• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got back into this game after a long haitus. I still dont have a good set up for my wheel but its better than the TV tray I was using. Really loving this, I definitely need to get better before jumping online though.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IMO, you get better by playing online.

Yep the best way to learn is by putting in a good amount of time in qualifying for the daily races and then entering.

One thing you will always have to accept is that there are always going to be people faster than you. But the great thing about sport mode is the fact that you can have some great mid-pack battles, it's not all about winning. Just jump online, be clean and have fun.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Have had this game for a while and still haven't done my first online race. Will soon though.

Also...WHERE THE HELL IS THE P1?!

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great on a HDR TV but why is it so overly bright and washed out at normal exposure settings? It's way too bright at 0 EV, night time doesn't look like night and all the detail is lost in the sky. It looks way better with the exposure down all the way.

I have a 2017 Vizio M with HDR10 and DolbyVision, HDR has always looked perfect on it, it's just this game that's looking weird.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Game looks great on a HDR TV but why is it so overly bright and washed out at normal exposure settings? It's way too bright at 0 EV, night time doesn't look like night and all the detail is lost in the sky. It looks way better with the exposure down all the way.

I have a 2017 Vizio M with HDR10 and DolbyVision, HDR has always looked perfect on it, it's just this game that's looking weird.
Weird. On my Sony A1 OLED the HDR is perfect at normal settings.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
How the f-ing fuck does someone drive 1.35.8 in the group c race. Jeez just when I thought I was gaining..

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Finally started playing, now that I got my Drivehub and can use my old G27.
I'll do all the licenses before jumping online.

Couple questions:

Does getting GOLD licenses/sp races gets you different gifts like on previous GTs or yiu just get more money/exp here? I'm currently playing to get all GOLDs but I won't bother as much if it's not gonna net me a sweeter car, lol!

Can't find a way to set-up my default camera and can only change cockpit set-up (height/seating distance) from in-game? Do I have to do it for each car? If yes, will the game remember it when I go back to previously driven cars?

Is there no way to select NEXT event with a button press or something? Do I really need to go each time to the EVENTS panel and pick my next license?

Lastly, is there full control over the HUD this time? Or you can still only go FULL/SOME/NONE? :-(

Thanks!

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Finally bit on this today as it was in GAME for £15 new. Excited to try out Le Mans to get myself in the mood for next weekend. Do I need to download it from somewhere or is it just part of the update?

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Finally started playing, now that I got my Drivehub and can use my old G27.
I'll do all the licenses before jumping online.

Couple questions:

Does getting GOLD licenses/sp races gets you different gifts like on previous GTs or yiu just get more money/exp here? I'm currently playing to get all GOLDs but I won't bother as much if it's not gonna net me a sweeter car, lol!

Can't find a way to set-up my default camera and can only change cockpit set-up (height/seating distance) from in-game? Do I have to do it for each car? If yes, will the game remember it when I go back to previously driven cars?

Is there no way to select NEXT event with a button press or something? Do I really need to go each time to the EVENTS panel and pick my next license?

Lastly, is there full control over the HUD this time? Or you can still only go FULL/SOME/NONE? :-(

Thanks!
I'm not sure tbh. I know you need Gold in Circuit Experiences (bronze and silver give you decals). But aim for Gold anyway, it's good exercise and there are trophies for that.

Default camera resets each time you exit the game, but bumper cam is superior cam anyway :P full rear view mirror and radar in the middle is perfection.
Cockpit settings need to be adjusted in race, yes. Every car has its own settings. The game will remember them.

Yeah you can select the next event, it's the icon next to Replay. You can't do it in GT League, for some strange reason.

No, only full/time/none.

Finally bit on this today as it was in GAME for £15 new. Excited to try out Le Mans to get myself in the mood for next weekend. Do I need to download it from somewhere or is it just part of the update?
It's part of the update, if you can't find it in Arcade mode you probably need to reach a certain level

pikaviz

Oct 28, 2017
Just picked this up today. Am I missing something or are the only online choices a) pick a random room and hope a race is starting soon or b) spend 15 minutes qualifying before getting to a race?

I was hoping I could play this by hopping on for a quick online match every now and then and I'm getting the feeling this is not that game

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked this up today. Am I missing something or are the only online choices a) pick a random room and hope a race is starting soon or b) spend 15 minutes qualifying before getting to a race?

I was hoping I could play this by hopping on for a quick online match every now and then and I'm getting the feeling this is not that game

Qualifying is good because
a) it lets you warm up, making you faster during the race and less likely to have an accident...which leads to cleaner races for everyone.
b) The higher you qualify, the better your starting position will likely be. The points you get are determined by finishing place, so this is important if you want to move up in the ranks.

Also, you only need to qualify for a race once per day. There is no instant quickmatch race option though, because the focus of this game is on racecraft and clean driving, so they want everyone to be prepared before racing.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking of picking this one up. Is the Deluxe digital version worth it? Is the currency difficult to come by?

pikaviz

Oct 28, 2017
Qualifying is good because
a) it lets you warm up, making you faster during the race and less likely to have an accident...which leads to cleaner races for everyone.
b) The higher you qualify, the better your starting position will likely be. The points you get are determined by finishing place, so this is important if you want to move up in the ranks.

Also, you only need to qualify for a race once per day. There is no instant quickmatch race option though, because the focus of this game is on racecraft and clean driving, so they want everyone to be prepared before racing.
It's true that it definitely leads to a better race. I was substantially better in a race than I was on my first practice lap! It's just the fact between deciding I want to do a race, and actually starting that race, some 20 minutes have gone by. I'll probably just stick to single player for my quick driving fix.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
It's true that it definitely leads to a better race. I was substantially better in a race than I was on my first practice lap! It's just the fact between deciding I want to do a race, and actually starting that race, some 20 minutes have gone by. I'll probably just stick to single player for my quick driving fix.
The races are scheduled for the same times every single day, have been since launch I think. It's easy enough to jump in 5 mins before a race is due to start or even less if you've already laid down your qualifying lap for the day

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The only semi-serious racing game in existence that will will give you what you want in that sense is Forza. If you want a preview of what a lack of practice/qualifying means for online lobbies then have a look at this guy's YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/xSUPERxGTx

Believe me, it's for the best. If nothing else the fact that you have to wait for races to start filters out a large number of impatient wreckers.

Thinking of picking this one up. Is the Deluxe digital version worth it? Is the currency difficult to come by?

No the Deluxe version is not worth it. Everything in it can be earned in game with little to no fuss.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a big fail.

Had a race where I was in third and we´re pitting within 2 seconds of each other. Coming out of the pits I´m 3 seconds behind the first two while underfueling my car. So my brilliant mind thinks they didn´t change tires.

Next race, pretty much an A+ lobby I'm in 13th coming into the pits so I decide to not change tires and underfuel the car a bit. I come out in 4th, my face:

giphy.gif

Jesus Christ I'm not doing that again, makes driving on ice seem like a nice relaxing sunday drive compared to that 4th lap just now.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure tbh. I know you need Gold in Circuit Experiences (bronze and silver give you decals). But aim for Gold anyway, it's good exercise and there are trophies for that.

Default camera resets each time you exit the game, but bumper cam is superior cam anyway :P full rear view mirror and radar in the middle is perfection.
Cockpit settings need to be adjusted in race, yes. Every car has its own settings. The game will remember them.

Yeah you can select the next event, it's the icon next to Replay. You can't do it in GT League, for some strange reason.

No, only full/time/none.

It's part of the update, if you can't find it in Arcade mode you probably need to reach a certain level

Thanks for the replies man!
Tho I can't believe once again PD hasn't learned how important HUD customization is :(

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I wish it was present, as the game has a stupid low fuel warning sentence in red letters right in the middle of the screen that you can't turn off. Just stupid.
The weird thing is that I always get the first pit warning around 0.3 laps left (good), and the second pit warning at 1.3 laps left (bad, it stays on the screen for the entire following lap). Must be a bug.

It gets worse when racing in extremely angled roof cams like the Lambo GT3 one, the warning is exactly on the horizon line IIRC

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
The weird thing is that I always get the first pit warning around 0.3 laps left (good), and the second pit warning at 1.3 laps left (bad, it stays on the screen for the entire following lap). Must be a bug.

It gets worse when racing in extremely angled roof cams like the Lambo GT3 one, the warning is exactly on the horizon line IIRC

It's bafflingly stupid and annoying. Like doing a race at Nordschiefe, it'll just be in your way for 6-7 minutes. They could have placed it higher up, come up with a more elegant HUD notification, or just let me turn it off if I want.

It's the thing I actually hate the most in GT Sport.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Just got the game in the E3 sale and am level 11. Any tips to get the most out of the experience? Seems like I need to do the marathon a day to get some pretty decent rewards.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are Sony sweeping this game under the rug or what?

No mention of it at E3 at all. A road map for new content would be nice.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Most likely.

My thoughts on the next update:
* Silverstone (would go perfectly with the F1 Race in July)
* New Porsche (944 and/or classic 911)
* Tesla Roadster
* Vision GT car

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What's this game like if you're not interested in playing online?

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
512 BB in a one make daily!!! Such good races already. What a fun car to drive. Just make an entire sport mode league that is just daily races with 512BB.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I've been enjoying this game as a casual off-line player. The game dirt cheap now which helps.

Are they still planning on adding weather? Seems like a glaring omission.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
I've been enjoying this game as a casual off-line player. The game dirt cheap now which helps.

Are they still planning on adding weather? Seems like a glaring omission.
I'm hoping for dynamic weather and time of day. No idea if it's planned or not. Wish they were a bit better at communicating planned dlc/updates

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I would take dynamic time over weather all day. Their tire model is no where near good enough to do wet racing and they are way behind on dynamic dry line modeling. On top of that, damage is never on so what's the point of making it slippery? Also the framerate would probably die with 16 cars and rain spray.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I think rain might get added once PD implement the new tyre physics. I don't see dynamic time of day happening unless the game gets a PS5 patch.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm surprised they haven't patched in more UI options still. As a casual all I really want is the minimal and lap/race position.

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jumped back in after taking a break, sport mode as great as ever! Any reason they changed DR S to A+ and maybe other changes I should know about? Thanks

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
They teased rain in the Honda VGT trailer, but I don't think it'll be dynamic. Likewise I don't think ToD is in the works.
It's probably not their focus this time, where the core of the game revolves around short, competitive online races

Jumped back in after taking a break, sport mode as great as ever! Any reason they changed DR S to A+ and maybe other changes I should know about? Thanks
It was awkward for German players to be tagged S/S

I have no idea, but an EU FIA Championship finalist said it's coming back "with a twist": https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-nurburgring-world-tour-mega-report.378185/

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Especially weird considering an Italian won the round at the Nurburgring...

Asking here as well, anyone got any experience with using the Fanatec CSL Elite with GT Sport? Considering a change from the G29.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
So what's everyone's manufacturer choice going to be?

Through all the test seasons I found myself most comfortable with Ferrari. Both of the cars just suit my driving style.

Number9

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So I just bought the game and did the first 30 or so Driving School Challenges. Will be playing with a controller and I've had experience with sims as rFactor on PC.

Any tips are welcome. Should I go straight to online after the Driving School? Can I compete with cars I don't own? Also, I don't have anyone to compare times to, so if someone wants to add me I'm "nmbr_nine9" on PSN :)

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
So I just bought the game and did the first 30 or so Driving School Challenges. Will be playing with a controller and I've had experience with sims as rFactor on PC.

Any tips are welcome. Should I go straight to online after the Driving School? Can I compete with cars I don't own? Also, I don't have anyone to compare times to, so if someone wants to add me I'm "nmbr_nine9" on PSN :)

My main advice would be take the time to qualify well. It's a lot easier to have a nice clean race and do well if you're starting near the front rather than in the middle of the pack. Have a look at what cars the top guys are using but until you go up in rank it's going to be more about how well you can drive the track than differences in car performance.