• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Like these titles, GT Sport Spec II will contain a whole raft of game updates on the disc — or in the download, if you prefer — to save on a lengthy update process. However there is no new game version to go with it; you'll simply get GT Sport complete up to the v1.39 update back in May. That means the new version will contain 275 of the game's 293 cars, and 75 circuits. For newcomers to GT Sport, or those wanting to install the game on a new console, it'll be something of a blessing.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-spec-ii-arrives-october-4/

The edition also includes 2.5 million in-game credits and 10 Gr.3 cars (check the site for the list).

Gran Turismo Sport's updates had reached a ridiculous size for a physical version, so this is great news. Shame it won't include the october update though, so everyone will still have to download the cars and tracks released from May until today.

Qut2MmJ.jpg

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
awesome, i'll tell my brother about this. he sold the game after he found out there's a huge amount of updates and you can't really play it without going online and you can't go online without updating.
what's the price? maybe i should get it as a gift.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds pointless as a digital SKU, but a great idea for physical copies. Would love to see more super long-tail games do this going forward

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine this will be $20 since all updates have been free and GT just hit GH line up.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Imagine this will be $20 since all updates have been free and GT just hit GH line up.
From what they've said in the article, this version is a little more expensive (at least in Japan). The regular version will be the PS Hits one instead, without the free cars and 2.5mil bonus.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
ahh, I've been considering a physical copy for a while. perhaps I'll just wait for this and save my shitty internet the stress.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
GT Sport reminded me why I fell in love with Gran Turismo as a kid. I suddenly remembered that I love cars.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I missed out on sport so how's the game in its current state? Might be a good time to jump in for me, recently really got into f1 racing for some reason so this could be right up my alley

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means there's going to be a new intro? GT5's Spec II got a really cool intro to replace the original

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Im sorta disappointed here, it seems like "spec II" in this case is just the updated physical version and not and actual update to the game like GT5 got.

still neat tho. I like the newer cover art a bit more.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I've actually been wanting to play this, Forza Horizon 4 is the best racing game I've ever played but this is the first GT I've ever skipped, just because of timing and so many games, gonna definitely pick this up, hopefully it's $20 if not I might just get the regular version. I imagine it's like GT6 was for updates If you haven't done it in a while though where you literally gotta let your PlayStation stay on over night. That's probably what this solves and why they say it's a godsend.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Fully deserved. More updates still to come. I can't help but feel we're not getting all the cars/tracks they're working on either. They're giving us some but the rest will be held back for GT7. My guess is 2021. That package will be insane.

I'm logging onto sport every day doing my daily. Slowly but surely getting really good at it.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
So, if I dont sub to PS+ anymore should I even bother with GT Sport now? Dont think I'll be picking up this Spec version, but might just well buy the PS Hits one for 20 bucks

Is it worth it even if I dont plan on subscribing to PS+ anytime soon?

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
They should have had the cover with one of the cars in the rain. The rain in the night tracks looks unreal.

Deleted member 12129

Oct 27, 2017
So if im considering getting GT Sport, should I wait for this? Or can I just get the digital version now?

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
I think this Spec II is basically like the Deluxe edition of vanilla GTSport that just coincides with GTSport becoming apart of the new Playstation Hits titles. Would explain why they didn't wait until they were finished with all DLC content before making a Spec II; it doesn't even include data on disc for the recent rain, Sardegna road course, and car updates we got which means they had to finalize the Spec II content back in May. But great to have a version with most of the update data in disc form.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This continues to be one of my favorite time-killers in PSVR. Assuming the price stays in line with new (not discounted) physical copies, this is a cool revamp to get out there. If they end up effectively charging extra for the free updates, that would be lame.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I barely see a point for a disc release for gaas model but perhaps it's worth it for people with data caps.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
So, if I dont sub to PS+ anymore should I even bother with GT Sport now? Dont think I'll be picking up this Spec version, but might just well buy the PS Hits one for 20 bucks

Is it worth it even if I dont plan on subscribing to PS+ anytime soon?

Iffy? You can build up resources/podiums from the single-player races, and if you have PSVR, the Time Trial mode (the only option, unfortunately) is really fun. I do think if online isn't a focus/option for you, it's not a definite yes. $20 though is good even with the narrowed selection of stuff to do.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So if im considering getting GT Sport, should I wait for this? Or can I just get the digital version now?

Looks to me like this is exactly the same game but with a new title. All the updates have been free and are just part of the game when you put the disc in so it's not like its bundling in any DLC or anything.

Id only wait for this one if you have a strict data cap and don't want to deal with the updates.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Sony's starting to open up to multiple discs rather than vouchers.

Glares at Spoderman

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I got GT Sport day one pretty cheap and the game has massively improved, turning into an excellent game, so I'm happy to buy this to get most of the content on the disc and support the game / PD.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's great that they're releasing a more complete version.

But why miss out on this? That's just stupid.
At the time this disk had gotten into production, they likely didn't have the update ready to ship. Whatever version they release now will be obsolete anyways, as the game still has at least 1 more year of support.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
At the time this disk had gotten into production, they likely didn't have the update ready to ship. Whatever version they release now will be obsolete anyways, as the game still has at least 1 more year of support.

Maybe so, but I'm wondering how much longer they would have needed to wait.

Still, completely worth it if there's a fully complete Spec III further down the line.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity how big is the current vanilla update?

I wonder how much bigger next-gen games are gonna get with this sudden influx of two-disc games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have anything to offer me if the only thing I care about in Gran Turismo is the campaign and its loop of winning money then buying new shit?

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Does this game have anything to offer me if the only thing I care about in Gran Turismo is the campaign and its loop of winning money then buying new shit?
You have the driving school, circuit experiences, the missions and the GT League which can offer some of that. However, singleplayer racing isn't even close to being the focus.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Id probably say no. I like GTS a lot - the online racing is unrivalled. And there's a lot of single player leagues and stuff but if you're looking for classic winning money and upgrading your cars to make them beasts loop then GTS probably won't scratch that itch. It's a different game these days.