• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I can't believe you're actually arguing with me about this. I said I enjoyed something, and this has got you angry.

Eh? Who's angry here?

You said in your first post that you should enjoy the game just for the thrill of cornering/driving etc and not for the unlocks, but then in your next post you said you enjoyed getting the rewards and spending them on parts and new cars (i.e. unlocks). You can't see why that might seem like opposing positions to hold?

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
From the Evo article : "..More than seven million people are already playing the latest PS4 title..."
So GT Sport worldwide sales are 7+million units? Is this new information?

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
From the Evo article : "..More than seven million people are already playing the latest PS4 title..."
So GT Sport worldwide sales are 7+million units? Is this new information?
No PD announced over 7 million players in March. This is not sold but sells likely aren't too far behind as it's not on Plus or Now. Recently it has been estimated to be at 8 million sold but they are speculative. One thing's for sure it's selling very well and hasn't been bundled since the initial launch batch.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
It does sell pretty well. I hope they're ready to come on strong text Jen and not too late. Gran Turismo is PlayStations Sonic the hedgehog. I want to see a huge Gran Turismo 7 to make me buy that PS5.

May 18, 2018
London
I don't get the hype for the visuals in this game, genuinely. It looks mostly fine, but I really do think a lot of the track environments look super flat and the cars haven't knocked me sideways either.

It feels great to drive, I like most everything else about it honestly, but I have always found the visuals underwhelming. Felt the same way about the PS3 instalments. I think Forza is streets ahead graphically.

Oct 28, 2017
It does sell pretty well. I hope they're ready to come on strong text Jen and not too late. Gran Turismo is PlayStations Sonic the hedgehog. I want to see a huge Gran Turismo 7 to make me buy that PS5.

You could see where maybe they rebrand it Gran Turismo 7, include everything they included in Gran Turismo Sport, with a few more Single Player Updates, and release it with PS5 at or near launch. Would make a bunch of sense!

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the hype for the visuals in this game, genuinely. It looks mostly fine, but I really do think a lot of the track environments look super flat and the cars haven't knocked me sideways either.

It feels great to drive, I like most everything else about it honestly, but I have always found the visuals underwhelming. Felt the same way about the PS3 instalments. I think Forza is streets ahead graphically.

it may be to your appreciation and expectation of aesthethics but GT cars (details, lightning, rendering, paints reflections...) have always been a gen ahead of Forza.

It's a valid argument you make, GT tries to be realistic while forza always went for a more vivid visual approach (especially the color grading)

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

It's got the best HDR implementation out there. You been playing in SDR only?

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The production of GT events are in a complete another level in e-sports. Looks like a premium event you see in a sport channel. 7 diferent language comentators.

Last edited:

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018

Maybe you prefer semi stylized graphics to realistic? Nothing wrong with that.

The cars are the most detailed in the industry and there are comparisons to GT6 that show just how good they are compared to the best models last gen.

Speaking of graphics I hadn't played GT5 since GT6 came out and I decided to pop it in just to see it again and wow. It looks so bad now! It was definitely impressive 9-12 years ago though and not terrible but it doesn't live up to my memories of it. Then again I also remember thinking GT3 looked better than real life. :D

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thos
EYCz2UA.gif
I played GTS for hours and hours and thought it's a real footage, let alone people who don't know what's this game! lol

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
who's paying for this? Sony? Wonder how much it costs to throw these little events.

I'd imagine Sony is paying for it. Are there any sponsors? My question is how much does yamauchi gets to handle it. I'd imagine this stuff would be mostly his baby.

Edit: guys that gif is a gif of off-screen footage. Tons of detail is lost in both steps and the tendency is for either to produce an image that many find more realistic.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Who do GT replays look so realistic to me? Is it post effects or do I just better recognise it as gameplay when I'm in control? Distance probably helps too.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This looks like proper wet racing, in the sense of distance from the car ahead of you matters a whole bunch because of the spray kick-up. That's one of my favorite aspects of wet racing. Have we seen any in-car or chase views?

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Weather effects should arrive in the next update (TBA). We may get direct-feed footage from the FIA championship world-tour livestream happening tomorrow and Saturday.

EYCz2UA.gif

Live-stream link for tomorrow's broadcast races.

Looks good but more importantly Benzy, you posted a direct link to the video of the event, which is exactly what I was looking for today, so thanks man, good lookin out :)

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017

You just probably prefer cartoon graphics over realistic ones. That's the only explanation.
GT Sport is the most photorealistic game ever made, even outside of the gaming genre. It's king when it comes to stuff like car models, shaders and lighting. When it comes to trackside details, there were a thread on this forum by the time of the release comparing GT Sport vs Forza 7 on the Nordschleife track, and not only GTS were more accurate but also the quality of the assets were much, much better.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game laced with microtransactions? I just noticed it's only $20 and I'm seriously considering picking it up tonight.

Nope. It's free enough of them that I had to sit back and genuinely think if I'd even seen any in reply to your post.

You can choose to buy cars with real money instead of the in game currency, if I recall. And I think that's it.