• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
GTS is like $18 on Amazon. Is all of this included, or is this all behind a paywall or crazy grind? Dumb question I'm sure. I just kinda forgot about this game after the barebones launch and want a nice HDR sim racer before next gen.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
GTS is like $18 on Amazon. Is all of this included, or is this all behind a paywall or crazy grind? Dumb question I'm sure. I just kinda forgot about this game after the barebones launch and want a nice HDR sim racer before next gen.
Everything is included.

You will only need to grind if you are buying the 20M cars. Can't remember exactly which ones but only a handful are at that price. The others are all priced reasonably.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
finally..

giphy.gif

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded and copying has finished, finally!

Uh oh. Server is currently undergoing maintenance.

Oct 28, 2017
I want more rally courses. There's currently not enough. I want Swiss alps, Tahiti maze and Grand Canyon!

For city tracks, bring back Seattle and New York.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Favorite racing game of the gen keeps getting better.

Just give me my 718 Cayman (in any form), Lotus Evora, M2 and 370Z Nismo and I'd be a happy man.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want more rally courses. There's currently not enough. I want Swiss alps, Tahiti maze and Grand Canyon!

For city tracks, bring back Seattle and New York.
Rally?! That's by far the worst part for me in this game. Absolutely horrible to control and no fun whatsoever.
On-topic: Downloading the update now, will be finished in 70 seconds. I expect to wait an hour so that the patch is applied...

Edit:
Played a short race on the rain track and... yeah, it's light raining conditions and grip is of course worse in the corners especially.
One thing that is really bad is the windshield and the animation with the wipers and raindrops. It often looks like the wipers don't do anything with the raindrops or sometimes even add them. Only a minor thing, of course, but does seem off when the game does so many things right in terms or realism.

Edit2: Also I'm on version 1.43, not 1.42. I don't know if that's just an error on the thread title.

Last edited:
OP
OP
benzy

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Edit:
Played a short race on the rain track and... yeah, it's light raining conditions and grip is of course worse in the corners especially.
One thing that is really bad is the windshield and the animation with the wipers and raindrops. It often looks like the wipers don't do anything with the raindrops or sometimes even add them. Only a minor thing, of course, but does seem off when the game does so many things right in terms or realism.

Edit2: Also I'm on version 1.43, not 1.42. I don't know if that's just an error on the thread title.

I made the thread before the official website went up. The last update was 1.41, dunno why they skipped 1.42.

The wiper animation and windshield rain actually look pretty good to me.

QPzJ38d.gif

751granturismosport20xwkp2.png

64egranturismosport20rikrc.png

709granturismosport20vijha.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I made the thread before the official website went up. The last update was 1.41, dunno why they skipped 1.42.

The wiper animation and windshield rain actually look pretty good to me.

QPzJ38d.gif

751GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

64eGranTurismoSPORT2019.png

709GranTurismoSPORT2019.png
Only the first gif loads for me but anyway, I'll try to make a video tomorrow and upload it so you can see what I mean. A gif is not the best way to show it.

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
Is there a way to try the new cars without buying them? Just for a ride, time attack or something like that.
I think it wasn't possibile before, but maybe something changed?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

All the cars that are added need purchasing in game. Via either earned currency or mtx.

All tracks (and this rain!) are free for all.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
All the cars that are added need purchasing in game. Via either earned currency or mtx.

All tracks (and this rain!) are free for all.
Dont new cars can also bee gained from the daily milleage thing? Or that only rewards the old cars? Most of my garage has been filled with that, managing to save lots of credits for the more exotics i really want in my collection.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so the different times of day have different intensities of rain. With 10.30 being the heaviest rain, and 17.30 the lightest.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Dont new cars can also bee gained from the daily milleage thing? Or that only rewards the old cars? Most of my garage has been filled with that, managing to save lots of credits for the more exotics i really want in my collection.
I believe they add new cars too. As long as you get on and do a race or two you basically get most of the cars for free.

Okay, so the different times of day have different intensities of rain. With 10.30 being the heaviest rain, and 17.30 the lightest.
Good to know! I'll have to try the 10:30 race when I get home.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
The lighting with the rain produces some spectacular visuals! I fully expect many more tracks to be retrofit. There's defo some drops on Pro, but they are pretty quick to resolve. I think the windscreen wiper stuff looks more than serviceable IMO. I'm just thinking of what next gen GT is going to look like!!!

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
You'll have to level up your driver/profile to get all the tracks. But everything is in the game free of charge. Just play some single player stuff and you'll unlock the tracks fairly quickly. The game hands gifts you a car just for playing. You'll get a bunch of cars fast. Just get ready to download 50-70GBs though.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
A pro race driver is doing a breakdown of the handling model for rain conditions. It's been discovered that the model online is actually dramatically different than in time trials

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

Good to know. Only tested the 17:30 option and rain was very light, but I thought the intensity was variable depending on number of cars or something like that. Gonna test the 10:30 later.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping for a more traditional GT experience for the PS5 :)

It seems like you're going to get it. Kaz has said that the next game will be a combination of the past, present and future of GT. In his words, it'll be "a complete form of Gran Turismo". He also noted that he doesn't really go back and play the older games, but since being on the FIA GT tour he noticed that the people participating are always bringing around copies of GT2 and GT3 with them. So he feels that it's given him hints of what they should be doing with the next game. Rather notably, he retweeted this from one of the participants

OP
OP
benzy

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I was surprised to see 3 different times settings with rain and each with varied levels. If they're hand-doing all of this and optimizing for each track, would explain why Red Bull Ring only has rain for now.

I think they improved the AA too, my shots haven't looked this clean since the beta especially the car lines.

Gameplay shots.

244GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

623GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

214GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

Last edited:

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
Yeah, I was surprised to see 3 different times settings with rain and each with varied levels. If they're hand-doing all of this and optimizing for each track, would explain why Red Bull Ring only has rain for now.

I think they improved the AA too, my shots haven't looked this clean since the beta especially the car lines.

Gameplay shots.

244GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

623GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

214GranTurismoSPORT2019.png
Benzy, i had the same thoughts, but passed off as placebo or some shit like that...

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like you're going to get it. Kaz has said that the next game will be a combination of the past, present and future of GT. In his words, it'll be "a complete form of Gran Turismo". He also noted that he doesn't really go back and play the older games, but since being on the FIA GT tour he noticed that the people participating are always bringing around copies of GT2 and GT3 with them. So he feels that it's given him hints of what they should be doing with the next game. Rather notably, he retweeted this from one of the participants

Nice. GT2 was always my favorite.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to trying this rain track when my update finishes copying *glares at screen for twenty minutes*

OP
OP
benzy

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Benzy, i had the same thoughts, but passed off as placebo or some shit like that...

There was a bug with the downsampling at one point due to the system-wide ps4 downsample update, maybe they fixed it.

I just raced in the race cars. Much more difficult to handle, and the mists kick up like crazy in these Gr 1 cars. Looks amazing.

u6mZr9E.gif

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
There was a bug with the downsampling at one point due to the system-wide ps4 downsample update, maybe they fixed it.

I just raced in the race cars. Much more difficult to handle, and the mists kick up like crazy in these Gr 1 cars. Looks amazing.

u6mZr9E.gif

Gotcha. The head/tail lights look magnificent in the rain in HDR!

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
Tried the rain and it's a joke. No puddles feedback, water drops on the cars are invisible and not animated. The sound sucks. It's only more slippery.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
In my opinion Polyphony has done a really good job on the rain conditions.

The driving feeling is a lot better from what I was hoping or expecting. Especially for a game like Gran Turismo. I wasn't expecting fully realistic rain simulation. Its not a pure simulation racing game like Assetto Corsa for example.

The Red Bull Ring at dawn in the rain is really beautiful.

To be honest I wasn't expecting anymore rain on GT Sport so this is a nice bonus for any track they will add rain conditions in the future.

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Driving in Full Wet is awesome. Pretty challenging as expected.

Note: Time Trial mode is set to "LOW" wet setting. To set to "HIGH" lobby or dont know if custom race it has

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I can see them rebranding sport as GT7 and launching it on the ps5. 500+ Cars 8k 30fps or 4k 120fps. More tracks then we have now and weather on them all. Plus hopefully more of the fun stuff from the older GT's. And then regularly updating it throughout the gen. I can see it being big.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Tried to the 10:45 race last night in both time trial and custom race. Driving felt a little different between the two, but nothing major. Overall I was hoping for the rain conditions to have more effect (driving wise) but it's really not a major difference. I'm sure they'll tweak it over the coming months as they add more tracks but color me underwhelmed -_-