• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Miyazono could have won this without that horrible move.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed with Fraga for his behaviour through Raidillion and disappointed with Hizal for giving up.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hizal giving up (if that is what happened) was the real shame. Shit happens on track but none of the other competitors stopped fighting at any stage of any portion of this or preceding races.
Lifting threough Raidillion is properly dirty as well. Wish Miyazono hadn't got his race ruined.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
Blocking at Raidillion and then not allowing any space in the chicane after. I can see why someone would feel defeated seeing that not being penalized.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Fraga just got a 5 second penalty, If Hizal was not a sour loser he wound have won this race. Even with the penalty Fraga still got the 1st place.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Fraga just got a 5 second penalty, If Hizal was not a sour loser he wound have won this race. Even with the penalty Fraga still got the 1st place.

Yep. I guess I am so used to watching real world motorsports (esp. F1) where folks never simply fall off from their opponents because they feel defeated, that this felt like a such wasted opportunity courtesy of tantrum.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
+ 5 second penalty for Fraga. And THIS is why Hizal should not have given up.
Yep, you never give up. Even if you are last in the last lap. Anything can happen.

And to be honest I think that the penalty was a bit harsh.

The move from Fraga for sure it wasn't fair play but is not a move that you should give a penalty.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
Hizal giving up made me mad, save your moaning for after the race. Igor recieved the penalty and still won because hizal was throwing a tantrum mid race.

Also lost all goodwill I built up this weekend for Cody, thought he had changed but then he fucked miyazono's masterclass strategy by sending him to the shadow realm. Miyazono is my driver of the day, could have won or atleast been second.

We are seeing one of the great individual rivalries in esports developed, Hizal vs Fraga will draw people in the future.

For those who are still on the fence, watch these world tours, they are the most exciting esport events for neutrals out there today.

Last edited:

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Are you talking about the move at turn one or the lifting off power going up Raidillon? Second one would be viewed as very dangerous in real life
The move at turn one is absolutely nothing. He let Hizal pass so he could have the slipstreaming advantage later. Just a smart defensive move.

I was talking for the slow down move on Eau Rouge. In my opinion it was a harsh penalty. Just my opinion. He got a penalty so probably I am wrong.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Also disappointed in Fraga's approach to winning. He held firm on soft tyres for a great opening stint, ditched the hard tyres quickly and could have won on merit but he decided to play dirty and ruined it.

Just like in real racing, stewards give a penalty that doesn't mean anything at all.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It does highlights some changes that need to be made The stewards need to be much harsher going forward. Like zero tolerance type stuff. Before today there was a big outcry from fans because the most anyone could get penalized is 5s. So it was big news today when Latkovski got a 10s penalty for what he did to Miyazono.

On the other hand, this event created a real rivalry with Hizal and Fraga. And Fraga's actions have taken him from being a fan favorite to a villain.

OP
OP
benzy

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about the move at turn one or the lifting off power going up Raidillon? Second one would be viewed as very dangerous in real life

Yeah, a deliberate lift off on a flat out section with a car right on your ass at 200 mph wouldn't pan out well in real life at all. Fraga would have never done that in real life.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
Hizail having less fuel makes sense. Gap came down by a huge amount after the pits. Think Fraga should've ditched the hards after one lap. Him letting Mik by before Radillion was genius.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Exactly, if the plan was to overtake fraga and then save fuel why moan about Fraga winning. It's hard enough to win against fraga driving all out what made him think he could win while fuel saving.
The only change he had to win while saving fuel was to stay behind Fraga all the time very close to him, then going all out in the last corners as he was using soft tires. But considering Fraga won with a big time advantage, i dont know if was really possible to beat Fraga. I think the best chance to beat him was if the penalty he got was bigger.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
When they said it was under investigation first thing that came to mind was Fraga getting a 5 secs penalty and still winning. Went back on the stream to check and sure enough it was just over 5 secs. Hizal truly made a fool of himself. Hopefully he'll learn from it.

Edit: Oh, didn't know about the fuel.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The next event is on September 13-14 at the Red Bull Ring. So Hizal doesn't have to wait long to try to get his revenge. It'll also be interesting to see if PD tries to implement any new rules in that short span, or if they just hold off until the end of the season.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
The next event is on September 13-14 at the Red Bull Ring. So Hizal doesn't have to wait long to try to get his revenge. It'll also be interesting to see if PD tries to implement any new rules in that short span, or if they just hold off until the end of the season.

Fraga isn't participating in the Nation's cup I think, so Hizal could win, but knowing him he just might throw it away to Cody or Coque. Anyways the next couple of competitions will be very interesting.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Fraga isn't participating in the Nation's cup I think, so Hizal could win, but knowing him he just might throw it away to Cody or Coque. Anyways the next couple of competitions will be very interesting.
Whenever it is, this could be the rivalry get sport needs to get some traction for these events.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Gutted for Miyazono, I love alternative strategies and he deserved a podium.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
Love the nation liveries they use for the one-make races. So many colour schemes used, and they're all easy on the eye.