• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Getting a bit bored by the overly serious GT style. 😴

I guess you've been bored since 1997 then!

For me, this looks like a really chill time … 😌

Seeing split-screen racing included is very welcome, as is 34 tracks with 90+ different routes too. The weather conditions and atmospheric changes (the night sky based around the tracks location) looks sensational, the Gran Turismo Café is like a classy collectathon and this new Music Rally mode is oddly compelling.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
90% of us will crash while watching that sexy cloud effects and transitions. Everytime.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
Meh, graphics look great but this felt like an infomercial for Farming Simulator. Getting a bit bored by the overly serious GT style. 😴

Im guessing you missed the last few minutes of the presentation.

This game is chill, a drastic difference from what almost every single AAA game is doing these days. It was super refreshing.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's just the time of day/tracks I'm looking at, but it is quite a massive jump in lighting quality from Sport to 7.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope they'd have some mix of Road America, Road Atlanta, and Sebring in the final spots of the NA track list.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
There were some scenes in the replay that the shadows on the environment were really bad. Took me right out of it. Like everything looked great but then I see that and go "oh..." Still getting it though.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's just the time of day/tracks I'm looking at, but it is quite a massive jump in lighting quality from Sport to 7.

i think that's the main difference in terms of presentation.

the graphics don't look much better than sport to be honest, but the lighting is definitely a step up.

ffw to 3:38 to see the dynamic lighting on willow springs.

will look sensational on an oled.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you that spent a lot of time with GT Sport, how are you feeling about GT7?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

Fantastic news. I wasn't really itching to spend the hours to recreate my Christina Nielsen Ferrari 458 GTE livery.
7070743842695184896_23.jpg

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Looks fantastic, might finally dethrone GT4 for me.

Though I gotta say it... hopefully it comes to PC, I'd rather not play it on PS4.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
PD delivered. GT7 is easily my most anticipated game of 2022. It will also be my most played (daily driver) of the year.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Looks good, hope it performs OK on PS4. Not a big fan of the HUD in GT games, but it is what it is. Also, it does look quite cross-gen, very similar to GT sport, which is a bit disappointing, but I guess bodes well for me and my last gen system. Although I might have a PS5 by the time I pick it up, still deep into Forza, so I'm more than willing to wait until the price drops significantly or it drops onto spartacus

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
These are the ones I can see from the video.

9 Asia/Oceania
Autopolis
Broad Bean Raceway
Suzuka
Fuji
Tokyo Expressway
Tsukuba Circuit
Mount Panorama
High Speed Ring
Kyoto Driving Park

10 Americas
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Laguna Seca
Willow Springs
Trial Mountain
Northern Isle Speedway
Daytona International
???
???
???
???

15 European
Goodwood
Brands Hatch
Nurburgring
Alsace
Maggiore
Sardegna
Monza
Red Bull Ring
Dragon Trail
Deep Forest Raceway
???
???
???
???
???

Pretty sure Interlagos was in there too.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
OgC56XZ.png

GT Sport had 85 songs, this is more than triple that number.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Nice article on GTPlanet recapping all the info

www.gtplanet.net

Gran Turismo 7 State of Play: Everything New That Was Revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLxwtaJqO9Y Gran Turismo 7 is just over a month from releasing on March 4, and Sony kicked off the game's marketing blitz today with a half-hour "State of Play" video dedicated to the title. Before the big show, we also had the chance to participate in a virtual m

Craazy

Oct 30, 2017
High Speed Ring, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest. That was all I needed. This is the next game I buy.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Some good stuff in there but just a couple of concerns:
- still no footage of more than 12 cars on-track in a race (GTSport has12, 16 or 20 for the Daily/FIA races)
- I still think the drying line is pre-determined ie. it's not entirely dynamic, but it's nice to see tyres have a water displacement effect (like in Driveclub)

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
i think that's the main difference in terms of presentation.

the graphics don't look much better than sport to be honest, but the lighting is definitely a step up.

ffw to 3:38 to see the dynamic lighting on willow springs.

will look sensational on an oled.

Yeah, there's a level of improved vibrancy and contrast that also just makes everything pop. Probably just a stylistic thing (perhaps they were going for a more "real world" look with Sport), but the changes here make a big difference in giving it that wow factor that I feel has been missing from the series since like 3 or 4 (at least in terms of my enthusiasm for GT in general). Looking forward to this!