• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
thanks again. could I ask you something? I'm not very good at doing GIF: / could you do about the rendering of the night light in the rain. Ingame or replay or both would be great
it is to feed the old topic of racing games next gen on neogaf ^^
Thx a lot

Ah, I see that thread is still going, with still some bias comparison pics lol.

You mean like this?

pUpi4fE.gif

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
Ah, I see that thread is still going, with still some bias comparison pics lol.

You mean like this?

yes there is always a little life and since the release of the rain in GT sport it returns more beautiful it's fun to see the pictures of each other ^^ happy to see you again
it's perfect thank you and if you have replay a few things that shows the lights of lights that reflect on the scenery it will be great <3

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
yes there is always a little life and since the release of the rain in GT sport it returns more beautiful it's fun to see the pictures of each other ^^ happy to see you again
it's perfect thank you and if you have replay a few things that shows the lights of lights that reflect on the scenery it will be great <3

9nUvNfF.gif

ZlTi1lp.gif

ukz6Efn.gif

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Goodness night rain looks incredible. Spec II video?! Can I go back to the old one in the menu? I want to revisit the GOAT.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone watching DTM X Super GT at Hockenheim?

It's like Gran Turismo come to life. Except GT doesn't have DTM cars right now. Or Hockenheim. :(

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Just got into playing this. Lot of fun so far, though I'm still trying to learn the basic layout etc (I played GT 3, 4, 5 and 6).

Couple questions:
- in brand central when looking at new cars, is there no way to manually control the camera? kinda sucks waiting for a side/profile view.
- it seems like there's no modding like in the past games, is that correct?

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Couple questions:
- in brand central when looking at new cars, is there no way to manually control the camera? kinda sucks waiting for a side/profile view.
- it seems like there's no modding like in the past games, is that correct?

1. No, but you can switch to a rotating studio scene, at the bottom of the screen above the color selector.
2. What kind of modding, like the weird stuff in GT3&4 where they swapped engines around? Nope.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
1. No, but you can switch to a rotating studio scene, at the bottom of the screen above the color selector.
2. What kind of modding, like the weird stuff in GT3&4 where they swapped engines around? Nope.
1 -- thanks.
2 -- just simple things, upgrading the exhaust, maybe add a turbo, upgraded suspension and whatnot.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
1 -- thanks.
2 -- just simple things, upgrading the exhaust, maybe add a turbo, upgraded suspension and whatnot.

No, all upgrades are automatically unlocked. Changes to power and weight are done via sliders in the car settings menu, but you have to unlock higher levels with mileage points. You can still have a Skyline with 1000+ bhp that way. And there is an extensive livery editor for cars, helmets and suits. You can also change rims there, and some cars offer things like different light covers.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
No, all upgrades are automatically unlocked. Changes to power and weight are done via sliders in the car settings menu, but you have to unlock higher levels with mileage points. You can still have a Skyline with 1000+ bhp that way. And there is an extensive livery editor for cars, helmets and suits. You can also change rims there, and some cars offer things like different light covers.
ohhhhh, I didn't realize that's how it works now. thanks, that helps a lot. Still wish it was the old system, but at least I can tune/upgrade to some extent.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I pity the fool buying the game now. Must be 100GBs of patches to go through. At least it's better than GT5 that for some reason had to first be patched at the system level and then again inside the game. One update at the time...
yeah that was GT6. Such a pain in the ass. But the PS4 also isn't kidding between the "Preparing for download" and the "Copying"

Oct 27, 2017
It's only one circuit, but they don't come much better. Having Spa back makes this game feel so much more complete. The wait was worth it.

The Taycan is nuts; keep its not-inconsiderable mass in check, and it's a weapon. Thing comes out of corners like it was fired from a railgun.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I pity the fool buying the game now. Must be 100GBs of patches to go through. At least it's better than GT5 that for some reason had to first be patched at the system level and then again inside the game. One update at the time...

Well, they released Spec II for a reason. It's just 2 patches back at the moment I think.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I started grinding the circuit experiences, and what the fuck is it with PD and rallying? It is absolutely terrible in this game. Obviously they have no idea how a car behaves on gravel, so why include it in the game? I think I'm going to leave Fisherman's Ranch as the last boss for myself.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Drove my S2000 around Spa a couple times last night and it was incredible. It's crazy how much a good track adds to the experience.

Tried it in the wet with a C7R. Immediately put my driving skills in its place.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Still irked I never platinum'd GTS. Did it for 5 and 6 and I want to be a completionist but the 91 wins, 65 Poles and grinding to level 50 are going to be a bitch. I wanted to see if I could do this by years end but I will have to really hope for some good rolls on weekly sport races where I can bank a bunch of wins. I am currently at 34 wins, 154 races and 41 poles and Level 42. The most annoying part of this will be having to constantly tank my safety rating each week. For whatever reason, there is this imaginary line you an cross at DR B / SR S where you go from racing people very close to your skill level to being dumped into servers with aliens. I have no idea why the game does this after I get a win or two but tanking safety rating is the only way I have found to get me back racing against people who are .1-.5 tenths of my pace compared to people nearly a second faster and in the top 25 of leaderboard qualy laps. My backup plan for getting this platinum is hoping a new GT game comes out on PS5 soon, and then hopefully finding the GTS servers much more sparse and banking some wins and poles that way.

On a different note, Spa is a really good drift track in addition to being a legendary race track. The corners flow so well.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Are there really no snowy tracks in this game? They've always been my favorite part of GT.

Besides that, I'm really enjoying the single player. It's so addictive that I ended up blowing my way through the driving school and now I'm working on the challenge mode.

The way GT games are streamlined into a neat package is always the sticking point for me. I've played a bunch of Project Cars and other sims, but nothing gets me in like GT.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
So I have some cars that like the Bugatti and the Aston Martin Vulcan that seem to hit a gear and take awhile to shift up in automatic. Idk why that's on by default for someone driving automatic. Are there any tips for noobs in the department in the changing of gears, etc?

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
So I have some cars that like the Bugatti and the Aston Martin Vulcan that seem to hit a gear and take awhile to shift up in automatic. Idk why that's on by default for someone driving automatic. Are there any tips for noobs in the department in the changing of gears, etc?

Is this one of the long top gears like 6 or 7 or is this while accelerating up through lower gears, like 1-4? If it is top speed gears, you are likely just hitting some really long gears, if it is during acceleration, are you getting wheel spin? Hitting rev limiter?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone help me out?

I decided to get a PS4 Pro again due to Death Stranding and getting the adapter to let me use my Xbox One Elite on the PS4. With the bonus that my Logitech GT Racing Wheel for Xbox One will work with the Brook adapter. When I had my PRO before one of my favorite games was GT but that was over a year ago.

What i need help with is that the PS Store lists 2 entries for the game. One for $19.99 and one for $29.99. They both have the same image, but in the text it says Spec II for the $29.99 version and it shows a release date of October 2018. I thought all the content to the original was FREE? So what is the difference between the two?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out?

I decided to get a PS4 Pro again due to Death Stranding and getting the adapter to let me use my Xbox One Elite on the PS4. With the bonus that my Logitech GT Racing Wheel for Xbox One will work with the Brook adapter. When I had my PRO before one of my favorite games was GT but that was over a year ago.

What i need help with is that the PS Store lists 2 entries for the game. One for $19.99 and one for $29.99. They both have the same image, but in the text it says Spec II for the $29.99 version and it shows a release date of October 2018. I thought all the content to the original was FREE? So what is the difference between the two?

Everything is free. The Spec II in the store gives you a bunch of credits and 10 on the best cars in the game to start off. That's the only difference. If you get the $20 version it'll update to Spec II when you're downloading all the updates, but you won't get those credits or the extra cars.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Everything is free. The Spec II in the store gives you a bunch of credits and 10 on the best cars in the game to start off. That's the only difference. If you get the $20 version it'll update to Spec II when you're downloading all the updates, but you won't get those credits or the extra cars.
But if everything is free why would I get locked out of the extra cars? Or am I misunderstanding you? Do they sell cars in a market place?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
But if everything is free why would I get locked out of the extra cars? Or am I misunderstanding you? Do they sell cars in a market place?

You still need to purchase cars in-game like you did with other GT games. But whenever there's a new update those cars or tracks are added right into the game. You don't have to pay real money to get them in some sort of season pass-type of thing. So you aren't locked out of any cars or tracks. It's just that if you buy Spec II they'll immediately give you 10 of the best cars in the game. And they'll give you 2.5 million credits to purchase other cars.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
You still need to purchase cars in-game like you did with other GT games. But whenever there's a new update those cars or tracks are added right into the game. You don't have to pay real money to get them in some sort of season pass-type of thing. So you aren't locked out of any cars or tracks. It's just that if you buy Spec II they'll immediately give you 10 of the best cars in the game. And they'll give you 2.5 million credits to purchase other cars.

Ok I get it. Thank you for explaining it to me. I was really confused. I might just get the $29.99 version since it is only $10.00 more. Thank you again...appreciate it!

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
"With the next Gran Turismo game still a closely guarded secret, this is a particularly sensitive time for Polyphony Digital. It was not easy to arrange this tour, and I would like to thank my friends at Sony and Polyphony for making it possible."​

Also sounds like Daiki Kasho is coming back for GT7.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to trying Spa. I'm so glad they finally added it, it's just so enjoyable to drive and race on. But it's painful that they didn't provide a night mode. I really don't understand why PD doesn't think classic endurance 24h racing circuits deserve the night treatment for authenticity's sake.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to trying Spa. I'm so glad they finally added it, it's just so enjoyable to drive and race on. But it's painful that they didn't provide a night mode. I really don't understand why PD doesn't think classic endurance 24h racing circuits deserve the night treatment for authenticity's sake.

I'm pretty sure they want to but it's due to the amount of extra time required to make night races. For the sunny/dawn settings they only have to worry about one light source, which is the sun. For night races they have to set up all of the extra individual light sources in the circuit, which can range from 100s to 1000s.

www.gtplanet.net

Polyphony Digital Reveals GT Sport's "Iris" Ray Tracing System at CEDEC 2018

Since Polyphony Digital first launched Gran Turismo, the company has been creating some of the most graphically impressive titles in the video game industry. Detailed car models and beautiful lighting has been a hallmark of the series for more than 20 years. It's a bit of a mysterious art, though

Another topic of discussion is multiple lighting sources, the light from which overlaps and interacts with itself in many complex ways. The greatest challenge was presented by Northern Isle Speedway's night course, which has over 208 unique lighting sources.
The Nurburgring has 2,308 light sources. Although they are spread out over a much larger area, the grandstands presented a unique challenge of their own, with a high density of lights in a small area.

Last edited: