can get this brought west? Do we need to try to get something trending?!

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a new studio right? Thats insanely impressive, to be able to already put out what looks to be one of the best JRPGs of this gen.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
My only fear is the RPG elements: customization, quests, exploration, story and dialogues etc.

If anything, sans exploration which would be a question mark, these are all things Cygames have a shit ton of experience excelling at.

edit: On the same topic

What I mean is the structure of the game being like a normal RPG with story focus, rather than just going from fighting in one arena area to another.

I guess what I'm trying to say with the previous sentence is Granblue is something that pretty much qualifies as a classic RPG in how its story plays out, and it does it simply with VN-style expositions in between what's essentially waves of the exact same simple NES-FF-style battle setup over and over.

I think it's completely possible for it to have a 'normal RPG's story focus' while still being short-session combat encounters and this is something I can already see Cygames doing rather well, but I'm willing to bet it'd be a little more integrated than that considering how much effort is put into modeling the town in the gameplay demo.

Last edited:

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yo, that 2D-like wipe animation on the shield is amazing. More 3D games that are trying to replicate traditional animation need to get on that level.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Your reactions about the graphics were a little exaggerated tbh,unless your expectations were really low for this one.
Anyway,the game looks fun/interesting.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
As I've mentioned in the other thread- High budget Tales.

Is anyone else here kind of reminded of a Tales game, looking at this? I think that's probably a part of why I'm so excited.

Same here, it really does have this kind of feel just with much more and better resources at its disposal.

Honestly I love love love these type of worlds! :D From the bits we saw it feels unique with its own identity and it feels lived in, please give me more like this! I also promise I'll one day properly play the mobile-game, just whenever I try I get somewhat intimidated and overwhelmed... :/

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Looks solid as hell, and that town made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Most definitely going to be importing if it doesn't get a Western release.

I for one, am happy to bow down to our Platinum overlords.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Platinum leveled up for sure, visually this looks so much better than Dragon Quest XI even! Love the art style too.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I like how this game doesn't do cell-shading. We have a lot of cell-shaded jrpgs it's nice to see different styles.
The effects are great! I like how her attacks would increase the skill bar and she'd use it on different abilities. Is this similar to the mobage?

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
I like how this game doesn't do cell-shading. We have a lot of cell-shaded jrpgs it's nice to see different styles.
The effects are great! I like how her attacks would increase the skill bar and she'd use it on different abilities. Is this similar to the mobage?
What are those cel shaded RPGs other than Xenoblade 2 (only on characters) and Ni No Kuni 2 (mostly on the characters and not even on the world map)? Dragon Quest XI (PS4) is more like this game too, no cel shading, just cartoony stylings in a realistic world, without even character outlines or special shadowing to it. I'd say it's going for a very similar style to this game, but this game has far more accomplished art direction in my opinion and looks great and I'd say more cartoony than DQXI thanks to that.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Even though Cygames hasn't released any of their games in english speaking territories (except for Shadowverse on mobile), they have been providing english language support for many of their games.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see the game available in english in other territories (i.e Asia) before it gets a release in the west.