• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
There was a bug with the downsampling at one point due to the system-wide ps4 downsample update, maybe they fixed it.

I just raced in the race cars. Much more difficult to handle, and the mists kick up like crazy in these Gr 1 cars. Looks amazing.

u6mZr9E.gif

Very impressive. PD nailed the lighting, as usual.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
This update is a mixed bag for me. Finally having rain (even if its just one track) is nice. The S2K and GTO are great additions.

However, one of the reasons I love GT Sport over some other GT Games is that it doesn't have too many needless duplicate cars. Now we just got two in this update. Hopefully that doesn't continue.

edit: Hopefully the Evo VIII/IX and Subaru 05' WRX arrive to the game in the future.

Last edited:

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
A pro race driver is doing a breakdown of the handling model for rain conditions. It's been discovered that the model online is actually dramatically different than in time trials

Tried to the 10:45 race last night in both time trial and custom race. Driving felt a little different between the two, but nothing major. Overall I was hoping for the rain conditions to have more effect (driving wise) but it's really not a major difference. I'm sure they'll tweak it over the coming months as they add more tracks but color me underwhelmed -_-
It's worth pointing out Arcade Time Trial is set to "Low" track grip, as is GT League. Sport Mode, Arcade Custom Races, and online lobbies allow track grip to be set to "Real". That's why there is a difference.

That being said, even in Arcade TT if you try a wet track with RH tires and TC0, it's not going to end well in a Gr.3 car.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else found the driving looks less impressive in gameplay than the replay?

Maybe there're adding more water spray and wetter roads since they are running at 30fps.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't seem like it from an outsiders perspective, but this game has a frightening amount of content to it. I bought it at launch with some reservations. Looking at the package on paper seemed thin in comparison to other racing games out there. But even then, the polish was pristine and what was there was a LOT to sink in to.

Now though? This is crazy. It's kinda like Hitman. You can easily spend dozens of hours on a single map.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
It doesn't seem like it from an outsiders perspective, but this game has a frightening amount of content to it. I bought it at launch with some reservations. Looking at the package on paper seemed thin in comparison to other racing games out there. But even then, the polish was pristine and what was there was a LOT to sink in to.

Now though? This is crazy. It's kinda like Hitman. You can easily spend dozens of hours on a single map.

I have spent i think 30 hours just driving my Stratos. It's great to learn all the tracks.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
In VR you can look around almost 360 degrees and go up closer to details.

This actually looks so convincing, so real that I was wincing as that guy was going around each corner for fear he'd wreck bad. Also the sounds have come up since I last played or something because that car sounds absolutely incredible.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Learning each track well enough to compete in the online racing is a huge challenge, and takes many, many hours.

Just going through the circuit challenges and getting all gold medals represents a really significant amount of content, and that's only one specific car per track.

Jan 17, 2019

Learning each track well enough to compete in the online racing is a huge challenge, and takes many, many hours.

Just going through the circuit challenges and getting all gold medals represents a really significant amount of content, and that's only one specific car per track.

Well :

1. Adriano Carrazza (Brazil) – 9.85hr/day
2. Kevan Pounder (USA) – 6.14hr/day
3. Andrew Brooks (Canada) – 5.30hr/day
4. Randall Haywood (USA) – 5.14hr/day
5. Fabian Portilla (Chile) – 5.11hr/day
6. Mark Pinnell (Canada) – 4.50hr/day
7. Igor Fraga (Brazil) – 4.05hr/day
8. Nicolas Rubilar (Chile) – 3.78hr/day
9. Shogo Yoshida (Japan) – 3.69hr/day
10. Jonathon Wong (Hong Kong) – 3.30hr/day

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Just started racing with race info only as the display option. It's really helpful, but in cars without a pronounced display for what gear you're in it's pretty awful. Couldn't imagine doing this with no information whatsoever.

Also, me and Interlagos made up. Still not at the pace I'd like to be but the off-angle turn into the three first gear turns is a technical nightmare until you figure it out.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
This game keeps delivering. I kinda feel sorry for having bought it just this year.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Add rain to Tokyo please I want to see the water under the bridges. ☔️

What tracks would everybody else want to see with rain?