• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good, but the always-online nature of it means I'll be waiting for a steep sale.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
  • Progression is rather slow and the game translates a feeling of needing lots of investment.
From Gameblog review (in french) :
Impossible de revendre les voitures + crédits durs à gagner + crédits en vente sur le PS Store = ?

Resell cars is impossible + earning credits is difficult + credits for sale on PS store = ?

Probably tell us that the game is a grindy mess, like the last entry...

It's a shame, I don't understand the reasoning behind the unability to sell our cars. Specifically when you won a car that you already have...

And don't start talking about 20 millions credits cars.

Man I hope this isn't overly grindy

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
There will always be some stuff outside of the consensus but not worth dwelling on these kinds of things when its overwhelmingly positive. At a certain point certain games will always have some people that may not jive with it.
I'm not pressed about it, just seems like the score was designed in a way to get eyes on their site. 6/10 would be a D in any academic setting, and you can't convince me the menus in this game are so bad that they justify bringing down the score that low.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Those constant dips under 60fps on PS5 are really baffling and annoying, the stuttering is really visible.
Apparently those happen mostly if you do a custom race where you put the max number of cars ahead of you, and do a standing grid start.
You should get rock solid 60 In pretty much any other ocasion where cars are more spread out through the track.
Rolling starts are also prevalent throughout, to minimize that scenario.

The dips still suck but, it seems like a good overall experience.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Why is Shuhei publicly congratulating Kaz on Twitter, he should walking down the road and hand delivering a gift basket

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
If you have a PlayStation you must buy a Gran Turismo game for it, it doesn't matter if you don't play racing games its the law!

Last edited:

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
This'll be my first GT, so I hope it doesn't sour me on the series. The racing and graphics look great at least

My first one too but I am spoiled by Horizon 5's credit flow so I hope there is no campaign impacting grind that slows the game down to a sludge. Dont really care about having every last car

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not pressed about it, just seems like the score was designed in a way to get eyes on their site. 6/10 would be a D in any academic setting, and you can't convince me the menus in this game are so bad that they justify bringing down the score that low.
Yeah they arent, GT7 is just menu heavy at certain points but thats why they have like an insane soundtrack to compensate because they know you will be spending a lot of time in menu at points. its something that might be a turn off heavily for sone but for me and others its pretty chill in the menus lol.
Why is Shuhei publicly congratulating Kaz on Twitter, he should walking down the road and hand delivering a gift basket

The audacity of him saying these kind words publicly. Lol.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
They're not banned from actually reviewing the game, they just have to buy their own copy like the rest of us. Ultimately its up to the publisher who gets the free copy 7 days early.
Blacklisting isn't the same as being banned, though. The rest of us aren't reviewing games several times a month, so they shouldn't have to buy copies all the time. Also, 7 days is not much time to release big games and could lead to crunch, which Stevivor are clearly against. Maybe that's the reason they were refused a copy?

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Blacklisting a fairly major-ish site (or any site for that matter) simply because they "dare" to not give a big new game of yours a glowing review is pretty shitty. Actually it's really shitty.

Hopefully that's not the case and it's just some sort of misunderstanding

Did they ban press from buying the game? Im confused.

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
Off-Topic: I studied Electrical Engineering 20 year's ago and a 6/10 was more like a B minus or a C plus. But videogame numerical review scores have always been super weird with a few exceptions here and there, like EDGE.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Of course they can't be banned from reviewing it

But if they used to give copies and with this game they didn't after a not so glowing review of the previous "big" game, that's blacklisting.

It sets a pretty bad precedent
They didn't even receive a code for Horizon two/(their previous big game), they stumbled upon an early copy from someone else and reviewed it.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I've been telling myself I'd hold out for a potential PC port, but after watching all these glowing reviews…

I immediately caved, lol. PS4 copy preordered.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Polyphony Digital. Looks like a masterclass game. 88 on OpenCritic is a monumental achievement.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this, but Luke's review at IGN has me worrying a bit. Namely the career events being once again droll with catch the leader rolling starts, a heavy grind with real money prompts to calm the progression, and surprisingly a less well-rounded soundtrack than prior entries(most subjective point so we'll see, but he makes a good point about wishing for the return of past selections to add to the 25th anniversary celebration).

Don't mind the grind if the racing keeps me engaged, but if it's non-stop drivel against dull AI, then I worry about bouncing off fast after the honeymoon phase ends.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Looks incredible. Haven't played a sim racer in years, but this should hold me over for the foreseeable future. Can't wait to experience a racer on the dualsense.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to this, but Luke's review at IGN has me worrying a bit. Namely the career events being once again droll with catch the leader rolling starts, a heavy grind with real money prompts to calm the progression, and surprisingly a less well-rounded soundtrack than prior entries(most subjective point so we'll see, but he makes a good point about wishing for the return of past selections to add to the 25th anniversary celebration).

Don't mind the grind if the racing keeps me engaged, but if it's non-stop drivel against dull AI, then I worry about bouncing off fast after the honeymoon phase ends.

I'm confused - there is still modern, licensed music, correct? Stuff I'd hear on a radio station IRL regularly. It's just there's not some of the big hits from 1-6 that came before.

Or is there no licensed pop/punk/rock/rap music?

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It has a tonne of music and you can turn on or off the tracks you want to play.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can you turn off the giant music UI element in music rally? It's way too distracting imo